Cricklewoodmariner
August 3, 2019, 11:20pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Nick Dale isn’t losing his job, stadium has improved substantially under his tenure. Takeover still possible but no proof of funds. This raises a simple question- when you’re selling something, isn’t proof of funds one of the first things you check?

Disappointing but then again we are used to it with Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 97
RichMariner
August 4, 2019, 12:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Shame Fenty had to say that. The guy has no filter. He lacks emotion and is totally driven by money.

He also doesn't have much of a memory because, if mine's correct, he hauled poor old John McDermott over the coals to get him playing for pretty much nothing when he'd achieved legendary status.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 97
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 6:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56

Its probably that the price is too high. Nobody is going to pay Fenty what he thinks he is owed  after 18 years of failure.

If he hasn`t got enough to part with 2-3M maximum to buy the Club then he probably isn`t what we need unless he has loads of other investors?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 97
August 4, 2019, 7:04am
Guest User
So what is the big hold up with the Takeover???

Is Shutes messing around??
Is it Fenty putting unreasonable conditions in place? (Lifetime director, 100% everything he has ever put in, Statue outside the new ground

From the outside, it certainly doesn’t look likely anymore!!

GTFC, probs me wrong, PLEASE!!!!

UTM
Reply: 33 - 97
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 7:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1542
So what is the big hold up with the Takeover???

Is Shutes messing around??
Is it Fenty putting unreasonable conditions in place? (Lifetime director, 100% everything he has ever put in, Statue outside the new ground

From the outside, it certainly doesn’t look likely anymore!!

GTFC, probs me wrong, PLEASE!!!!

UTM

I would imagine it`s like you say a bit of allsorts but for the good of the Club the last week has served as a timely reminder why we need rid of Fenty and I wish more had voted with there feet regards Season tickets. FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 97
rancido
August 4, 2019, 7:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I would imagine it`s like you say a bit of allsorts but for the good of the Club the last week has served as a timely reminder why we need rid of Fenty and I wish more had voted with there feet regards Season tickets. FENTY OUT

Of course it could be argued that the fewer season tickets are sold would make he club less attractive to a future investor. It's ok some fans seeing this as a means of forcing the issue but future buyers/investors just look at balance sheets.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 97
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2019, 8:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
If only we did do all of our PR on the pitch  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 97
RoboCod
August 4, 2019, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Something along the lines of “he hauled us over the coals over an extension “ - just another cliche in four and a half minutes of cliches.

My thoughts exactly. A cliche in every sentence. He sounds bored and churlish, the countdown to Fexit goes on and my celebratory bottle remains on ice.
Can't come quickly enough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 97
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Of course it could be argued that the fewer season tickets are sold would make he club less attractive to a future investor. It's ok some fans seeing this as a means of forcing the issue but future buyers/investors just look at balance sheets.

Well then they will be no better than the current owner that`s what he does . Whilst Fenty has many faults he has done a great job in regards to the budget and staying within means my main gripe in regards to that is he constantly fails to recognise the need for change which would increase gates. As a fan I dont see what else I can do to show my dissatisfaction with him and his regime I don`t like the idea of protests at games which would affect the players so a drop in ST sales will send him a message alright.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 97
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 9:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If only we did do all of our PR on the pitch  

Aye if only.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty interview today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.