rancido
August 3, 2019, 7:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer

So what does he buy the club with and provide the reddies for running the club. I am sure that JSF wants cash for his loans and shares

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
rancido
August 3, 2019, 7:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from rancido

Didn't the Glaziers buy Manure with loans?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2019, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mimma

So you think that Fenty should just step aside and let someone take over and hope they have the funds.

Fenty is doing everything right in making sure that he has money to back up the rhetoric.  Clubs have been ruined by being sold to the first person to come along with grand ideas but no money to carry them out. Remember the Notts County debacle when they paid Eriksson and Sol Campbell a fortune before finding out they hadn't got the funds to pay for them?

Look where they are now.

Oh come on! Fenty wants his money back, and Shutes wants to buy the club. What business is it of Fenty what Shutes proposes in the future?

Set a deadline and then if the price is agreed the deal goes through. Shutes is not going to divulge how many other investors he may have lined up is he, or Fenty will up the price.

Everything is a risk; getting out of bed in the morning carries a risk, but if this is the best chance of getting rid of Fenty and co. then we should take it.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
Malta_Mariner_90
August 3, 2019, 7:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from rancido

Didn't the Glaziers buy Manure with loans?

True, if only any lending institution would just realise the profits Grimsby would make post Fenty!

They would be queuing at the door to lend Shutes the money!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
mimma
August 3, 2019, 7:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Loans to buy a club with a billion pound turnover and was rising.

Might be a bit different when buying a club with a £10,000 turnover!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
Ipswin
August 3, 2019, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I got absolutely slated weeks ago when I suggested Shutes hadn't got a pot to urine in and then again when I suggested he needed to have money to invest in the team not just buying Fenty out and finally when I said that it appeared more and more that he might be having difficulties finding others to come in and finance / fund the deal.

Still hope I'm wrong on all three but it's looking increasingly like Shutes guaranteeing the money is the problem and if there is any doubt whatsoever I hope Fenty kills the deal, too many clubs have been bought out / taken over by those bearing nowt but promises and have quickly found themselves up excrement street.

The danger is I suppose that Shutes (and his unknown contacts) put up enough to satisfy / pay off Fenty and then there's nowt else cash wise. Fenty wouldn't sell us out just to get his money, would he?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2019, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin
I got absolutely slated weeks ago when I suggested Shutes hadn't got a pot to urine in and then again when I suggested he needed to have money to invest in the team not just buying Fenty out and finally when I said that it appeared more and more that he might be having difficulties finding others to come in and finance / fund the deal.

Still hope I'm wrong on all three but it's looking increasingly like Shutes guaranteeing the money is the problem and if there is any doubt whatsoever I hope Fenty kills the deal, too many clubs have been bought out / taken over by those bearing nowt but promises and have quickly found themselves up excrement street.

The danger is I suppose that Shutes (and his unknown contacts) put up enough to satisfy / pay off Fenty and then there's nowt else cash wise. Fenty wouldn't sell us out just to get his money, would he?

Its probably that the price is too high. Nobody is going to pay Fenty what he thinks he is owed  after 18 years of failure.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
Malta_Mariner_90
August 3, 2019, 7:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796

Its probably that the price is too high. Nobody is going to pay Fenty what he thinks he is owed  after 18 years of failure.

Problem is he does not think he has failed in any way far from it in fact.

The fact that Nick Dale keeps his job after the club incurred a 15k fine after the Port Vale incident tells you all you need to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2019, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Problem is he does not think he has failed in any way far from it in fact.

The fact that Nick Dale keeps his job after the club incurred a 15k fine after the Port Vale incident tells you all you need to know.

Not only that he said Dale had done a wonderful job with the stadium as anyone would see when they looked around, or words to that effect.

This is the trouble with Fenty - his ambition is zero. I know interviews don't win football matches but Mr. Fenty is a terrible advert for the club. Todays interview was just a mish mash of sound bites and cliches. It is a good job it is John Tondeur not Andrew Neil doing the interview.

The club captain and longest serving player had "hauled the club over the coals" according to Mr. Fenty's reading of the contract talks. It beggars belief that he should say such a thing.

Anyway, at this moment in time, quite frankly, at the end of the day, what can we do about it but wait till we have new owners?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
HertsGTFC
August 3, 2019, 9:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
You’d think he’d have learned to keep his gob shut by now, especially after a long record of gaffs.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty interview today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.