7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
nightrider
September 30, 2018, 8:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Did any of Johns predecessors put money into the club? Did they put more money into the club than him?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2018, 8:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Bigdog

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me. The problem is his demands and bloody-mindedness. If it took a week or month or two before anyone came in, we could seat a sack of spuds on the chairman's boardroom chair in the meantime. At least it would have no influence in making crass decision after crass decision. It is well known that JF is a laughing stock even within the corridors of BP. With the Town Deal floating around, there is no better time for JF to leave. He has absolutely nothing to offer to push this club forward. Have you been asleep for the past seventeen years?

The starting point to value any business is usually 2.5 x its operating profit averaged over 3 years for the A shares, the B shares look a bit different as they take into account fixed assets and a number of other considerations.

We lose money in reality, have a (benign apparently) debt and our biggest fixed asset is dilapidated to a state that only the land is worth anything to a developer, planning permission permitting of course.

In reality GTFC is only worth the value JF places on it and that no doubt will be like most of the other things associated with the club at the moment unsustainable and unrealistic. This will only move forward if he walks away and does not name a price.          

Who would come in? Not the Trust nor fan owned etc.. as again in reality that would just be shifting the liability that these Muppets have accrued.

Ironically (I'm not suggesting this BTW)  if MJ was the MD/chief exec I reckon he'd have much more impact than being the Manager. Well educated, financially qualified, experienced in business, understands what the club means to people, can sell the dream, inoffensive, ambitious etc.. etc..    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
KingstonMariner
September 30, 2018, 8:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

That fcuk all money is that what Fenty and the board have put in this season.

That point you talk of can we bank that point because Fenty's stewardship isn't bringing any and him and his yes men are guiding us again into non league without a whimper, never mind eh we'll get a bit of that football fortune Fenty's always banging on about soon, it will drop out of an alien mothership after they have heard our cries for help in Alpha Centauri, Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox will be our saviour all hail Zaphod Beeblebrox.

FENTY OUT bag of spuds to take his seat.

I'm sure I've already heard Marvin the Paranoid Android in the Main Stand. So it's just a matter of time  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from nightrider
Did any of Johns predecessors put money into the club? Did they put more money into the club than him?

Recently.. Mike Parker has invested much more..

In fact, JF has only invested £700k in the club by way of shares in order to have the honour to run it for seventeen years. The £2m loan doesn't count because he wants it back and he was given £200k by the Trust. So that's the equivalent of £112 per day he's invested. Probably cover the cost of replacing the floodlight bulbs. A laughable amount for a Football League club and he's cost us millions in the meantime, so I really don't see your point. He's a urine-taking chancer without an ounce of humility in him, because if he had, he'd have walked years ago. He's the most embarrassing figure in the long history of the club.

None of the other chairman had such a poor on pitch or off pitch record, led us into non-league or so many relegations and relegation battles, notwithstanding all the other shite the fans have had to put up with from him over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
Bigdog
September 30, 2018, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
And this tweet just about sums up Fenty Poundland FC..

https://twitter.com/mattdannatt/status/1046454604924407809
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
MuddyWaters
September 30, 2018, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bigdog

I read that earlier. Astounding. Add Holt to Phil Brown & Askey and MJ becomes the 4th cab on the rank.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
headingly_mariner
September 30, 2018, 9:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I read that earlier. Astounding. Add Holt to Phil Brown & Askey and MJ becomes the 4th cab on the rank.

Plus Stuart McCall declined to even talk to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
jonnyboy82
October 1, 2018, 7:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Bigdog

Kin ell , explains it all perfectly now, i  knew john was tight but to ask him to be a fireman the kitman a ballboy and a taxi driver was a bit out of order.

Fenty out.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
denni266
October 1, 2018, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
the club has gone that far down hill it will need a total rebuild .. Thanks Fenty.. now get gone ..off you trot .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
Bigdog
October 1, 2018, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from nightrider

Let's nail another myth..

Under Fenty the club has lost half a mill for six seasons by not being in the Football League, there's £3m. And let's be generous to John and say the pitiful performances and shambolic way the club has been driven into the ground have only put off an average of 1k fans per home game. Let's face it, how many people does everyone know that don't go anymore? And it's not even taking into account lost income from away fans. That's say £13k per game, £300k per season, so £5m over 17 seasons. That's a total of £8m without taking into account the fact that we've not had any inward investment for years..

Which of John's predecessors have cost the club that much money, make no apologies for it and still take no financial responsibility, then boldly try to make out that they're keeping the club afloat? He is of course in a small way but only by securing it on what little value there is left in the club. The sick thing is that he's only had to keep the club afloat because of his own crass decisions and actions. As harming this club goes, John Fenty is like the ITV Digital collapse on steroids..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.