Ipswin
January 24, 2019, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
What's the point?

I don't know about everyone else but my point is that the list of 'Fenty's faults' is ridiculous and probably three quarters of fellow Div 4 strugglers would list the same problems

I would like Fenty to go too (whether all, or even any, of the list would be resolved remains to be seen, the toilets might improve but we ain't going to the Premiership but then most folk on here hate the Premier league clubs anyway, allegedly) but the sale of the club must be to the right people and I rely on Fenty as a genuine fan to ensure this happens and until then its a case of be careful what you wish for

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 108
ska face
January 24, 2019, 4:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from marinerjase

Absolutely nothing is gained from these events, supporters don’t get told what they want to hear, questions that they want to be answered are deflected, the clubs heirachy take umbrage at fan engagement, then there’s animosity/division exaggerated even more and the only thing positive gained from the night is more social media interaction.

There’s no reason why this kind of event can’t pass without major incident if managed properly, they don’t all turn into a slanging match as per the last one.

Half the problem in the past is with time being wasted asking the directors questions the manager should be answering & Fenty being allowed to ramble on about the standard crap.

If people really have questions they want answers to, you’ll not get a better chance than this.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 108
Bristol Mariner
January 24, 2019, 4:27pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Let’s sell this as Pay per View! Millions will watch the shambles unfold online and we’ll have enough for a new stadium. Please get Matt Dean in the audience too....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 108
friskneymariner
January 24, 2019, 4:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Only one question really ' John is the repayment of the Director's loan impacting on the playing budget?'

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 108
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2019, 4:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It's hard to get away from the feeling that it's a pointless exercise. The guy won't answer any meaningful questions. He never does*. Lots of time was wasted in the last one by Fenty and Slade picking on Matt Dean.

Corretion, never answers without obfuscation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 108
chrissy
January 24, 2019, 4:46pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Am I missing something I thought the loans were benign ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 108
promotion plaice
January 24, 2019, 5:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,077
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It's hard to get away from the feeling that it's a pointless exercise. The guy won't answer any meaningful questions. He never does*. Lots of time was wasted in the last one by Fenty and Slade picking on Matt Dean.

Corretion, never answers without obfuscation.

Must admit I had to Google it but then I did fail my 11 plus  

(Obfuscation........the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.)

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 108
Bristol Mariner
January 24, 2019, 5:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
All the ‘red cross’ friends of Fenty army are back in full force on the magnificent Fishy

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 108
denni266
January 24, 2019, 5:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Foot in mouth night it is then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 108
rancido
January 24, 2019, 5:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog
Is the open evening going to start off with a half hour Powerpoint presentation from JF outlining his fully costed masterplan for the future of GTFC? Surely it can't be too much to ask after eighteen years to get his act together? Or is he going to turn up with a list of excuses explaining how the job of bringing the club into the 21st century is way beyond his means and talents? Leave no stone unturned until new investors or a fully costed stadium plan with an opening date are announced John, everything else is just hot air and fruitless frittering around the edges of stagnation..

I thought the Powerpoint exercise was Slades' sphere of expertise.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Open evening with JSF - 19th Feb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.