thevera
September 29, 2018, 11:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Dear John
I realise you are a busy man and must have a lot on your mind at the moment so I hope this doesn’t inconvenience you too much but I have something on my mind that is bothering me.
It is regarding the football club we both love so much. I don’t need to tell you that the Morecambe game was another disappointing day at Blundell Park, one that we are all too familiar with at this moment in time. Is that now 6 successive defeats and something like 5 wins in 20 at BP? I’m sure you’d agree that kind of record is going to test even the most ardent supporters.
Earlier this year you appointed the current manager after a disastrous set of results spelt the end for  Mr Slade.
Results now are very similar and many fans are wanting action , so my plea to you after the current set of results is do not pander to the same old voices, the same old moaners, the same old impatient guys that can’t wait to get to their keyboard when this situation arrives and even contemplate the sacking of Mr Jolley.
Results are bad,confidence is low but it is nowhere as bad as the early part of this year. I do believe you might have appointed a manager that we will be proud of given time. Please, please give him a chance  to prove himself he needs that time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
September 29, 2018, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Hi Michael Jolley.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
promotion plaice
September 29, 2018, 11:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from davmariner
Hi Michael Jolley.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
MarinerWY
September 30, 2018, 12:51am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Nothing is to be gained from a change of manager now. There is no miracle worker in waiting and actually I feel Jolley knows his stuff. Its flipping atrocious at the moment but till someone gives me a viable alternative that will improve things, I think we stick it out. It's like those calling for Fenty to go. I am not a fan of him,but it's easy to kick off without offering solutions.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
arryarryarry
September 30, 2018, 4:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerWY
Nothing is to be gained from a change of manager now. There is no miracle worker in waiting and actually I feel Jolley knows his stuff. Its flipping atrocious at the moment but till someone gives me a viable alternative that will improve things, I think we stick it out. It's like those calling for Fenty to go. I am not a fan of him,but it's easy to kick off without offering solutions.

If that is the case, a couple of points if I may, one, why does he keep picking two of the mainstays of a shite team last year in Collins and Woolford and two, how come he let Mills go yet yesterday having a decent game he looked far better than any full back we have currently got.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 5:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Always thought Mills was a decent player we should not have let him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 6:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MarinerWY

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me. The problem is his demands and bloody-mindedness. If it took a week or month or two before anyone came in, we could seat a sack of spuds on the chairman's boardroom chair in the meantime. At least it would have no influence in making crass decision after crass decision. It is well known that JF is a laughing stock even within the corridors of BP. With the Town Deal floating around, there is no better time for JF to leave. He has absolutely nothing to offer to push this club forward. Have you been asleep for the past seventeen years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Mrs Doyle
September 30, 2018, 6:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Bigdog

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me. The problem is his demands and bloody-mindedness. If it took a week or month or two before anyone came in, we could seat a sack of spuds on the chairman's boardroom chair in the meantime.At least it would have no influence in making crass decision after crass decision. It is well known that JF is a laughing stock within the corridors of BP. With the Town Deal floating around, there is no better time for JF to leave. He has absolutely nothing to offer to push this club forward. Have you been asleep for the past seventeen years?

Again another good post that is hard to argue against.

Fenty has had a good run but he is just treading water has been for a long time. If he really loves this club he would step aside forget his benign loans and let a new board be formed.

A picture of the future of this town his slowly emerging and with vision and ambition, this new picture could include GTFC.

Fenty seems against this because it is NOT HIS plan.

Well J.F. maybe your time has come to step down you admit you are fed up with the hassle from people nothing lasts forever not even you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Cloudy
September 30, 2018, 7:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me. The problem is his demands and bloody-mindedness. If it took a week or month or two before anyone came in, we could seat a sack of spuds on the chairman's boardroom chair in the meantime.At least it would have no influence in making crass decision after crass decision. It is well known that JF is a laughing stock within the corridors of BP. With the Town Deal floating around, there is no better time for JF to leave. He has absolutely nothing to offer to push this club forward. Have you been asleep for the past seventeen years?

Sadly this isn’t true.
Most of them are his men (&women). They have been brainwashed into his way of thinking after years and years of doing things his way. Treating fans as ‘trouble’ and with suspicion, insisting that doing things the way they have always done them is the only way.
Staff and other Directors are with Fenty simply because they can’t be anything else. Anyone who has ever questioned him is ostracised and leave. They know that if Fenty ever left, their own positions would be questioned, reviewed and probably changed. A new broom would /should bring huge change to the way the club is run and a big shake up needed.
No need to discuss individuals but whoever is the person responsible for commercial income needs incentivising with targets and bonuses for increasing income. You go in the office, say on a Thursday morning and there are approx 8 full time staff doing diddlysquat. They may not be paid much but the operation needs streamlining and revolutionising to give value to money, rewarding for successful innovation, and above all be lead with someone who knows that fan engagement is vital and not treated as a dirty buzz word.
The board needs better composition. A marketing and PR professional, a sales person, a football man, to be at least alongside the professional accountant and solicitor.

Above all we desperately need change and new blood & ideas otherwise every manager will continue to live and breathe failure then is in the very fabric of BP

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 7:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from thevera
Dear John
I realise you are a busy man and must have a lot on your mind at the moment so I hope this doesn’t inconvenience you too much but I have something on my mind that is bothering me.
It is regarding the football club we both love so much. I don’t need to tell you that the Morecambe game was another disappointing day at Blundell Park, one that we are all too familiar with at this moment in time. Is that now 6 successive defeats and something like 5 wins in 20 at BP? I’m sure you’d agree that kind of record is going to test even the most ardent supporters.
Earlier this year you appointed the current manager after a disastrous set of results spelt the end for  Mr Slade.
Results now are very similar and many fans are wanting action , so my plea to you after the current set of results is do not pander to the same old voices, the same old moaners, the same old impatient guys that can’t wait to get to their keyboard when this situation arrives and even contemplate the sacking of Mr Jolley.
Results are bad,confidence is low but it is nowhere as bad as the early part of this year. I do believe you might have appointed a manager that we will be proud of given time. Please, please give him a chance  to prove himself he needs that time.

I guess I'm impatient, I guess I'm a moaner but I did and still do want MJ to be successful. Problem is that the players don't seem to be with him. There was a collective thumbs up to most of his signings but, for some reason, it isn't working. How long should that be allowed to continue?

I'm surprised that the John Fenty 'managers only get 6 games' quote hasn't really been quoted much since last evening but, in reality, how much further can we go with a management team that isn't even treading water? Do you want another 6 year stint in the non-league?

I personally think he should get another month but, at present, it shows no sign of getting any better.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.