Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Fenty Out

This thread currently has 43,392 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 20, 2019, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
We can talk about this till we’re blue in the face but there’s absolutely no hope till one man swallows his pride and accepts that there’s no prospect of winning over an increasingly cynical fan base. The John Fenty regime is past it, and was a long time ago.

A board made up of retired old fogeys with little or no grasp of real feelings for what gets the fans going, an increased dependence on fan loyalty rather than quality of product and a seemingly decreasing pot to iss in.

The fans are GTFC, Mr Fenty, not you or your nodding yay sayers. You’ve lost the fans and you’ve lost the club.
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 298
Stadium
April 20, 2019, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We can talk about this till we’re blue in the face but there’s absolutely no hope till one man swallows his pride and accepts that there’s no prospect of winning over an increasingly cynical fan base. The John Fenty regime is past it, and was a long time ago.

A board made up of retired old fogeys with little or no grasp of real feelings for what gets the fans going, an increased dependence on fan loyalty rather than quality of product and a seemingly decreasing pot to iss in.

The fans are GTFC, Mr Fenty, not you or your nodding yay sayers. You’ve lost the fans and you’ve lost the club.

Nice speech but nothing new to what we already know and has been discussed numerous times.
The question is what is the way forward or action required to facilitate change??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 298
Bigdog
April 20, 2019, 7:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from bluerose13x
Ignoring the 6 years we spent as tinpot, 12 of the last 13 Football League seasons we've finished, or going to finish, in the bottom half of the League table. I make it 7 out of 13 that we've finished in the bottom quarter.

Is that success or failure?

Name any single part of GTFC that hasn't been reduced to tinpot over the past two decades other than maybe the matchday programme?

We are a laughing stock and a football club that sadly very few people in the football industry respect anymore..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 298
Northbank Mariner
April 20, 2019, 7:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Bigdog

Name any single part of GTFC that hasn't been reduced to tinpot over the past two decades other than maybe the matchday programme?

We are a laughing stock and a football club that very few people in the football industry respect anymore..

Even the programme is tin pot....at least before it had proper photos rather drawings done by a primary school kid!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 298
The Boys Paddock
April 21, 2019, 1:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from Bigdog

We are a laughing stock and a football club that sadly very few people in the football industry respect anymore..

What a load of crap, we aint very good I'll give you that, but laughing stock? Behave...oh and the sticker album was ace
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 298
KingstonMariner
April 22, 2019, 9:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

What a load of crap, we aint very good I'll give you that, but laughing stock? Behave...oh and the sticker album was ace

I love satire like this

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 298
1mickylyons
April 23, 2019, 7:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from rancido

So what playing budget will JF give MJ next season. You are obviously in the know so please enlighten us ?

A poor one same as every other Season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 298
1mickylyons
April 23, 2019, 7:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire
We had pretty much the same conversation this time last year, and nothing has changed:

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1523203521/s-110/

And nothing will change until he is somehow forced out.  

Sadly it`s my opinion now that only a boycott of Season tickets will force him out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 298
1mickylyons
April 23, 2019, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I totally agree but who ? I want this current Board to go as much as you but where are these mythical investors that are so interested in coming to the club? There is a general consensus on here to JF's presence is putting off possible investors but JF has clearly stated he wants out so that surely can't be an obstacle. If there is so much potential to have a successful league team here then surely even paying JF his " benign loan " would be a small price to pay for a current Football League team? Admittedly I'm no financial expert but surely the potential that is talked about greatly exceeds the cost of someone ( or consortium ) buying out JF completely , shares and all.

His mismanagement cost us 6 years in non league in monetary terms that had to be at least £3M . If he is the massive fan he claims and if someobody comes forward he should write off his benign loans which he says he already has in his head. The sad reality is there is no mythical figure wanting to buy the Club with or without JF involved at present . We have a rapidly ageing and fast dwindling support base if nothing changes their will be nothing at all left this Club is in a massive tailspin once again and the blame once again rests with Mr Fenty. HE MUST GO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 298
malkamalka
April 23, 2019, 5:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Always the same. Plenty of Whingers. "Sack the Board" "Fenty Out"...

So buy him out then, there's enough of you constantly carping.

If it wasn't for Fenty, GTFC would have folded long ago.

And I'm no fan of him either!  

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 298
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.