Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 90,105 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
December 4, 2019, 1:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

So you're telling me you expected someone to come in, be given 48 hours with the players and go and smash, Newport, Northampton and Cheltenham for 9 points ..??  Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee bud, we couldn't afford pep I'm afraid ..

But he hasn't only had 48 hours with the players, he was MJ's Assistant, remember!  He was part of a failed team, and as such shouldn't be put in full charge of GTFC, but of course, it's the cheap option, YET AGAIN, and that will suit Fenty down to the ground.

Reply: 300 - 455
Northbank Mariner
December 4, 2019, 1:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,441
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

But he hasn't only had 48 hours with the players, he was MJ's Assistant, remember!  He was part of a failed team, and as such shouldn't be put in full charge of GTFC, but of course, it's the cheap option, YET AGAIN, and that will suit Fenty down to the ground.

I don't think MJ listened to a word limbrick ever spoke, if he did why on earth did he not do what limbrick has done in only 3 games at the helm?...
Listen to limbrick speak and you'll hear he's the opposite to Jolley...
He doesn't believe in tinkering, he believes in setting a style of play, squad formation and building that around the players he has rather than asking players to do things that don't come natural to them... simply put, limbrick wants square pegs in square holes, playing to their strengths and wants continuity to allow players to build relationships with each other on the pitch
As for it being the cheap option, that I agree with but in reality, we don't have the funds to pay for a top drawer manager, it's a simple as that..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 455
arryarryarry
December 4, 2019, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Found this transcript on the Swindon fans forum for all those that never got to hear it.

Enjoy

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael Jolley: David Burns, Matt Dean, Gwilym (Lloyd) – you haven’t the flipping balls to ask a straight question.

You’re a flipping disgrace as a collective. Outrageous. The flipping negativity around this football club. It’s a flipping disgrace. An absolute disgrace.

Matt Dean: Why are you raising this now?

Michael Jolley: I have been waiting for an opportune moment when I’ve had you in the room.

You lot are a flipping disgrace. You’re antagonistic, confrontational – flipping Jeremy Paxman. You flipping are an absolute flipping disgrace of a journalist.

Do your flipping research. flipping ask a straight question…you try your best? You are antagonistic, flipping patronising, arrogant you are a flipping disgrace of a journalist.

The flipping radio station gives us no flipping positive coverage whatsoever.

flipping you and flipping Gwilym criticising playing man-for-man at Chelsea.

I go on the flipping Monday night show with Rob (Statton) because he is a flipping professional journalist and a flipping straight shooter and you don’t flipping ask me a question. And then I go off you say ‘yeah it was the wrong decision to play man for man’ – flipping ask me then.

Ask the flipping manager. You’ve got no balderdash. You’ve got no flipping balderdash.

You’re snide, behind people’s flipping backs. Every flipping manager of this football club has had a problem with you. Every manager. Has had a flipping problem. Every single manager has had a problem with you.

I’ve flipping spoke to them all. Trust me. About you. As an individual.

And flipping Burns is an absolute flipping disgrace as well. A flipping disgrace.

Ask me some flipping decent questions. Your flipping confrontational. Jeremy flipping Paxman.

I’ve said to you, ask me any question you want. You’re flipping excrement at it, you should do your flipping research.

You put a negative spin on everything. You’ve never ever given us any flipping credit.

How did Chesterfield get on today? How did Barnet get on today? That’s who we could be competing with. You could be going to flipping Braintree. And flipping Borehamwood, you people. Have you flipping spoken about that?

After a short, partially-audible exchange with John Tondeur, Jolley continues: Have you seen our flipping budget. Have you seen our budget. Do you know where we flipping should be? Do you know where we flipping should be?

Have you said that on the radio? Or have you just said ‘you’re not doing very well’. All the flipping negative things you ask all the time. Your style is so antagonistic.

Come on Matt. You know yourself, you try to catch people out. You might get a bit more respect if you tried to build a relationship. Rob’s coverage is reasonable and balanced. Your coverage isn’t balanced.

You must be flipping buzzing – ‘4-0 Grimsby lose at home, flipping brilliant, this is exactly what we flipping want’. You must be flipping delighted. It’s actually flipping true.
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 455
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 4, 2019, 8:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
He just flipped

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 455
rancido
December 4, 2019, 9:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
He just flipped

You're flipping right there!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 455
Vance Warner
December 4, 2019, 10:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
If I'm honest I can't for the life of me see why we haven't used the last ten days to interview for a new manager. We know there has been no 'new manager bounce' with AL. Yes they have been tough games but performances haven't improved enough for him to be considered IMO. We have the lowest league crowds in a generation, the biggest game of the season in a couple of weeks, a danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle and a gap of two weeks to recruit a new manager. What are we playing at? Are we really that complacent that we'd risk our league status all over again? The Jolley departure didn't seem to come as a surprise to those at the club so they've had plenty of time to sort their fuck1ng ducks out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 455
louth_in_the_south
December 4, 2019, 11:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
How do you know they haven’t been interviewing?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 455
grimsby pete
December 5, 2019, 12:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
The list of managers on the list will not guarantee success so sticking with what we have got for a few more games can only be a wise move.

If  A L proves he can not do it by the New year then give someone else a chance.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 455
Rik e B
December 5, 2019, 2:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'm warming to AL, I've seen a game by game improvement in performance and like the noises made about sticking to a game plan, formation and ethos.

The lowest league crowd in a generation more the fault of his predecessor and the lack of vision or ambition from above so I wouldn't pin that at his door but I agree it smacks of incompetence to not at least dip our toes in the water and see what's out there. At least do an initial round of interviews to compare what people have to say with what we have in house with AL. Even if the overriding idea is we more than likely going to give AL a decent run of fixtures.

It doesn't cost anything to invite people in and conduct interviews surely?

All I can think is the applicants thus far really do not whet the appetite or stand out as anything above and beyond what we already got. And that any that would require compensation to prise away from their present clubs are either too pricey or not interested... or Mr. Fenty and the board have zero appetite for negatively denting the books if at all possible.

Maybe it would upset prospective candidates having their time wasted and theyd say boll**s to ya if called them back further down the line?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 455
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 5, 2019, 11:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rik e B
I'm warming to AL, I've seen a game by game improvement in performance and like the noises made about sticking to a game plan, formation and ethos.

The lowest league crowd in a generation more the fault of his predecessor and the lack of vision or ambition from above so I wouldn't pin that at his door but I agree it smacks of incompetence to not at least dip our toes in the water and see what's out there. At least do an initial round of interviews to compare what people have to say with what we have in house with AL. Even if the overriding idea is we more than likely going to give AL a decent run of fixtures.

It doesn't cost anything to invite people in and conduct interviews surely?

All I can think is the applicants thus far really do not whet the appetite or stand out as anything above and beyond what we already got. And that any that would require compensation to prise away from their present clubs are either too pricey or not interested... or Mr. Fenty and the board have zero appetite for negatively denting the books if at all possible.

Maybe it would upset prospective candidates having their time wasted and theyd say boll**s to ya if called them back further down the line?

I am sure the fans would warm to you or me too Rik as manager if we had best part of a fortnight with no games and time to say things that the media and the fans want to hear about passing game footie and the like.  

The proof of the pudding is on Saturday against a side on a good run. It's a two edged sword this break, it raises expectations because he's had lot of time to work with some reasonable players. On the other hand if we get whopped are we still going to hear all the "give him a chance" stuff again?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 455
46 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.