Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 358 Guests

Fenty Out

This thread currently has 43,720 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 26, 2019, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

No funnier than when you and several other posters always give Fenty stick!

I think there is more than several.
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 298
diehardmariner
April 26, 2019, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,591
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from golfer
Elected representation always works and always will-it enables the paying public to have their say . It is a form of democracy-a good example of this is the way BREXIT has been handled by our representatives in Parliament. But roll it on- If we have a bad winter and matches are postponed we can club together to pay wages. we can be the security at the bank for anything required. O.K. let's start by every season ticket holder chipping in with £1000..  How many of us know millionaires who will buy JSF out-come on they are 10 a penny. Everybody is coming up with suggestions but no sensible ideas-but then it's not real money because it's not ours.

We've operated like a sack of spuds for the past god knows how many years, seven of which were in the fifth tier where your income is cut off from the tiers above.  We didn't need any bailing out then.  Why would we need it in the future?  It's not a difficult business model.  To an extent there's as close as you can get to guaranteed income every summer and every second week.  There's not too many businesses that have that luxury.

With absolutely no effort at all the club can sell 2,200-2,500 season tickets.   Add another average 1,000 on the gate each home fixture.  Again doesn't matter what effort they make or how well we're doing, those bums will be on seats.  Might be more when it's nice weather, probably less when it's bitterly cold.  It levels out.  You factor your budget around those worst-case scenarios.  If the club is well run it should sell far more tickets, far more shirts, far more pies, pints, programmes...  Heck, if the club looked after its fans there's a chance more people would come and keep coming too!

This idea that Fenty is bailing us out and is safeguarding us from the abyss is ridiculous.  We're at the level we're at because of his mis-management.  The club don't owe him anything.  The money he put in was to cover the shortfall caused by his own failings.  Any suggestion that he has a valid stake in the club is outrageous in my opinion.  Even so, it's what it is.  I truly believe a fan run GTFC would have the ability to pay of John Fenty's loans at an agreed rate should he be prepared to hand it over.

In the past five years there have been countless opportunities to capitalise on genuine interest in the football club from those not already invested.  We've wasted every single one of the those opportunities under the leadership of John Fenty.  That's not a quirk or anomaly, it's a pattern.  A pattern that's based on the fact that he simply is not good enough to run this football club.  We're absolutely stagnant, dead in the water at the minute.  So much so that we're getting overtaken by far smaller clubs with less potential.  flipping Lincoln City dwarf us now! Lincoln!  This club used to have a reach right into the depths of Lincolnshire, our fan base encroached right onto their City borders.  Now they double (could sell more if they had the chance) our gates, treble our ambition and quadruple our actual output.  That's the hotbed of football that is Lincoln City, 4 seasons ago they brought 500 to Blundell Park.  How on earth do you go from that to League Two Champions, new training ground, sell-out fixtures every week?  By having someone with the ability to think beyond their own nose.  They had a bit of this fabled 'football fortune' and they capitalised on it.  

Was it luck or was it well-judged to bring the Cowley's in.  Probably a bit of both.  No-one could have predicted how well they would have done, but it was a good move.  The cup run was fortunate, I'm not denying they didn't deserve their run but it's always good luck to get a cup run.  They capitalised on that.  They built  on that new found interest.  We've had cup runs before, bloody hell we've been to Wembley more times in the last 5 years than most clubs in the league system.  Each time we've taken a minimum of 10,000 - well over half our average home gate.  How many of them did we keep hold of and are now at Blundell Park every other week?  None.  Lincoln were going for promotion and used that as a marketing drive, we were going for promotion 4 seasons running.  I don't remember  our gates shooting up, probably because the club still made you feel like a piece of crap for wanting to watch a game.  Lincoln got promoted and used their momentum to move things forward across all levels of the club.  What did we do?  Sneaked  our season ticket  prices up and told the manager he couldn't have a new fitness coach.  

The worst part of it?  All that has happened during the BEST period of  Fenty's regime.  All those epidemic failures have occurred whilst we've been doing well on the field.  Every time there's a basketcase club that's getting wound up we're told 'just think how lucky we are'.  Are we?  Yeah the likes of the Oyston family and that bloke at Bolton are exactly what you don't want at your football club.  No-one wants them.  But just because there's a few bad owners out there, it doesn't mean we have to settle for absolute failure from the current regime....does it?
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 298
chrissy
April 26, 2019, 4:13pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

The difference is KM and others that call Fenty do post regular on other threads unlike the ones who only come on here to stick up for Fenty.
Not like he needs anybody to stick up for him he is quite capable of doing that himself.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 298
TownSNAFU5
April 26, 2019, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
Diehardmariner, I totally agree with your assessments.

I hope we are not saying the same things in 5 years time.

“People that don’t learn from their mistakes are condemned to repeat them”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 298
promotion plaice
April 26, 2019, 7:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Could be worse......

"Bolton's Championship clash with Brentford on Saturday is in major doubt, after Wanderers players threatened a boycott over unpaid wages.

Now four weeks overdue, salaries for the month of March have yet to hit bank accounts, while payroll for April is just four days away.

In an official statement, posted in collaboration with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), the Trotters' first-team squad have laid out plans to no-show remaining games against Brentford and Nottingham Forest unless they receive what they are owed."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 298
Cayman_mariner
April 26, 2019, 8:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from diehardmariner

We've operated like a sack of spuds for the past god knows how many years, seven of which were in the fifth tier where your income is cut off from the tiers above.  We didn't need any bailing out then.  Why would we need it in the future?  It's not a difficult business model.  To an extent there's as close as you can get to guaranteed income every summer and every second week.  There's not too many businesses that have that luxury.

