Bigdog
January 24, 2019, 2:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Oh dear. Oh dear indeed Bigdog. It seems that you think you have the answers to everything! Running a football club is not the same as running a retail outlet for example. If it all goes wrong you can't just up sticks and leave. The club is run very well behind the scenes. I'm more concerned with what's happening on the green stuff.

Inward investment zero
Progress on the new stadium zero
Extreme
Current stadium facilities poor
Current stadium upkeep poor
PR poor
Season ticket marketing poor
Outdated ticketing system
Self Select scheme poor take up
Stagnant home attendances
Falling away support
Failure to engage with exile support
Not actively searching for new investment
Hit and miss customer service
Low end League Two playing budget
Poor relationship with fanbase
Shut up
Fans are bullies Checkatrade
Slagging off the Trust
Bullying Matt Dean
FGR pitch row
Bragate
SLO
OP worst thing that's happened to the club
Backing Slade
Failure to build on positivity
Poorly worded statements and social media posts
Showers not working in changing rooms for years
Not enough toilet facilities for fans
Port Vale fiasco

Well if that's being well run behind the scenes!! A football club is much more than balancing accounts and allocating income. Look at that list of shortcomings and errors. And by a detail in your post I now know that you are indeed very close to JF if not JF himself, I'm flabbergasted if you think that the club is being well run behind the scenes and it is underlined by you saying this and points to the club sitting on its laurels, patting themselves on the back and haven't the werewithal to push our club forward. A total unacceptance, understanding or personal responsibility of what is needed for a football club in the 21st century, just bimbling along in personal comfort zones. I'm just a fan that is desperate for the club to take a step forward and by being associated with the club in some way, you should be ashamed at coming on a fan's forum and jabbing away at the people who are the ones that are providing the money to keep the club going..

I'm far less concerned about what's going on on the pitch rather than off it, even after the last four games. In fact we're nearly at the highest point in the football pyramid in all of the eighteen years of JF's tenure, which is a shocking fact in itself..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 108
promotion plaice
January 24, 2019, 2:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Will there be a Live Stream....Blog ???

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 2:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Bigdog

Inward investment zero
Progress on the new stadium zero
Current stadium facilities poor
Current stadium upkeep poor
PR poor
Season ticket marketing poor
Outdated ticketing system
Self Select scheme poor take up
Stagnant home attendances
Falling away support
Failure to engage with exile support
Not actively searching for new investment
Hit and miss customer service
Low end League Two playing budget
Poor relationship with fanbase
Shut up
Fans are bullies Checkatrade
Bullying Matt Dean
FGR pitch row
Bragate
SLO
OP worst thing that's happened to the club
Backing Slade
Failure to build on positivity
Poorly worded statements and social media posts
Showers not working in changing rooms for years
Not enough toilet facilities for fans
Port Vale fiasco

Well if that's being well run behind the scenes!! A football club is much more than balancing accounts and allocating income. Look at that list of shortcomings and errors. And by a detail in your post I now know that you are indeed very close to JF if not JF himself, I'm flabbergasted if you think that the club is being well run behind the scenes and it underlines by you saying this that the club are sitting on its laurels, patting themselves on the back and haven't the werewithal to push our club forward. A total unacceptance or understanding of what is needed for a football club in the 21st century or just bimbling along in personal comfort zones. I'm just a fan that is desperate for the club to take a step forward and by being associated with the club in some way, you should be ashamed at coming on a fan's forum and jabbing away at the people who are the ones that are providing the money to keep the club going..

I'm far less concerned about what's going on on the pitch rather than off it, even after the last four games. In fact we're nearly at the highest point in the football pyramid in all of the eighteen years of JF's tenure, which is a shocking fact in itself..

All of this coming from someone who lives in Spain and doesn't attend games??
I'm not jabbing away at all!! And I do provide money to keep the club going forward. I have a season ticket. I attend 90% of away games. I've attended every home game for as long as I can remember. And I'm not John Fenty. I can, with my hand on heart, assure you that you couldn't be further from the truth. Oh and the showers do work now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 108
Bigdog
January 24, 2019, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker

All of this coming from someone who lives in Spain and doesn't attend games??

I'm not jabbing away at all!! And I do provide money to keep the club going forward. I have a season ticket. I attend 90% of away games. I've attended every home game for as long as I can remember. And I'm not John Fenty. I can, with my hand on heart, assure you that you couldn't be further from the truth. Oh and the showers do work now.

Watch every game in Spain. I'm not wrong with that list though am I?

No, maybe not, but you can't truthfully tell me that you don't know him very closely or personally. I know that now for sure..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 2:57pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Watch every game in Spain. I'm not wrong with that list though am I?

No, maybe not, but you can't truthfully tell me that you don't know him very closely or personally. I know that now for sure..

I doubt it. Anyway, I don't live my life on here or feel the need to find out who is who on here. I'm not really all that fussed who's who. I just want GTFC to play their hearts out with pride and passion and push us as far as we can realistically go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 108
scott_gtfc_89
January 24, 2019, 2:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1

I doubt it. Anyway, I don't live my life on here or feel the need to find out who is who on here. I'm not really all that fussed who's who. I just want GTFC to play their hearts out with pride and passion and push us as far as we can realistically go.

The fact that the last question wasn’t answered says it all for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 108
Fishy_fishtails
January 24, 2019, 3:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89

The fact that the last question wasn’t answered says it all for me.

What does it matter??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 108
Bigdog
January 24, 2019, 3:08pm
Whiskey Drinker

You're a bullshittter who knows exactly who I am and you shouldn't and I'm peed off about that. Only JF should know my identity on here because out of respect for transparency he's the only one I've told in confidence in a PM. And as I only upload less than two posts a day I hardly live my life on here but any chance you can take to be condescending you'll always take it I guess. Anyway, shouldn't the club be pleased if there were ten times the amount of fans posting and caring about the club on here every day? Surely that would be better than less? You're an idiot that's got rumbled and the club and its associates should be using this forum as a source of feedback, not picking fights with its paying customers or trying to dilute their opinions..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 108
scott_gtfc_89
January 24, 2019, 3:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1

What does it matter??

It doesn’t, but anyone can see that the club is struggling at the minute, a lot is more wrong than right, JF am sure only had the best interest for the club in mind despite how it might come across but to progress we need changes whatever they be, we are falling behind to most clubs behind around us, if it wasn’t for M.J we would be back in non league, we need investment badly on and off the pitch.

Bigdogs list is spot on to the penny

But what’s done is done though I guess.

I’d happily start will proper investment in a proven striker on a long term contract, only the board can make it happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 108
buckstown
January 24, 2019, 3:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
I'm not a great fan of JSF but at the end of the day he's a town fan and one of very few who put their hands in their pockets when we were in big trouble. I think he deserves some respect as a minimum. Having said that we are entitled to ask the difficult questions courteously.
The only way I can see it not becoming an argument is by submission of questions in advance so the trust can pick the most popular questions. That way they can also filter out questions about what coffee is sold, why didn't he sack Slade earlier and other irrelevant issues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.