January 15, 2020, 12:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,958
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid

[/b]
yeah coz a man shitting in a bath whilst another mans in it is absolutely flipping hilarious...…...
i'd never give personal abuse out online but I understand in this case whilst its been done, linwood and the rest took the urine out of us all  

I never said I found it hilarious, so please don't put words into my mouth. What it shows (as does the c0ck conkers at Fleetwood) the sort of things that really go on inside a club. I just think it's very interesting- the things that go on in changing rooms that would get you sacked and put on a register if you did them in the real world.

And no they didn't take the urine out of us. They simply drunk away their careers. Most of the senior players had already done so at a higher level. It's hardly surprising they carried on the same at GTFC when we had Newell and Stein in charge.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 120 - 147
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2020, 12:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Even though he was/is being breathtakingly arrogant about taking the urine out of fans who regularly shell out 100's of pounds a year to keep him in lager?

The participants in that podcast all drink heavily before and during it being recorded don't they? Hardly surprising some of the people who appear don't necessarily cover themselves in glory.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 147
toontown
January 15, 2020, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
I think by promoting his behaviour online thru the podcast people are entitled to give their opinion to it online in return. Many of those opinions are likely to be found disagreeable by Linwood. Tough excrement. If you don't like people giving you stick online then don't go online telling tales of how you took the urine out of them and find it funny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 147
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 15, 2020, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
If the manager isn't strong enough to deal with situations that happen with players such as the examples above, then what are they doing in charge in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and maybe, woods should've got rid of them all when it started. If not all, then maybe string rid of one or two may have been a catalyst for the players to sort themselves out and probably, got some respect from the players.

Newell, Linwood and the rest of them can fu(k off back into their holes and never clamber out again. They should've been privalaged to play for the club not gone on the razz. I couldn't give a sh1t if they get offended with the abuse.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 147
jamesgtfc
January 15, 2020, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The participants in that podcast all drink heavily before and during it being recorded don't they? Hardly surprising some of the people who appear don't necessarily cover themselves in glory.

I hope any pensioners were all kept well away from John Welsh when he appeared on the podcast.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 147
Northbank Mariner
January 15, 2020, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Linwood, Newell and all the merry men stole a living from GTFC...and if someone stole a living off me I'd quite happily lambast them in public and online and expect others with morals and principles to join in..
So to Golly...stop trying to sound like you want to live in a nanny state..the man deserves all the dogs abuse he gets after the disrespect he has shown this club and the paying public/fans..
If you think it's acceptable that a man who kicked an old lass at a bus stop just because she didn't know who he was deserves airtime to tell his funnies then shame on you, not everything in this world is pink and fluffy I'm afraid!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 147
sam gy
January 15, 2020, 1:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
If the manager isn't strong enough to deal with situations that happen with players such as the examples above, then what are they doing in charge in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and maybe, woods should've got rid of them all when it started. If not all, then maybe string rid of one or two may have been a catalyst for the players to sort themselves out and probably, got some respect from the players.

Newell, Linwood and the rest of them can fu(k off back into their holes and never clamber out again. They should've been privalaged to play for the club not gone on the razz. I couldn't give a sh1t if they get offended with the abuse.

I think to be fair to Woods, he off loaded as many players as he could when he took over or in the January. Obviously his hands were pretty tied though, imagine most of the seasons budget was blown already.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 147
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2020, 1:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Linwood, Newell and all the merry men stole a living from GTFC...and if someone stole a living off me I'd quite happily lambast them in public and online and expect others with morals and principles to join in..
So to Golly...stop trying to sound like you want to live in a nanny state..the man deserves all the dogs abuse he gets after the disrespect he has shown this club and the paying public/fans..
If you think it's acceptable that a man who kicked an old lass at a bus stop just because she didn't know who he was deserves airtime to tell his funnies then shame on you, not everything in this world is pink and fluffy I'm afraid!..

Nanny state & pink and fluffy my @rse. Typical of the modern attitude where everything is either black or white and has to be at one extreme or the other.

And re: John Welsh he was tried in a court of law. The matter has been dealt with. Would I talk to him if I bumped into him? No, Would I go up to him and abuse him? No. That doesn't mean I give a damn about him and his feelings. It's because decent human beings do not abuse other human beings. Anybody who has or condones sending personal abuse to Linwood, Welsh or whoever is not a decent human being in my opinion and is in no place to lecture anyone on other people's shortcomings.

Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 127 - 147
Northbank Mariner
January 15, 2020, 2:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Nanny state & pink and fluffy my @rse. Typical of the modern attitude where everything is either black or white and has to be at one extreme or the other.

And re: John Welsh he was tried in a court of law. The matter has been dealt with. Would I talk to him if I bumped into him? No, Would I go up to him and abuse him? No. That doesn't mean I give a damn about him and his feelings. It's because decent human beings do not abuse other human beings. Anybody who has or condones sending personal abuse to Linwood, Welsh or whoever is not a decent human being in my opinion and is in no place to lecture anyone on other people's shortcomings.

I've don't give 2 sh!ts about the man's feelings, next you'll be saying Peter Sutcliffe should've been given a cuddle and told "there, there, there, just because you killed 13 prostitute's we'll respect your feelings"...
Treat people how you wanted to be treated, with respect and you will get it back, be an ar£ehole and accept the flack that comes with that attitude...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 147
Kris2
January 15, 2020, 2:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Like none of the lot on here ever slacked off at work or played a few pranks in their time. As for Welsh, he got into a scuffle with a couple of butch lesbians and didn't use his best judgement and he's now been punished for it. She was 57, not even particularly old and probably gave as good as she got but came off far worse. Did you also constantly criticise Jolley for not using his best judgement and being a sex offender? I doubt it.

It's kind of funny when people act like they have forever been upstanding members of society and never once turned up to work drunk and stoned or did stuff for a laugh. Half you felicitations were probably riding your scooters to skip work and do a shitload of drugs and listen to ska instead.  
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 147
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Linwood Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.