With absolutely no effort at all the club can sell 2,200-2,500 season tickets.   Add another average 1,000 on the gate each home fixture.  Again doesn't matter what effort they make or how well we're doing, those bums will be on seats.  Might be more when it's nice weather, probably less when it's bitterly cold.  It levels out.  You factor your budget around those worst-case scenarios.  If the club is well run it should sell far more tickets, far more shirts, far more pies, pints, programmes...  Heck, if the club looked after its fans there's a chance more people would come and keep coming too!

This idea that Fenty is bailing us out and is safeguarding us from the abyss is ridiculous.  We're at the level we're at because of his mis-management.  The club don't owe him anything.  The money he put in was to cover the shortfall caused by his own failings.  Any suggestion that he has a valid stake in the club is outrageous in my opinion.  Even so, it's what it is.  I truly believe a fan run GTFC would have the ability to pay of John Fenty's loans at an agreed rate should he be prepared to hand it over.

In the past five years there have been countless opportunities to capitalise on genuine interest in the football club from those not already invested.  We've wasted every single one of the those opportunities under the leadership of John Fenty.  That's not a quirk or anomaly, it's a pattern.  A pattern that's based on the fact that he simply is not good enough to run this football club.  We're absolutely stagnant, dead in the water at the minute.  So much so that we're getting overtaken by far smaller clubs with less potential.  flipping Lincoln City dwarf us now! Lincoln!  This club used to have a reach right into the depths of Lincolnshire, our fan base encroached right onto their City borders.  Now they double (could sell more if they had the chance) our gates, treble our ambition and quadruple our actual output.  That's the hotbed of football that is Lincoln City, 4 seasons ago they brought 500 to Blundell Park.  How on earth do you go from that to League Two Champions, new training ground, sell-out fixtures every week?  By having someone with the ability to think beyond their own nose.  They had a bit of this fabled 'football fortune' and they capitalised on it.  

Was it luck or was it well-judged to bring the Cowley's in.  Probably a bit of both.  No-one could have predicted how well they would have done, but it was a good move.  The cup run was fortunate, I'm not denying they didn't deserve their run but it's always good luck to get a cup run.  They capitalised on that.  They built  on that new found interest.  We've had cup runs before, bloody hell we've been to Wembley more times in the last 5 years than most clubs in the league system.  Each time we've taken a minimum of 10,000 - well over half our average home gate.  How many of them did we keep hold of and are now at Blundell Park every other week?  None.  Lincoln were going for promotion and used that as a marketing drive, we were going for promotion 4 seasons running.  I don't remember  our gates shooting up, probably because the club still made you feel like a piece of crap for wanting to watch a game.  Lincoln got promoted and used their momentum to move things forward across all levels of the club.  What did we do?  Sneaked  our season ticket  prices up and told the manager he couldn't have a new fitness coach.  

The worst part of it?  All that has happened during the BEST period of  Fenty's regime.  All those epidemic failures have occurred whilst we've been doing well on the field.  Every time there's a basketcase club that's getting wound up we're told 'just think how lucky we are'.  Are we?  Yeah the likes of the Oyston family and that bloke at Bolton are exactly what you don't want at your football club.  No-one wants them.  But just because there's a few bad owners out there, it doesn't mean we have to settle for absolute failure from the current regime....does it?

Come on Diehard, be fair - we may not have got a new fitness coach but we did get a new porta-cabin!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 298
Fishy_fishtails
April 26, 2019, 10:20pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh the wit! You're Oscar Wilde, not John Fenty after all.

😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 298
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2019, 11:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

Could be worse......

"Bolton's Championship clash with Brentford on Saturday is in major doubt, after Wanderers players threatened a boycott over unpaid wages.

Now four weeks overdue, salaries for the month of March have yet to hit bank accounts, while payroll for April is just four days away.

In an official statement, posted in collaboration with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), the Trotters' first-team squad have laid out plans to no-show remaining games against Brentford and Nottingham Forest unless they receive what they are owed."

I've highlighted the key word in that. I bet even if they went bust Bolton would still re-emerge higher up the pyramid than us.

And then look at Brentford. When we were relegated they were on their uppers, with a doubtful future. The only thing they had going for them was the piece of real estate that Griffin Park was built on.  In fact the land value was a risk to the club because any owners of the club could easily have cashed in and said 'f*ck the football, they'll have relocate to the sticks'. Good management and a Trust with ambition and they're looking at moving into their new home in the heart of their community in about a year. The land their is more valuable than BP, but then the brownfield site they're moving to is proportionately more valuable than anywhere in NEL, and labour costs are much higher.

And if you think our NIMBYs are influential, they're pushovers compared to the residents of Kew 5 minutes walk away (each house is worth more than BP!).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 298
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2019, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

And your problem with people who give Fenty stick is what? You even claim to be 'no fan of his' yourself, yet you're always quick to jump to his defence and never deign to criticise the great man. I don't think you're the neutral you clim to be.

To be fair to you, you do comment on other subjects unlike Fishytails and Penfriend.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 298
Posh Harry
April 27, 2019, 7:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from promotion plaice

Could be worse......

Bolton’s game now officially called off. Can only see serious repercussions for this one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 298
30 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.