TAGG
January 24, 2019, 8:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,997
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

All of this coming from someone who lives in Spain and doesn't attend games??
I'm not jabbing away at all!! And I do provide money to keep the club going forward. I have a season ticket. I attend 90% of away games. I've attended every home game for as long as I can remember. And I'm not John Fenty. I can, with my hand on heart, assure you that you couldn't be further from the truth. Oh and the showers do work now.

So out of that full list the showers work!!!
That just about sums up how blinkered the members of Team Fenty are.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 108
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2019, 8:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

Must admit I had to Google it but then I did fail my 11 plus  

(Obfuscation........the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.)

So I didn't mean to obfuscate.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,174
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Ipswin

We do!

Face it and the sooner you do the better. Forget the two cup semi finals and the 5th place in the first division, (that's the sort of thing I am usually accused of - see above) forget our long and 'wonderful' history and how we are Lincolnshire's best club.

Times have moved on, there is no multi million Middle Eastern conglomerate just a local self made millionaire who has already done his bit by simply keeping the club in existence.

We are where we belong, with a number of other proud historic clubs, hanging on in the middle of Div 4 with a bunch of journeymen players and a wet behind the ears manager, be thankful for that York Stockport et al would be happy to

Since Mr Fenty took over as chairman in July 2004, we’ve only finished top half in the Football League once. The way you excuse this is bewildering, there’s plenty of clubs like ours that would find that inexcusable.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 108
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2019, 8:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I think the term Benign in JF terms is that the loan would not be called in by him unless the club has the funds to pay them back either that be in small amounts ot the whole lump sum in one go.
I think he has put this in place after a previous director threatened to put the club in to administration if they did not get their £700k+ back which now makes up some of JF's loans

Hmmm. I seem to remember a director threatening to withdraw his financial guarantees if he didn't get given 1/4 million shares that another director had recently bought as part of a £1/2m investment instead of lending the club the money.

So having climbed to the moral high ground, he flung himself off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 9:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hmmm. I seem to remember a director threatening to withdraw his financial guarantees if he didn't get given 1/4 million shares that another director had recently bought as part of a £1/2m investment instead of lending the club the money.

So having climbed to the moral high ground, he flung himself off.

Some people have quite selective memories
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 108
Rob_in_Grimsby
January 24, 2019, 9:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Some people have quite selective memories

Something you have never had lol

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Something you have never had lol

When my memory goes, there’ll still be Google
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 108
Cambs Mariner
January 24, 2019, 9:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,234
I don't understand why anybody is going to attend this event. This man and his chosen few, have taken our club into non league and nearly took us back there last season. He hasn't invested money into the club for many a season now. In fact he has been taking money out of the club to pay back his supposedly benign loan when the team needs it to progress to the next level.
If there was ever a time to boycott, without it affecting the money going into the club, this is it. We all know it will be the same old questions and answers.
Don't let his narcissistic personality have the limelight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 108
goldenfish
January 24, 2019, 10:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
I’ll give him some credit for fronting it out , guess by now his skin must be quite thick .. there are worse people to have at the head of your club , and there are better .. think we just need some modernisation ... in strategies , attitudes .. too to bottom ... by no means an easy task though . I wouldn’t swap places with him ! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 108
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2019, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from goldenfish
I’ll give him some credit for fronting it out , guess by now his skin must be quite thick .. there are worse people to have at the head of your club , and there are better .. think we just need some modernisation ... in strategies , attitudes .. too to bottom ... by no means an easy task though . I wouldn’t swap places with him ! UTM

There are worse people to have at the head of your club? He has the worst record in the club’s history - how do you get worse?
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.