10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
CodHeadMentality
August 6, 2019, 4:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -14
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
But to be fair from what has been revealed thus far this is what JF’s stance has been throughout and he has never disclosed sale was imminent. Believe he was interviewed Christmas time (?) and he said at that time there had been interest but he had never been satisfied funding was available.

Was told all about the new ground and getting approval for that but why is a mystery to me for all the reasons about paying for the stadium that have been raised on this forum.

Fenty has been waiting on proof of funds from the beginning. Shutes has declined to provide this so the question is why if he has genuine interest in investing in our great club?

Fair play to Fenty who gets plenty of stick from us is not just selling to bail out but is genuinely looking after the clubs best interests by wanting an investor who has ambitions to grow the club not asset strip it. Come on Shutes, put your money where your mouth is!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 97
TheRealJohnLewis
August 6, 2019, 4:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
If I was a betting man I'd say this was Fenty just being difficult and expecting the world, and not really wanting to give up his train set.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 97
Bigdog
August 6, 2019, 4:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from CodHeadMentality

Fenty has been waiting on proof of funds from the beginning. Shutes has declined to provide this so the question is why if he has genuine interest in investing in our great club?

Fair play to Fenty who gets plenty of stick from us is not just selling to bail out but is genuinely looking after the clubs best interests by wanting an investor who has ambitions to grow the club not asset strip it. Come on Shutes, put your money where your mouth is!

Some big assumptions there seen as though JF only stated he was waiting for proof of funds if the club took a downturn. Lots of factors could be in play and JF can be economical with exact truths on occasions to suit his own agenda.

And as for being scared of someone asset stripping GTFC, we haven’t got any assets to speak of just historical debt, and if someone’s looking to sort those debts out, they should be afforded a lot more respect..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 97
TwoLeftFeet
August 6, 2019, 5:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Has it been confirmed yet if Shutes has passed the EFL fit and proper person test if the deal has got that far yet.. don't they look into the background and funds available?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 97
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2019, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from CodHeadMentality

We've been waiting on proof of improvement for God knows how long.

Regards the club's best interests, I'm not sure how six years in the non-league were in the club's best interests.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 97
RoboCod
August 6, 2019, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
If I was a betting man I'd say this was Fenty just being difficult and expecting the world, and not really wanting to give up his train set.

I'd say Team Fenty just bolstered their squad by one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 97
KingstonMariner
August 6, 2019, 5:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Has it been confirmed yet if Shutes has passed the EFL fit and proper person test if the deal has got that far yet.. don't they look into the background and funds available?

It looks like the Grim Tel’s report that he had was premature. Normally the club being sold asks the FL to conduct the test when the deal has been done (subject to the test being passed).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 97
ska face
August 6, 2019, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,620
Gold Stars: 840
Fenty’s primary concern is DEFINITELY Shutes being able to fund the ongoing success of the club, and not getting his £2.5m loans back, no siree!

If Shutes offered him £2.5m cash tomorrow he’d be out of here quicker than you can say “devalued product”.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 97
KingstonMariner
August 6, 2019, 5:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What I’d like to know about Shutes is, if someone scratched his car, would he feel it important to tell a meeting with supporters  what the car cost him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 97
headingly_mariner
August 6, 2019, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face
Fenty’s primary concern is DEFINITELY Shutes being able to fund the ongoing success of the club, and not getting his £2.5m loans back, no siree!

If Shutes offered him £2.5m cash tomorrow he’d be out of here quicker than you can say “devalued product”.

This! It’s not an ethical stance it’s about money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty interview today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.