Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 160 Guests

Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

This thread currently has 45,308 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
September 30, 2019, 7:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Chrisblor

Wishing death upon a teenager because they've tried to get everyone to notice Earth will be uninhabitable in a century if we carry on like we are is very cool! Well done you!

Oh, don’t be silly, I didn’t mean it like that. I suppose I should never have said a word, of course I don’t wish death on anyone, especially a kid, I just meant to say that she’s annoying and OTT. I chose the wrong way to say it. Apologies to those I’ve upset, I should have just said “she’s annoying”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 209
jock dock tower
September 30, 2019, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Enlighten us, then, as to why "she's annoying"  Think you're best off to stop digging....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 209
MarinerWY
September 30, 2019, 8:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LH
Personally feel we should be making use of public transport hubs, cycle parks and footways to any new stadium to discourage the use of cars for traffic and pollution reasons. We have a new industry locally in green energy and we should be embracing it and doing everything we can as a town to be as green as possible. We are a small place and I don’t think anywhere in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is anything more than about 45 mins at a leisurely pace on a bike from the Docks/Freemo area.

100% agree. Any development built around personal car use will be outdated with expensive, defunct elements in the very near future.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 209
MarinerWY
September 30, 2019, 8:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Well that day can’t come quick enough.

You horrible illegitimate.
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 209
TownSNAFU5
September 30, 2019, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
When or if we get a new ground, in x decades in the future, we may not need to have it built on terra firma.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 209
Heisenberg
September 30, 2019, 8:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jock dock tower
Enlighten us, then, as to why "she's annoying"  Think you're best off to stop digging....

She just doesn’t seem genuine, that’s all. I shouldn’t have said a bl##dy word.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 209
arryarryarry
September 30, 2019, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MarinerWY

100% agree. Any development built around personal car use will be outdated with expensive, defunct elements in the very near future.

If you think cars are going away any time soon then  I think you are completely wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 209
Maringer
September 30, 2019, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Longer term future will be automated electric Uber (or equivalent) everywhere. Most people won't need to own a car but will instead call one when required (and, of course, you could book one for holidays and so forth). The cars will trundle off to charge themselves as required, possibly with a range extender used (at extra cost) where necessary. If people want to actually keep a car themselves, they can do, but it will cost them more.

The automation/software is almost there now, just the battery tech to follow. It will be perfectly possible in a decade though won't be the norm for a couple of decades or more, I'd have thought.

The authoritarian countries will implement it first, everyone else will follow, though much later.

Hopefully, they'll be powered by nuclear generated power and not the wind plus lots of gas mix which has been pushed by the oil companies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 209
The Yard Dog
September 30, 2019, 9:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from LH
Personally feel we should be making use of public transport hubs, cycle parks and footways to any new stadium to discourage the use of cars for traffic and pollution reasons. We have a new industry locally in green energy and we should be embracing it and doing everything we can as a town to be as green as possible. We are a small place and I don’t think anywhere in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is anything more than about 45 mins at a leisurely pace on a bike from the Docks/Freemo area.

Not all green energy is GREEN or safer than CO2 have you heard of SF6 gas

Applications
SF6 finds application in the following areas, though some of these areas are now being covered by other gases:

* Production of electrical equipment (Utilities (use of electrical equipment - refilling, leakages compensation, accidents; use in accelerators for scientific and/or military purposes)

* Adiabatic properties applications, notably in tennis balls, shoe soles and in truck tyres.

* Electronics industry – SF6 is used by the semiconductor industry for plasma etching prior to Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).

And the downside…
Its applications aside, SF6 is a highly potent greenhouse gas. It has a global warming potential (GWP) 23,900 times greater than that of CO2 and an atmospheric life of 3,200 years.

As recently as 2002, industry released 600 metric tons of SF6 into the atmosphere – the equivalent of 3,103,896 passenger cars driven for a year, or the burning of 72,866 railcars of coal.

SF6 is also a product that presents a double-edged sword. Indispensable for the safe transmission of electrical power, yet due to its global warming potential, it represents a longer-term problem if used carelessly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 209
MarinerWY
September 30, 2019, 9:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Not all green energy is GREEN or safer than CO2 have you heard of SF6 gas

Applications
SF6 finds application in the following areas, though some of these areas are now being covered by other gases:

* Production of electrical equipment (Utilities (use of electrical equipment - refilling, leakages compensation, accidents; use in accelerators for scientific and/or military purposes)

* Adiabatic properties applications, notably in tennis balls, shoe soles and in truck tyres.

* Electronics industry – SF6 is used by the semiconductor industry for plasma etching prior to Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD).

And the downside…
Its applications aside, SF6 is a highly potent greenhouse gas. It has a global warming potential (GWP) 23,900 times greater than that of CO2 and an atmospheric life of 3,200 years.

As recently as 2002, industry released 600 metric tons of SF6 into the atmosphere – the equivalent of 3,103,896 passenger cars driven for a year, or the burning of 72,866 railcars of coal.

SF6 is also a product that presents a double-edged sword. Indispensable for the safe transmission of electrical power, yet due to its global warming potential, it represents a longer-term problem if used carelessly.

Interesting, SF6 is a greenhouse gas and one of the Kyoto agreements substances that needs to be reduced, and from what I can tell is  used in electric grids wherever their power source ... there is also folk pushing for it banned in the EU by 2020. Surely it's not synonymous with green industries (or doesnt have to be)?

Found this link interesting:
https://energypost.eu/why-the-eu-should-ban-sf6/

Private Message
Reply: 179 - 209
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.