Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 90,135 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
December 5, 2019, 3:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
The bookies have got AL as odd son favourite for the job.  Hold your horses.  We need to see a couple of results first.  The football's prettier that's for sure but we need results even if hard grafted for.  On the flip side some fans want a new manager but it's gonna be a bit of time before they settle in.  Has anyone done any research on longevity of Grimsby fans compared to other clubs? Not sure my ticker can take much more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 455
December 5, 2019, 6:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

So we lose Saturday bring in new manager Monday and he does not win by the new year,

What do we do then ?

I believe that we were discussing AL and his results up until the New Year, not just until Saturday!

Reply: 321 - 455
GollyGTFC
December 5, 2019, 6:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Mayaman
The bookies have got AL as odd son favourite for the job.  Hold your horses.  We need to see a couple of results first.  The football's prettier that's for sure but we need results even if hard grafted for.  On the flip side some fans want a new manager but it's gonna be a bit of time before they settle in.  Has anyone done any research on longevity of Grimsby fans compared to other clubs? Not sure my ticker can take much more.

Bookies pay out if a caretaker/interim manager does 10 matches in charges. So his odds are only going to shorten as each game passes by.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 322 - 455
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 5, 2019, 6:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza

If you're talking about Wilkinson, there was absolutely no difference to his predecessor or improvement during his spell.

Newport aside, that doesn't appear to be the case now.

To be fair Dazza - there would never have been any chance of Pep getting the job if he had been Slade’s assistant.  

Fenty would never have dared to appoint Wilkinson and I would take a shrewd punt that he guessed it or more likely was told it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 455
pizzzza
December 5, 2019, 7:28pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from arryarryarry
Found this transcript on the Swindon fans forum for all those that never got to hear it.

Enjoy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael Jolley: David Burns, Matt Dean, Gwilym (Lloyd) – you haven’t the flipping balls to ask a straight question.

You’re a flipping disgrace as a collective. Outrageous. The flipping negativity around this football club. It’s a flipping disgrace. An absolute disgrace.

Matt Dean: Why are you raising this now?

Michael Jolley: I have been waiting for an opportune moment when I’ve had you in the room.

You lot are a flipping disgrace. You’re antagonistic, confrontational – flipping Jeremy Paxman. You flipping are an absolute flipping disgrace of a journalist.

Do your flipping research. flipping ask a straight question…you try your best? You are antagonistic, flipping patronising, arrogant you are a flipping disgrace of a journalist.

The flipping radio station gives us no flipping positive coverage whatsoever.

flipping you and flipping Gwilym criticising playing man-for-man at Chelsea.

I go on the flipping Monday night show with Rob (Statton) because he is a flipping professional journalist and a flipping straight shooter and you don’t flipping ask me a question. And then I go off you say ‘yeah it was the wrong decision to play man for man’ – flipping ask me then.

Ask the flipping manager. You’ve got no balderdash. You’ve got no flipping balderdash.

You’re snide, behind people’s flipping backs. Every flipping manager of this football club has had a problem with you. Every manager. Has had a flipping problem. Every single manager has had a problem with you.

I’ve flipping spoke to them all. Trust me. About you. As an individual.

And flipping Burns is an absolute flipping disgrace as well. A flipping disgrace.

Ask me some flipping decent questions. Your flipping confrontational. Jeremy flipping Paxman.

I’ve said to you, ask me any question you want. You’re flipping excrement at it, you should do your flipping research.

You put a negative spin on everything. You’ve never ever given us any flipping credit.

How did Chesterfield get on today? How did Barnet get on today? That’s who we could be competing with. You could be going to flipping Braintree. And flipping Borehamwood, you people. Have you flipping spoken about that?

After a short, partially-audible exchange with John Tondeur, Jolley continues: Have you seen our flipping budget. Have you seen our budget. Do you know where we flipping should be? Do you know where we flipping should be?

Have you said that on the radio? Or have you just said ‘you’re not doing very well’. All the flipping negative things you ask all the time. Your style is so antagonistic.

Come on Matt. You know yourself, you try to catch people out. You might get a bit more respect if you tried to build a relationship. Rob’s coverage is reasonable and balanced. Your coverage isn’t balanced.

You must be flipping buzzing – ‘4-0 Grimsby lose at home, flipping brilliant, this is exactly what we flipping want’. You must be flipping delighted. It’s actually flipping true.

Someone should definitely fix the Jolley recording with beeps over the "fuckings". Would be like Mike Bassett  

[youtube]ylftUmF-GSw[/youtube]
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 455
arryarryarry
December 5, 2019, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pizzzza

Someone should definitely fix the Jolley recording with beeps over the "fuckings". Would be like Mike Bassett  

[youtube]ylftUmF-GSw[/youtube]

Well he did play for Town.
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 455
GollyGTFC
December 8, 2019, 9:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from GollyGTFC
We need the new manager in ASAP. Probably too late for Tuesday night, but after Cheltenham there is 11 days until next match. Perfect chance to appoint a new manager maybe Wednesday or Thursday next week and give them a week to work with what they’ve inherited.

And 2 weeks of fence sitting later we get the sort of performance and result that was easy to predict if we waste time and leave Limbrick in charge.

And before anyone says it, I know Swindon are too. However they didn’t even have to move out of first gear yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 326 - 455
BackHeelTony
December 13, 2019, 11:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Cameron Toshack now 6-1 for the job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 455
TwoLeftFeet
December 13, 2019, 12:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from BackHeelTony
Cameron Toshack now 6-1 for the job

He left Swansea this morning to face a fresh new challenge?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 455
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 13, 2019, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

He left Swansea this morning to face a fresh new challenge?

Challenge?
It won't be town then, I'd say it's worse than that

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 455
46 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.