15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
May 16, 2019, 8:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Depressing stuff . We all knew about Newells antics . But never knew the extent to which the players were taking the urine . Instead of throwing advertising boards at the police we should’ve been down the tunnel and pulled the main culprits out onto burtons pitch for a kicking

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 147
fishboyUTM
May 16, 2019, 8:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
What an absolute male masturbator, a no mark footballer who I hope falls off a cliff to his death. The pain he and his excuse for team mates put people I've known for decades through, people who have this club in their hearts. The states I saw them in at Burton, grown men, myself included in tears and inconsolable. Six years of disgrace, from which we are still feeling the after effects. Our club is now a much smaller club than the one they destroyed. Newell was an sharp object of the highest order, Linwood? I'd forgotten the excrement illegitimate, Sweeney? Only confirms what was generally known about him. He should have played Championship football all his career and retired to his castle. I hope the illegitimate is packing fish fingers for an agency for minimum wage, I'm fuming and wish nothing but the worse of luck on all the illegitimate waste of spaces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 147
KingstonMariner
May 16, 2019, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Arseholesthe lot of em.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 147
Kris2
May 16, 2019, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Meza

Well he's making up for it now as he's always out.  He's been seeing my sister.  Although she claims we are just friends.  

Well he's not a footballer anymore so I guess he's off the fitness stuff. Dunno what he does these days not ran into him in ages.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 147
arryarryarry
May 17, 2019, 1:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from bradzmilne

I don’t think anyone (Woods included) had any idea of what we had to expect when we went down to the conference.

Looking at our team the game we played in our first non-league game:

Arthur, Watt, Ridley, Kempson, Hudson, Bore, Leary, Wood (Eagle 58 ), Peacock, Coulson, Connell (Dixon 88 ).
Subs Not Used: Garner, Cummins, Samuels.

There’s a few decent players there. Just never really had any creativity from centre midfield or a striker to play alongside Connell. I’m slightly surprised that team didn’t perform better than it did.

There is also some excrement in that team. Lee flipping Ridley one of the worst players I have seen in 50 odd years.

Some are getting a bit gooey eyed about Woods but he signed Serge Makofo and gave the clown a 3 year contract and he also took us to our lowest league position in our history..
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 147
arryarryarry
May 17, 2019, 1:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,940
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from marinerdazza
Well I’ve just listened and although I’m not massively surprised, it is incredible to have it confirmed.

I feel so sorry for Woods. He should never have been put in that position. flipping obvious we’d go down. Massive failure in due diligence in?appointing that clown Newell in the first place and an even bigger one expecting Woods to sort it out. I’d have taken a flipping flamethrower to those useless illegitimates.

He accepted the position and I find it very hard to believe that he didn't have a clue about how the first team squad were under Newell, he was part of the running of GTFC for 6 years prior to taking over as manager.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 147
bradzmilne
May 17, 2019, 1:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,359
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

There is also some excrement in that team. Lee flipping Ridley one of the worst players I have seen in 50 odd years.

Some are getting a bit gooey eyed about Woods but he signed Serge Makofo and gave the clown a 3 year contract and he also took us to our lowest league position in our history..

Lee Ridley wasn’t that bad first season.  It was the second season he seemingly turned to mush. Away at York, I’m not sure if it was Ashley Chambers? I’ve never seen a winger have a field day like it.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 147
Freemoash88
May 17, 2019, 5:18am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
If you got to paul Linwood LinkedIn his numbdr and emails on there if you fancy telling the sharp object what you think!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 147
Dan
May 17, 2019, 9:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from devs
His claim of 15 pints a session might be to impress his 'Alpha Male' mates on the interview

At the time, there were rumours going round that certain players were known for...powdering their nose. 15 pints and out till 5am with training at 9...well I can believe it.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 147
diehardmariner
May 17, 2019, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Just highlights the absolute impossible job Woods had on his hands.

Side in Newell's last game:

Colgan, Bore, Bennett, Linwood, Wood, Forbes, Shahin, Mendy, Sweeney, Akpro, Magennis.

Side in the final game that season, less than 7 months later:

Colgan, Bore, Widdowson, Atkinson, Lancashire, Coulson, Devitt, Sinclair, Hudson, Akpro, Peacock.

3 players.  Colgan, Bore and Akpro.

That's a wholesale change that was required during a season whilst you're fighting a relegation battle.  Woods did bloody well to take it to the final day!  
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 147
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Linwood Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.