Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 131 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 90,155 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Recommend Thread
devs
December 15, 2019, 5:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
John McGovern ex Forest skipper on Clough
"Would i go out for a drink with him?"
Not a chance

" Would I run through a brick wall for him?"
All day long

That's what you want

Winners

Look at PH
Not in same league as Clough obvs
But... when he came in at Scunny one of first things he did was get rid of Hamill...bad apple... you can f*ck off mate!
Since then they have improved loads

Bit of old school never harmed a club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 455
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 15, 2019, 6:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm sticking with my original theory; although they got 50 c.v.s they were all shiite and the board are desperately wishing Limbrick to fluke a win, so they can use it as the excuse to appoint him. And it has the added bonus of being the cheap and easy option.
My evidence is that every time previously we've had advance warning as to who's been interviewed and who is likely to get it. This time ,apart from stockdale, there has been absolutely zero news or rumour

The board may have some idea about just keeping the ship afloat just long enough for some other fool Shutes to buy it ....... so they have no incentive to do anything exciting like spend money.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 455
Yoda
December 15, 2019, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,156
Gold Stars: 71
By the law of averages Fenty must pick one decent manager in his 20 year spell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 455
Mariner_501
December 15, 2019, 9:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Would be fuming if AL got the job. Not even a single goal so far. Would not put it past Fenty though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 455
denni266
December 15, 2019, 9:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
The longer fenty holds off getting someone in the more money he is saving. At a guess he and MJ wold have come to an arrangement of 3 monthe pay on leaving. just a guess but prob not far out. and fenty wont want to be paying double out if we are not in trouble..As he will see it no doubt. Hoping AL will come goodish in that time. AL has had some good teams to play while being in charge and i dont see us getting anything out of the scunts game , but i think we are just going to tread water for now no matter what
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 455
Poojah
December 15, 2019, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
I sincerely hoped we might have someone in ahead of Saturday, which will be over a month since Jolley’s sacking. A month in which we haven’t scored.

I fear a humiliation on Saturday, the kind of which many of us will not have seen before. Bath, Chasetown et al were humbling - this, being Hurst and our old enemies, would be something on a different level.

I hope I’m wrong, I really do. But I’ve not seen much in the last two months to give me the confidence otherwise.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 455
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 16, 2019, 4:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Poojah
I sincerely hoped we might have someone in ahead of Saturday, which will be over a month since Jolley’s sacking. A month in which we haven’t scored.

I fear a humiliation on Saturday, the kind of which many of us will not have seen before. Bath, Chasetown et al were humbling - this, being Hurst and our old enemies, would be something on a different level.

I hope I’m wrong, I really do. But I’ve not seen much in the last two months to give me the confidence otherwise.

Wouldn't Hurst be doing us a big favour if they won comfortably on Saturday? Wouldn't it force Fenty's hand? Surely not even the arch inertia man could ignore that humiliation? Could he?

The worst thing would be another blank draw and even a 1-0 win would not signify the start of a renaissance but both would more or less guarantee no change of manager until New Year at the earliest, and then it is "well let's see what he turns up in the transfer window ............ " and before you know it we are in February.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 455
Northbank Mariner
December 16, 2019, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171

Wouldn't Hurst be doing us a big favour if they won comfortably on Saturday? Wouldn't it force Fenty's hand? Surely not even the arch inertia man could ignore that humiliation? Could he?

The worst thing would be another blank draw and even a 1-0 win would not signify the start of a renaissance but both would more or less guarantee no change of manager until New Year at the earliest, and then it is "well let's see what he turns up in the transfer window ............ " and before you know it we are in February.

Problem is RRFC there will be nothing happening in the January transfer window...
JF has already stated on tape that Jolley spukned all the cash in the summer.
He states it will have to be "one out, one in" which is great, only we don't have a player in the squad we could offload because no one would take any of them!!
So be it AL or a another who's manager, they will only has this squad to play with until 25th April.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 455
louth_in_the_south
December 16, 2019, 6:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
To be fair to AL we should’ve scored at least 2 goals on Saturday. He can’t be blamed for 2 easy misses and a disallowed goal that looked ok to me

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 455
Withnail
December 16, 2019, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Bet Tisdale's hoping for a call from Brovers. Just a hop and a skip from his home town of Bath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 455
46 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.