Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 270 Guests

Fenty Out

This thread currently has 43,743 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy_fishtails
April 25, 2019, 12:49pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You ok John?

Not sure how many times I have to state that I am not John. JF. JSF. John Fenty or Fenty or any other names you may call him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 298
rancido
April 25, 2019, 12:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face
Give over with the self-pitying victim routine. Facts are facts,  there in black & white. The loans increased to cover losses not offset by increased income. If someone ran a business that ended up losing, on average, £3k a week for ten years and did virtually nothing to address this by increasing income, there’s a problem there.

You won't let it lie because we have different views and it's got nothing to do with "self-pitying victim" because I am certainly not a victim of anything n this thread or any other. ps and you still had no answer or speculative thoughts on our situation if JF had not stepped in all those years ago!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 298
rancido
April 25, 2019, 12:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

benign
/bɪˈnʌɪn/
adjective
gentle and kind.

How can anybody consider Fenty's loan to be either gentle or kind? It's a noose around the neck of the football club.

GTFC is a company than can barely break-even with a crumbling old ground that isn't fit for purpose and ageing and obsolete systems and business techniques.

Anyone with ambition who wanted to take the football over would be faced with servicing a "benign" debt of £1.8m as well as having to purchase shares. Technically the club is valued at £2,275,300. Obviously it's worth no where near that amount in it's current condition.

So a new owner faces:-
Paying more for the club than it's worth.
Having an obsolete stadium, infrustrature, systems and business method to deal with and rectify.
Would be buying a club with a huge unserviceable loan which 100% would need repaying.

Did I not say the loan was like "The Sword of Damocles" hanging over the club or did you just choose to ignore that. According to the OED benign can also mean not harmful and that could describe  a loan that is interest free and with no immediate recall.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 298
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2019, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,253
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
You lot are up a F'ing tree. Same sh1t different thread. How on earth do you think you all be able to come to a decision on a sale of a player or running of the club. Who would keep the bank balance afloat? Who's going to be responsible for keeping club in the black? Who's going to represent the club? Give your heads a wobble and get back in the real world!!

Well excuse me for stating the obvious but the current 16 year regime has hardly got an A star on its track record, has it?
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 298
rancido
April 25, 2019, 12:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You ok John?

The usual childish response to somebody who doesn't subscribe to the followers of posters totally opposed to JF.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 298
rancido
April 25, 2019, 1:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well excuse me for stating the obvious but the current 16 year regime has hardly got an A star on its track record, has it?

Agreed but you still haven't answered some of the questions the poster asked?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 298
MuddyWaters
April 25, 2019, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,253
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Agreed but you still haven't answered some of the questions the poster asked?

Newport seem to be managing OK.
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 298
GollyGTFC
April 25, 2019, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,964
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Not sure how many times I have to state that I am not John. JF. JSF. John Fenty or Fenty or any other names you may call him.

His brother?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 237 - 298
Fishy_fishtails
April 25, 2019, 1:15pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from GollyGTFC

His brother?

Nope. Not one of those either. Sorry to disappoint. Just a follower of the Mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 298
1mickylyons
April 25, 2019, 1:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

In theory, that might be true, but in reality it's not at all. You can't just buy new shares in a company, the company will have a share issue as a method of fundraising. As the major shareholder, surely he would  be able to stop somebody forcibly taking control by buying only new shares by limiting the number of shares made available. In that case, you'd have to buy shares from other shareholders and not reduce his loans as much, so require more money to match the loans and gain parity. Again, converting any loans into shares isn't necessarily possible.

The problem then becomes that Fenty isn't going to cover the losses for bad decisions made by somebody else, so you end up in the same position as before where assets would have to be sold unless somebody else is going to fund the gap. So you need even more money.

Fan ownership is a nice idea, and it might be worth setting up a fundraising site to actually try and raise enough capital to buy the club and have enough reserves to demonstrate an ability to cover losses if they were to happen. But it isn't going to be the trust and the people who bang this drum the hardest seem more interested in moaning about the current situation than actually trying to impart a change.

I think in all honesty weve all just had enough and I include Fenty in that . It`s an impasse and only a huge shift of direction will bring about change.On a personal note I cling to the hope a new ground will save us long term but I don`t have anything to back that up in terms of why .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 298
30 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.