10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
August 4, 2019, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Just listened to the full interview on JT's Twitter. Yes, the 'hauling over the coals' is an odd expression but who thinks that Macca would be shy of demanding an upgrade after his contribution last year? Senior players with families value security as much as cash.

Cliches are the norm for sports interviews. On the way back I listened to a Radio Lancs. interview with a Bury fan who had gone to the ground yesterday for 3.00 p.m. His comments about the owner were revealing. Apparently, he is an eloquent and convincing speaker but his words are not supported by his actions.

I am no Fenty fan but we have to trust his comments for what they are until events prove otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 97
Marinerz93
August 4, 2019, 10:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Since when has Fenty ever given an interview and not had a dig at anyone. He uses the media to get one over anyone who he feels has crossed him, which always comes over as crass.

As much as there needs to be proof of funding there should also be proof of handling the media and PR, Fenty has failed too many times in this regard and all media interaction should be done by the Chief Executive, instead of him making John cuppa's and sandwiches.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 97
sam gy
August 4, 2019, 10:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,467
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from RichMariner
Shame Fenty had to say that. The guy has no filter. He lacks emotion and is totally driven by money.

It’s almost as if he’s a Tory.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 97
headingly_mariner
August 4, 2019, 10:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
I think it’s worth taking many of the comments with a pinch of salt. He’s always been a confusing and clumsy speaker.
To be fair to him he was quite complimentary about McKeown and how he deserved the deal after the coals comment.

That said I think there will be more to the takeover than proof of funds. He always provides a very onesided version of the truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 97
TheRealJohnLewis
August 4, 2019, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from rancido

Of course it could be argued that the fewer season tickets are sold would make he club less attractive to a future investor. It's ok some fans seeing this as a means of forcing the issue but future buyers/investors just look at balance sheets.

I'm calling bullshit on this.  Investors do not just look at balance sheets! What about whether the company is under performing and has ton of potential to do better? Which is the case with GTFC, where there is massive potential to be better than we currently are.  If it was balance sheet alone we would be worth negative £500k.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 97
Ipswin
August 4, 2019, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Where can I read / listen to this interview please?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 97
rancido
August 4, 2019, 11:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well then they will be no better than the current owner that`s what he does . Whilst Fenty has many faults he has done a great job in regards to the budget and staying within means my main gripe in regards to that is he constantly fails to recognise the need for change which would increase gates. As a fan I dont see what else I can do to show my dissatisfaction with him and his regime I don`t like the idea of protests at games which would affect the players so a drop in ST sales will send him a message alright.

But he has the message and he wants out, that's why he is in negotiations with a prospective buyer. Like you say , he has balanced the books and kept within a budget. But by boycotting season ticket sales you are effectively reducing the budget, potentially jeopardising our league status and making us less attractive to potential buyers.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 97
ska face
August 4, 2019, 1:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,609
Gold Stars: 840
So fans should continue to hand their cash over for Fenty to p1ss it up the wall, and be treated like dirt while they do so, just to help him get his money back?

A particularly dim comment, even for you.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 97
Croxton
August 4, 2019, 1:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Ipswin
Where can I read / listen to this interview please?

/twitter.com/JohnTondeur?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

or just Google John Tondeur Twitter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 97
RichMariner
August 4, 2019, 2:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from Croxton
I am no Fenty fan but we have to trust his comments for what they are until events prove otherwise.

But this is the problem. Do you believe Fenty, or his version of events?

He claimed Hurst left because the fans drunk him off. Turns out he left because Fenty failed to back him once he got us promoted.

He sacked both Newell and Woods literally 24 hours after issuing statements to say they were going nowhere.

There’s the Fenty version and then there’s the truth. After almost two decades of his clumsy and appalling leadership, he shouldn’t really be surprised that the majority of us don’t trust a word he says.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 49 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty interview today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.