Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 314 Guests

Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

This thread currently has 11,986 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
January 25, 2019, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Bigdog

And just for balance.. a list of clubs currently above League Two that were of similar or lesser size (2k home attendance either way) to us 20/30 years back that "football fortune" has been kinder to over the years, let alone the list of larger clubs that we were consistently standing shoulder to shoulder with..

Accept where we are and who we are now, but on balance "football fortune" hasn't favoured us at all..

With reference to your latest lengthy list (I have deleted rather than copying it in my reply as, like your 'points against Fenty' list earlier, it goes on forever)

You are not allowed to make any mention of where clubs were '20/30 years back' on this forum, in fact I am constantly getting a bollocking for references to football past

I don't deny for a moment that 'football fortune' in the shape of luck (we used all that up under Buckley) hasn't favoured us but luck isn't Fenty's fault in fact it's the only item you didn't put on your list of his errors.

We are a mid Div 4 table whose immediate thought on opening day in August each year is getting enough points to avoid relegation, its where we are, its where we deserve to be and probably where we belong, the days of competing above our weight are over whoever is in the (non) chair

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 108
Ipswin
January 25, 2019, 2:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Hartlepool will be going mammaries up in the next 12 months. Watch this space.

Fenty's fault no doubt?

Private Message
Reply: 101 - 108
KingstonMariner
January 25, 2019, 2:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Is this a categorical fact?

It is certainly my understanding of the facts. In the deal with Fenty to make an additional investment in the club, Parker bought £1/2m worth of shares and Fenty loaned the club about the same amount. This then led to Parker having a controlling interest in the club and Fenty pointing out that under the company's articles of association, anyone who wishes to buy over 50% of the shares in the club has to offer to buy out the other shareholders since their shares. Fenty wasn't prepared to convert his loan to equity and Parker said he wasn't in a position to/prepared to buy out other shareholders, so Parker gifted the shares to the Trust. Fenty then claimed that 'control would then reside outside the boardroom' and said unless control was returned to the boardroom he would no longer provide his guarantee that any operating losses would be met. The Trust (following a vote by members to accept the deal the Trust negotiated with Fenty) agreed to give him £250,000 worth of shares in return for Fenty's continued guarantees.

So yes, Parker gave the club money in effect by buying shares, Fenty loaned the club money. Then the Trust subsidised Fenty's control by giving him some shares.

If it isn't a categorical fact someone would surely help me getmyfactsright!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 108
forza ivano
January 25, 2019, 3:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,141
Gold Stars: 265
are there still unallocated shares that the Trust could buy, via a crowdfunding exercise? Would help the club and give the trust a bit more leverage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 108
Croxton
January 25, 2019, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
I see little point in this P.R. exercise, unless:-

1.  The Trust/ Club are showcasing some meaningful initiative, consultation or powershift in the future control
      of the club.
2.  There are significant developments towards a new stadium.
3.  Someone has discovered a financial sinkhole and we are doomed. Or
4.  We are merging with Cleethorpes Town.

Anything else has the potential for toe curling PC nicey niceyness or damaging mudslinging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 108
Ipswin
January 25, 2019, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure you can quote them just yet they are only in their first season in the National League, we spent 6 years there.

Well they're not going back any time soon

Private Message
Reply: 105 - 108
Ipswin
January 25, 2019, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Croxton
I see little point in this P.R. exercise, unless:-

1.  The Trust/ Club are showcasing some meaningful initiative, consultation or powershift in the future control
      of the club.
2.  There are significant developments towards a new stadium.
3.  Someone has discovered a financial sinkhole and we are doomed. Or
4.  We are merging with Cleethorpes Town.

Anything else has the potential for toe curling PC nicey niceyness or damaging mudslinging.

Well it sure as hell won't be 1&2

3 is very possible

and 4 might be the answer to all our problems

Private Message
Reply: 106 - 108
moosey_club
January 26, 2019, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
nearly all of these events have proved of little value IMO....you get the odd snippett of backroom information but you get too many pointless questions which JF or the manager will happily answer with an honest open response but any of the burning questions or hot topics are closed out in true politician style of waffle and telling you lots of other things you werent interested in.

There really should only be a few questions/ topics on the agenda to keep it focussed ;

1. Potential buyers - is there a minimum set of requirements agreed by the board that would guarantee a sale ? If so do they include repaying the benign debt ?
2. New Ground - are the board in current constructive discussions with the local council regards a new stadium or is the club intent on seeking their own scheme with as yet unfound enabling partners ?
3. As virtually every single statement released about the potential of the PP site have not been delivered on, then is it time to admit it was ill thought and ill advised ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 108
chaos33
January 26, 2019, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Hartlepool will be going mammaries up in the next 12 months. Watch this space.

Wouldn't surprise me. I went to watch them last weekend at Harrogate and they were absolutely bl00dy awful. Really poor in every respect. They were easily beaten by a competent Harrogate team.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.