Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Fenty Out

This thread currently has 43,670 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
April 24, 2019, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from crusty ole pie

If only it was that simple any large issues of shares needs to have approval of the current board of directors and they would hardly vote for something that would undermine their position,

in the words of Capt Mainwairing... "  i was just waiting to see who spotted that, well done " .  

So John...i can buy the entity of the , club pay off all your loans and take total control for around 3-4 mill....or if you would just release a bucket load more of shares i could buy them and takeover for half the price...what do you say then eh ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 298
SomeSanity
April 24, 2019, 6:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
It doesn’t really matter who owns the club it’ll be the same lot running the club day to day that has been for the last 20 years.

Like everyone else I think JF should either sh*t or get off the pot, but the whole situation is bigger than that.

The whole club is rotten to the core. From the directors to the office staff, if any of the old guard wanted what was best for the club they would fu*k off so the club can hire people with the relevant skills required for a modern day football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 298
crusty ole pie
April 24, 2019, 6:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from moosey_club

in the words of Capt Mainwairing... "  i was just waiting to see who spotted that, well done " .  

So John...i can buy the entity of the , club pay off all your loans and take total control for around 3-4 mill....or if you would just release a bucket load more of shares i could buy them and takeover for half the price...what do you say then eh ??

Arrr but wait he would not object to someone buying 51% then under company rules they would be obliged to buy the other 49% hence allowing mr Parker to put money into the club by buying shares and not benign loans

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 298
lew chaterleys lover
April 24, 2019, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from SomeSanity
It doesn’t really matter who owns the club it’ll be the same lot running the club day to day that has been for the last 20 years.

Like everyone else I think JF should either sh*t or get off the pot, but the whole situation is bigger than that.

The whole club is rotten to the core. From the directors to the office staff, if any of the old guard wanted what was best for the club they would fu*k off so the club can hire people with the relevant skills required for a modern day football club.

That is true, sadly.

I do have some sympathy for those working for a regime that so underperforms - it must be very dispiriting. A fish rotting from the head comes to mind.
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 298
MuddyWaters
April 24, 2019, 9:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from SomeSanity

It can be done from a very low level. Newport County are healthier than they have been in years since a fan takeover.
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 298
KingstonMariner
April 25, 2019, 12:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza
Could us fans buy shares? And how many would we need to gain the majority?

We can. See Golly's post for the numbers needed.

If I remember correctly, the Trust owns about 22%, so the fans as a body* already do own a substantial chunk of the club.

* apart from individual fans who own, usually, small amounts.

If you want to see the fans gaining a majority, the best way is to join the Trust and lobby for it to happen - the current Trust board doesn't have the appetite or doesn't think members have the appetite for it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 298
1mickylyons
April 25, 2019, 6:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from rancido

I agree with what you say but when you consider a lot of posters on here think even our present ST is too expensive then I'm sure it would be difficult to co_ordinate what you propose.

Likewise I agree they would never all part with the extra money and I never proposed anything though I would love to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 298
1mickylyons
April 25, 2019, 6:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If I remember correctly, the Trust owns about 22%, so the fans as a body* already do own a substantial chunk of the club.

If you want to see the fans gaining a majority, the best way is to join the Trust and lobby for it to happen - the current Trust board doesn't have the appetite or doesn't think members have the appetite for it.

Sadly the current Trust are not the answer either they are really good people with the best interests of GTFC and it`s fan`s at heart . Crucially in my opinion they don`t have the stomach for the conflict which again sadly is long overdue to put things right here with this Club.The Trust badly need an injection of people who won`t simply put up with the BS and spin and total lack of enthusiasm to change anything that resonates from Blundell Park . Doubtful the Trust see things the same and so on and on we go.................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 298
pizzzza
April 25, 2019, 6:41am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137

Indeed, that is a fair chunk of shares. I wonder how the %s of ownership between Trust, JF, etc. would look if the Trust hadn't made the ridiculous decision to gift those shares to Fenty?
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 298
Meza
April 25, 2019, 7:28am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50

Thanks KM.  Will check out Gollys Post.  Was wondering if a lot of fans where to buy shares how many would be needed.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 298
30 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.