Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

New Manager

This thread currently has 90,154 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
tanga_the_indestructible
December 14, 2019, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I thought Culverhouse looked like a good bet but someone on here reminded me of the stuff he got caught up in at Villa,  

What stuff?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 455
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2019, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
I heard on the radio this afternoon that the atmosphere in the dressing room had improved, now that Jolley has gone. Limbrick is a nice guy. He is methodical, and well organised I was told.

All that sounds great. A nice guy, a methodical and dedicated COACH, who the players respect.

What we need however is a manager, a winner, someone who takes no prisoners and has the contacts in the game to get the players we so badly need in the next window and the ones after that.

Nothing gets done at this club, does it? No drive, no ambition, no strategy or war game to ever try to get out of the rut we are in.

Whilst we run down the clock to when Fenty eventually leaves, surely to God its not asking too much to appoint a manager, is it? Let Limbrick remain as coach.

Private Message
Reply: 351 - 455
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2019, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
The atmosphere may well have improved but the bleeding results haven't which is far more important than being all pally pally...we need a kick ar$e manager who holds no prisoners...could never see Cloughy being spoken about as being Mr Nice guy!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 455
Cricklewoodmariner
December 14, 2019, 10:21pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you'd give him the job would you get  Super Clive in to coach the strikers? Dean Crombie to sort the defense? Dis to "be around the club" Tony Rees to coach the back heels with Buckley in a Director of Football? We could even get Lawsey to do the catering.  

We're f******d at the moment, I'm not saying that Robbie is not an option but only if he's the best candidate and not just because he's played for the club.  

Then again looking at the mess any new manager would walk into maybe he is the only candidate.      

Mike Newell to run the trust bars.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 455
Abdul19
December 14, 2019, 10:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216

What stuff?

Sacked for bullying I think.

Probably just banter.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 455
Withnail
December 15, 2019, 1:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you'd give him the job would you get  Super Clive in to coach the strikers? Dean Crombie to sort the defense? Dis to "be around the club" Tony Rees to coach the back heels with Buckley in a Director of Football? We could even get Lawsey to do the catering.  

We're f******d at the moment, I'm not saying that Robbie is not an option but only if he's the best candidate and not just because he's played for the club.  

Then again looking at the mess any new manager would walk into maybe he is the only candidate.      

Of course I would. And Michael Jolley as press officer so he can meet and greet Radio Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 455
denni266
December 15, 2019, 10:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
The atmosphere may well have improved but the bleeding results haven't which is far more important than being all pally pally...we need a kick ar$e manager who holds no prisoners...could never see Cloughy being spoken about as being Mr Nice guy!!

I think there is a big differance between the players then and the ones now. Back then a bollocking made men stand up and fight. All they do now is run to there agent. union rep ,none chairman screaming he`s picking on me so i want out there is men and there is boys.  Could anyone imagine Bobby Cummings being told he had a bad game.. First he would look the manage in the eye and say ok watch this.. next game he would run through opponents ripping them a new one to prove his point, not wimper in the corner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 455
forza ivano
December 15, 2019, 4:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
I'm sticking with my original theory; although they got 50 c.v.s they were all shiite and the board are desperately wishing Limbrick to fluke a win, so they can use it as the excuse to appoint him. And it has the added bonus of being the cheap and easy option.
My evidence is that every time previously we've had advance warning as to who's been interviewed and who is likely to get it. This time ,apart from stockdale, there has been absolutely zero news or rumour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 455
MuddyWaters
December 15, 2019, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm sticking with my original theory; although they got 50 c.v.s they were all shiite and the board are desperately wishing Limbrick to fluke a win, so they can use it as the excuse to appoint him. And it has the added bonus of being the cheap and easy option.
My evidence is that every time previously we've had advance warning as to who's been interviewed and who is likely to get it. This time ,apart from stockdale, there has been absolutely zero news or rumour

Agree with a large proportion of this.

We couldn’t attract anyone with any pedigree last time round and ended up with a manager who had only coached in youth setups in this country and we’ve only got less attractive since. I remember Mr Day saying Championship in 5 years, I know now that he was taking the pi55. We need new owners, a new stadium, new players and a new manager. Before long, we’ll need new fans too.
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 455
forza ivano
December 15, 2019, 5:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
I would add 1 thing in defence of limbrick. Hes been incredibly unlucky with the teams we've met. Newport away where we have a unbelievably bad record and they have a brilliant cup record. Northampton who were to of the form league, Cheltenham who were in the play off places, Swindon top of the league and carlisle who I was surprised to find, had only lost 1 in the last 8 games. Doesnt get any easier next week as I think the scunts are close to the top of the form table
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 455
46 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.