Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 8:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Yoda
You would of thought Limbrick would have a few gems from the conference he could have bought in.

He probably has, he'll be very useful when we get back down there

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2018, 8:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog

Let's nail another myth..

Under Fenty the club has lost half a mill for six seasons by not being in the Football League, there's £3m. And let's be generous to John and say the pitiful performances and shambolic way the club has been driven into the ground have only put off an average of 1k fans per home game. Let's face it, how many people does everyone know that don't go anymore? And it's not even taking into account lost income from away fans. That's say £13k per game, £300k per season, so £5m over 17 seasons. That's a total of £8m without taking into account the fact that we've not had any inward investment for years..

Which of John's predecessors have cost the club that much money, make no apologies for it and still take no financial responsibility, then boldly try to make out that they're keeping the club afloat? He is of course in a small way but only by securing it on what little value there is left in the club. The sick thing is that he's only had to keep the club afloat because of his own crass decisions and actions. As harming this club goes, John Fenty is like the ITV Digital collapse on steroids..

I am afraid the club has become somewhat of a laughing stock, which is very hard to stomach when you consider our past history and our levels of support even during these very dark days.

I worry about what sort of reputation we are getting within the pro game; obviously people talk to each other all the time, and it must be common knowledge of how badly we are run, let alone how poor our league positions have been for donkeys years now and it is taking its toll.

Gary Holt's withering assessment will not have gone unnoticed either. Terrible days for a once proud club, and if we don't get a grip soon on and off the field I can see us really dropping off the map.

Countless times Fenty has overseen catastrophic seasons and I am at a loss why he doesn't change tack to at least try to tackle his shortcomings.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

I am afraid the club has become somewhat of a laughing stock, which is very hard to stomach when you consider our past history and our levels of support even during these very dark days.

I worry about what sort of reputation we are getting within the pro game; obviously people talk to each other all the time, and it must be common knowledge of how badly we are run, let alone how poor our league positions have been for donkeys years now and it is taking its toll.

Gary Holt's withering assessment will not have gone unnoticed either. Terrible days for a once proud club, and if we don't get a grip soon on and off the field I can see us really dropping off the map.

Countless times Fenty has overseen catastrophic seasons and I am at a loss why he doesn't change tack to at least try to tackle his shortcomings.

Because he doesn’t have any shortcomings!

The one single thing that grinds so many peoples gears is he believes he is always right, he doesn’t listen to anyone and although most would say his thinking often lacks logic, he just doesn’t see it.

I fully agree that our stock in the game must be extremely low,managers, players, agents all talk. It won’t be positive
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Swansea_Mariner
October 1, 2018, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Bignot did say that there were less staff on board here than at Solihull, and remember that very awkward moment at the forum when he said every club at this level had a stength and conditioning coach (except us).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
chaos33
October 1, 2018, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
We've got one now though haven't we? A 'strength and conditioning coach'. We look as unresponsive, unfit and disorganised as it's possible to imagine, but we've got one....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Cloudy
October 1, 2018, 9:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from chaos33
We've got one now though haven't we? A 'strength and conditioning coach'. We look as unresponsive, unfit and disorganised as it's possible to imagine, but we've got one....

By default though. The strength and conditioning coach was employed by Woods’s academy set up but nabbed by Slade.
I fully accept that appearances can be misleading but I wonder if looking so much younger than virtually every player, may mean they question his instructions.??
The kid may well be fantastic, highly qualified but pro footballers are an odd bunch and mistrusting of ‘outsiders’
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
SalsaE70
October 1, 2018, 9:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -90
Gold Stars: 1
Gotta go..... no improvement on last season, in fact it’s worse....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2018, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

I remember the Clee pre-season after match comments when some said the players looked knackered. They look knackered now - have they been over- conditioned?
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2018, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

No credibility from your informants whatsoever if they actually think a rolling contract was up!!

In that case it must have come from the Board!

[winking smiley added for the hard of thinking]

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
Mariner_09
October 1, 2018, 10:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from chaos33

But if we'd given a better budget and a the much debated strength and conditioning coach to Hurst he may well have stayed a lot longer and built us into something better. I hate to bang on about how good he was but how many people on here would rather have Jolley than Hurst? Not many would be my guess.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.