Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Michael Jolley was to leave..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 140 Guests

If Michael Jolley was to leave..

This thread currently has 14,838 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
scott_gtfc_89
October 20, 2019, 12:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Would you be happy with Anthony Limbrick given the chance of first team manager? Or would you prefer someone with more experience
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
October 20, 2019, 12:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
NO NO NO it never works promoting from within.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 87
wigworld
October 20, 2019, 12:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from CodHead

I’d be happy with Limbrick can’t do any worse. Surely?

We've had at least 3 other managers in the last 15 years who've done worse.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 87
HertsGTFC
October 20, 2019, 1:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
NO NO NO it never works promoting from within.

George kerr

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 87
Northbank Mariner
October 20, 2019, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
So you're asking if people would accept a serial loser as a manager?....limbrick took working down, he gets sacked and the next season they storm the league ...it's a no from me...
If Jolley was to go if be asking Dave Moore to take a caretaker role on then really take our time finding a new manager, who that would be, not really sure who we could attract with the size of our budget....
To be honest, when I look at what Sol Campbell did with Macclesfield I'd be half tempted but not completely behind the appointment..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 87
grimsby pete
October 20, 2019, 2:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
So you're asking if people would accept a serial loser as a manager?....limbrick took working down, he gets sacked and the next season they storm the league ...it's a no from me...
If Jolley was to go if be asking Dave Moore to take a caretaker role on then really take our time finding a new manager, who that would be, not really sure who we could attract with the size of our budget....
To be honest, when I look at what Sol Campbell did with Macclesfield I'd be half tempted but not completely behind the appointment..

To be fair to Limbrick he had Woking riding high in the conference but had to sell his 3 best players in January he also lost another player I think in that window and that's when they started falling like a brick.

The club made some good money from those sales and got decent players in for a promotion push to get back where they started.

Having said that Jolley will not be going anywhere at the moment it would look bad on his CV so we will see what happens after this season we will not be bottom and I think a play off place must be the aim.

BUT

We wont achieve that if he keeps changing the team and telling players to play out of position they must be getting a bit drunk off doing that and then being  dropped.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 87
Northbank Mariner
October 20, 2019, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from grimsby pete

To be fair to Limbrick he had Woking riding high in the conference but had to sell his 3 best players in January he also lost another player I think in that window and that's when they started falling like a brick.

The club made some good money from those sales and got decent players in for a promotion push to get back where they started.

Having said that Jolley will not be going anywhere at the moment it would look bad on his CV so we will see what happens after this season we will not be bottom and I think a play off place must be the aim.

BUT

We wont achieve that if he keeps changing the team and telling players to play out of position they must be getting a bit drunk off doing that and then being  dropped.

Makes you wonder if he's lost the dressing room Pete, with the experience of the likes of Hanson, and Green they must question his tactics, both of them have worked under far more successful managers and probably have a better understanding of football than MJ himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 87
Stadium
October 20, 2019, 3:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Awaiting suggestions of Buckley with Disley etc etc.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 87
arryarryarry
October 20, 2019, 3:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
I don't think Alan Buckley is doing anything these days and what's Craig Disley up to?

We could do worse?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 87
grimsby pete
October 20, 2019, 3:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Makes you wonder if he's lost the dressing room Pete, with the experience of the likes of Hanson, and Green they must question his tactics, both of them have worked under far more successful managers and probably have a better understanding of football than MJ himself.

If he has not lost the dressing room now he will before very long if he keeps doing what he is doing.

Another Thomas outburst might be on the cards.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 87
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If Michael Jolley was to leave..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.