Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Michael Jolley was to leave..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

If Michael Jolley was to leave..

This thread currently has 14,908 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 24, 2019, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
So you're asking if people would accept a serial loser as a manager?....limbrick took working down, he gets sacked and the next season they storm the league ...it's a no from me...
If Jolley was to go if be asking Dave Moore to take a caretaker role on then really take our time finding a new manager, who that would be, not really sure who we could attract with the size of our budget....
To be honest, when I look at what Sol Campbell did with Macclesfield I'd be half tempted but not completely behind the appointment..

You've been living in Yorkshire too long if that's how you pronounce Woking.

(or were you thinking of Workington?   ).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 87
arryarryarry
October 25, 2019, 4:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LondonMariner43

After the Exeter game (and on other occasions) posters on here have been saying how great we are.

Are there many that are / were saying we are great?

I went to Oldham, Salford, Stevenage, saw the home games against Crewe, Mansfield and Leyton Orient and on those games we looked a poor side, but I went to Exeter and Cambridge and thought we played very well, especially against Exeter.

I think what recent games have shown us is that we are not looking good enough to sustain a promotion challenge especially with swapping the team about so much.

I think that MJ should stick to playing his best players and not keep changing the side after too much analysing of what the opposition are likely to do.  

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 87
KingstonMariner
October 25, 2019, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Who are his best players?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 87
grimsby pete
October 26, 2019, 1:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Who are his best players?

Nobody knows 😀

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 87
golfer
October 26, 2019, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from CodHead

We took a chance on Jolley

"Take a Chance on me "      J.L.S. are no longer !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 87
Mrs Doyle
October 26, 2019, 9:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
FFS!!! fishy at it's finest.

Toxic town fc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 87
KingstonMariner
October 27, 2019, 12:54am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Nobody knows, least of all him.

Well people are saying he should play his best team. If you’re saying no one knows then it’s hardly useful advice is it?

‘Do something different, but I don’t know what.’

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 87
rancido
October 27, 2019, 8:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well people are saying he should play his best team. If you’re saying no one knows then it’s hardly useful advice is it?

‘Do something different, but I don’t know what.’

What is his best team. Apart from Hess I think nearly all the other outfield players have had good and bad performances. I hear this expression "square pegs in round holes" used about some players roles but that doesn't explain bad passing, poor marking and wrong positioning demonstrated by some players. These are all basics that are coached into all outfield players regardless of whether they are defenders, midfielders or strikers.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 87
toontown
October 27, 2019, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from rancido

What is his best team. Apart from Hess I think nearly all the other outfield players have had good and bad performances. I hear this expression "square pegs in round holes" used about some players roles but that doesn't explain bad passing, poor marking and wrong positioning demonstrated by some players. These are all basics that are coached into all outfield players regardless of whether they are defenders, midfielders or strikers.

I would disagree. It might not explain the bad passing but it goes some way to explaining bad marking and positioning. If you are playing an unfamiliar role it can add a fractional hesitation to your positioning as it isn't as instinctive and you have to think about it more. And that can be exposed. At league 2 level players are more likely to be making such positional mistakes anyway, playing an unfamiliar role will exacerbate it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 87
rancido
October 27, 2019, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from toontown

I would disagree. It might not explain the bad passing but it goes some way to explaining bad marking and positioning. If you are playing an unfamiliar role it can add a fractional hesitation to your positioning as it isn't as instinctive and you have to think about it more. And that can be exposed. At league 2 level players are more likely to be making such positional mistakes anyway, playing an unfamiliar role will exacerbate it.

I think you will find that a lot of young players are coached in various roles at all the professional clubs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Michael Jolley was to leave..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.