Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

This thread currently has 45,442 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2019, 12:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Got to say that things have gone way too quiet on this.

I know stuff like this takes time but I can only guess that Mr Shutes is unable to show the club that he has the funds to abate a financial shortfall. Whilst we all want the club to thrive, a lot of these plans seem to be quite fanciful. I hope I'm wrong but these things tend to happen at a greater pace than this and we were originally told that the deal could happen before the season started.
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 209
Northbank Mariner
October 8, 2019, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Got to say that things have gone way too quiet on this.

I know stuff like this takes time but I can only guess that Mr Shutes is unable to show the club that he has the funds to abate a financial shortfall. Whilst we all want the club to thrive, a lot of these plans seem to be quite fanciful. I hope I'm wrong but these things tend to happen at a greater pace than this and we were originally told that the deal could happen before the season started.

With you on this one OC...Think, personally this take over/new ground is a dead duck now...enjoyed the optimism while it lasted but back to the same old groundhog day now with the reality we are just about treading water and not moving forward in the football waters anytime soon I'm afraid..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 209
wuffing
October 8, 2019, 12:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
What has pi**ed me off is that the enrolled Freemen of Grimsby expressed their fantastic  plans/ideas for a new stadium to be at the heart of the Freeman Street regeneration, then along comes somebody else expressing a desire to build on the docks and then the result is a big fat zero. I think we've suffered enough now. Somebody ought to make up their bloody minds!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 209
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2019, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from wuffing
What has pi**ed me off is that the enrolled Freemen of Grimsby expressed their fantastic  plans/ideas for a new stadium to be at the heart of the Freeman Street regeneration, then along comes somebody else expressing a desire to build on the docks and then the result is a big fat zero. I think we've suffered enough now. Somebody ought to make up their bloody minds!

For what it's worth, I really wish the Telegraph reporter hadn't dug up the Shutes story or, alternatively, been briefed by the Shutes team. It's pretty clear that things weren't as advanced as we were led to believe.
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 209
Mrs Doyle
October 8, 2019, 3:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It makes you laugh for years the council has dragged it's feet in regards a new suitable site for GTFC.

Yet in todays telewag TWENTY NEW SITES have been added to the list of SIX sites for the fecking travellers proposed new site.

That includes the old Western School and Scafa baths sites. WTF!!!

You could not make it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 209
Mallyner
October 8, 2019, 3:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
It makes you laugh for years the council has dragged it's feet in regards a new suitable site for GTFC.

Yet in todays telewag TWENTY NEW SITES have been added to the list of SIX sites for the fecking travellers proposed new site.

I would imagine the council are looking at all the money they will be earning from the nightly site fees, the travellers will be paying.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 209
arryarryarry
October 8, 2019, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mallyner

I would imagine the council are looking at all the money they will be earning from the nightly site fees, the travellers will be paying.  

Unfortunately even if they did pay any site fees they would go to offset the cost of having to clear the excrement they leave behind
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 209
Ipswin
October 8, 2019, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I note one of the possible traveller sites is in Garibaldi Street, handy for the new stadium if they are footy fans.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 209
Poojah
October 8, 2019, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from White_shorts
The brick façade of the ice factory has some aesthetic value. It would be good if that could be incorporated into a new stadium:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/.....Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I’ve no idea in terms of feasibility but it would at least be characterful. Chelsea were looking to do something similar with Battersea Power Station:

[img]https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/22/article-2163169-13BC4295000005DC-45_964x529.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/22/article-2163169-13BC42CB000005DC-504_964x532.jpg[/img]

The Lucas Oil stadium in Indianapolis is a complete new build (I think) but is made to look like an old industrial building. Unique and a nice nod to the area’s history:

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Indianapolis-1872530.jpg/1024px-Indianapolis-1872530.jpg[/img]
[img]https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/colts/ibd3ewe3y2xphwsc6dqz[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 209
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2019, 10:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

I don't think any of those sites would be big enough for a stadium though.

I bet it won't be on the Scaffa Baffs site somehow.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.