Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 89,789 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
December 5, 2019, 11:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80

On the other hand if we get whopped are we still going to hear all the "give him a chance" stuff again?

I guarantee there'll be a list of available managers posted on here by 5.15pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 455
Rik e B
December 5, 2019, 11:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Ha ha yeah sure they would array!

If we unlucky to lose putting in a stirring performance then yeah I'd say give him more time but you just know if the result isn't there despite a good performance the impatient mob will be out baying for blood and change.

Just like they will if any new guy isn't pulling up trees after six or seven games.

I get the not being accepting of mediocrity thing I really do but if that section had their way every time we'd have gotten through a gargantuan amount of managers, all needing paying off and the club would be in total disarray with no continuity.

Granted, things aren't loads better than that as is... 🙊😂 - but you get my drift.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 455
Rik e B
December 5, 2019, 11:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
My one concern for Saturday is AL kinda backed into a corner having to give it the passing football and having a good go hype, a pragmatic or defensive tone wouldn't sit do well. But, Swindon won five in a row have alot of pace and are excellent at counter attacking.

Go too gung-ho and we might be made to pay, especially as we struggling to covert our chances. But creating chances we are, probably be some high scoring games if we can find our shooting boots... Doesn't want to me weighted greatly to the negative if we can't!

But we gotta get confidence back into the players that they can go toe to toe with pretty much anyone like they've shown they capable of early in the campaign. The thing is a new guy would usually tighten the ship and build from the back, but thus is AL's big chance and like I say that mentality wouldn't go down so well and would he be afforded time to shape and mould if the board caught wind of the supporter's disgruntlement?

Some gritty draws shutting up shop and hopefully scrape an unconvincing win of two, even if the fayre on show pretty drab? Or go for it toe to toe in swashbuckling humdingers where the fans entertained but maybe fall short and knives are out as results not there?

It's a tough one to call, who's be a football manager ey... Well we all think we would but the situation a person finds themselves if given that chance is often not an ideal one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 455
golfer
December 5, 2019, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Closing down sale Saturday "-When it's gone it's Gone "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 455
December 5, 2019, 12:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
The list of managers on the list will not guarantee success so sticking with what we have got for a few more games can only be a wise move.

If  A L proves he can not do it by the New year then give someone else a chance.

Seriously??  If he can't cut it by New Year then we could be in serious trouble by then.  There are 5 matches this month and none of them are going to be easy.
Reply: 314 - 455
OllieGTFC
December 5, 2019, 1:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Last time the assistance nearly got the job we was nearly relegated we will go the same way, next time we go to non league we won’t be coming back

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 455
grimsby pete
December 5, 2019, 1:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from 123614

[/b]

Seriously??  If he can't cut it by New Year then we could be in serious trouble by then.  There are 5 matches this month and none of them are going to be easy.

So we lose Saturday bring in new manager Monday and he does not win by the new year,

What do we do then ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 455
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 5, 2019, 2:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete

So we lose Saturday bring in new manager Monday and he does not win by the new year,

What do we do then ?

But football is a decision and results business. Clubs can’t afford too much patience. It’s like a manager saying he’s going to play the same team regardless of results for the next  X games because they all agree with every word he says.

For me, Limbrick says all the right things but so did the last manager when he came -  pressing game, get the ball in the box .......... He was the Messiah. So did Bignot when he came - get wingers down the line and crossing the ball he said ......... he was another Messiah. Now it’s Limbrick, must play a passing game and be like Buckley ....... the new Messiah?

Talk is cheap, it’s results what counts.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 455
grimsby pete
December 5, 2019, 2:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221

But football is a decision and results business. Clubs can’t afford too much patience. It’s like a manager saying he’s going to play the same team regardless of results for the next  X games because they all agree with every word he says.

For me, Limbrick says all the right things but so did the last manager when he came -  pressing game, get the ball in the box .......... He was the Messiah. So did Bignot when he came - get wingers down the line and crossing the ball he said ......... he was another Messiah. Now it’s Limbrick, must play a passing game and be like Buckley ....... the new Messiah?

Talk is cheap, it’s results what counts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree but you have to give any new man a certain amount of games,

We are not in the position to appoint a outstanding manager so I think its only fair that AL is given until after Christmas to prove he can get the results if he can't then fair enough appoint someone else

As we all know even then the new man can not guarantee getting results anytime soon.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 455
marinerdazza
December 5, 2019, 3:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Last time the assistance nearly got the job we was nearly relegated we will go the same way, next time we go to non league we won’t be coming back

If you're talking about Wilkinson, there was absolutely no difference to his predecessor or improvement during his spell.

Newport aside, that doesn't appear to be the case now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 455
46 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.