rancido
January 24, 2019, 5:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Put your questions to the trust again and maybe just maybe one or 2 may get answered. Bring some of your business accumen to the table!! I'm not chastising nor making assumptions. I'm simply voicing my opinions like many others including yourself,  just because I'm not on the Fenty out bandwagon doesn't mean I don't care about the club or the future of it.

I think you are relatively new on here so you don't understand the general attitude and rules towards JF. If you are not against him then you must be for him. There is no neutral ground on this subject!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 108
friskneymariner
January 24, 2019, 5:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chrissy
Am I missing something I thought the loans were benign ?

Benign in whose eyes,though.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 108
Rob_in_Grimsby
January 24, 2019, 5:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from friskneymariner

Benign in whose eyes,though.

I think the term Benign in JF terms is that the loan would not be called in by him unless the club has the funds to pay them back either that be in small amounts ot the whole lump sum in one go.
I think he has put this in place after a previous director threatened to put the club in to administration if they did not get their £700k+ back which now makes up some of JF's loans

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 6:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from rancido

I think you are relatively new on here so you don't understand the general attitude and rules towards JF. If you are not against him then you must be for him. There is no neutral ground on this subject!

I think you may be right!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 108
friskneymariner
January 24, 2019, 6:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Big difference between having the funds to pay them back,and having the funds to pay them back and impacting on the playing budget.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 108
Rob_in_Grimsby
January 24, 2019, 6:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from friskneymariner
Big difference between having the funds to pay them back,and having the funds to pay them back and impacting on the playing budget.

Correct but there is no evidence to say  that the manager has not had a competitive budget, Look at Nots county who report-ably had one of the biggest budgets in the league and where they are now
I am sure MJ would have hinted something  if he had no money to bring players in at the start of the season, The likes of Hes, Cook and Welsh will not have been cheap and we have paid fees for a few players this season I am led to believe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Correct but there is no evidence to say  that the manager has not had a competitive budget, Look at Nots county who report-ably had one of the biggest budgets in the league and where they are now
I am sure MJ would have hinted something  if he had no money to bring players in at the start of the season, The likes of Hes, Cook and Welsh will not have been cheap and we have paid fees for a few players this season I am led to believe.

And two of them have hardly played
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 108
Ipswin
January 24, 2019, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And two of them have hardly played

Well that's not down to Fenty surely. Jolley's fault for once perhaps

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Well that's not down to Fenty surely. Jolley's fault for once perhaps

Agree!
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 108
denni266
January 24, 2019, 7:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
It does not matter how big the purse is  its how you spend it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.