jimgtfc
September 30, 2018, 3:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you are correct then I fully expect an anouncement from the cub tomorrow to say that Whitmore and Collins have been released.

It’s a good point, schoolboy defending.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2018, 4:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you are correct then I fully expect an anouncement from the cub tomorrow to say that Whitmore and Collins have been released.

We have heard a lot about Collins, quite rightly but I am not sure if Whitmore knew what day it was yesterday.

I hadn't noticed before but he seems unable or unwilling to jump and challenge for the ball. Add to that a lack of pace and agricultural at best with the ball at his feet, you wonder why we thought a good idea to sign him.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
MarinerWY
September 30, 2018, 5:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Bigdog

If JF upped and made a clean break from GTFC today and offered the club up at its actual market value, someone would fill the void, trust me.

Think you've proved my point there. Your 'viable alternative' is a hunch you've got. Forgive me if I take that as what it's worth in real money: intercourse all.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
Marinerz93
September 30, 2018, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerWY

Think you've proved my point there. Your 'viable alternative' is a hunch you've got. Forgive me if I take that as what it's worth in real money: intercourse all.

That fcuk all money is that what Fenty and the board have put in this season.

That point you talk of can we bank that point because Fenty's stewardship isn't bringing any and him and his yes men are guiding us again into non league without a whimper, never mind eh we'll get a bit of that football fortune Fenty's always banging on about soon, it will drop out of an alien mothership after they have heard our cries for help in Alpha Centauri, Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox will be our saviour all hail Zaphod Beeblebrox.

FENTY OUT bag of spuds to take his seat.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
Yoda
September 30, 2018, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Fenty is the cancer slowly killing the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
Ipswin
September 30, 2018, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Marinerz93

That fcuk all money is that what Fenty and the board have put in this season.

But I didn't think you wanted him to put any more money in, you are always bitching about how the 'benign' loans are holding the club back, surely you don't want that sum increased?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Marinerz93
September 30, 2018, 6:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

But I didn't think you wanted him to put any more money in, you are always bitching about how the 'benign' loans are holding the club back, surely you don't want that sum increased?

No I don't, I want him to wipe his benign loans and leave the boardroom with his yes men and give someone with fresh ideas and fire in their belly to get the club going in a positive direction, won't happen though will it, I've seen barnacles with less grip than the strangle hold he has got on the club, and are we benefiting with him being associated with the club, are we are club on the up, are we playing attractive football and playing to full houses week in week out.

How does our budget compare to other clubs, because what I am seeing is what you reap is what you sow. Just like all the other excrement seasons in very recent memory, in fact it's mainly been excrement since he has been in the boardroom, Fenty out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
ginnywings
September 30, 2018, 6:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

Most people who invest in football clubs don't expect to get their money back, and don't consider investment as "loans".

Well run clubs will buy players for £50,000 or £100,000 and develop them to sell on. Especially so with strikers, ala Bogle. Why didn't we invest in more players of that type when we sold him for a million?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
TAGG
September 30, 2018, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Always thought Mills was a decent player we should not have let him go.

By far a better defender than any we had on the pitch.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
chaos33
September 30, 2018, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353

We have heard a lot about Collins, quite rightly but I am not sure if Whitmore knew what day it was yesterday.

I hadn't noticed before but he seems unable or unwilling to jump and challenge for the ball. Add to that a lack of pace and agricultural at best with the ball at his feet, you wonder why we thought a good idea to sign him.

Well I can't see him being expensive, can you?I think he's yet to prove he's FL standard and I know a player who's played with him and a scout who's seen him a fair bit and they both think the same.

Davis. (possibly our best defender?) is now injured, so it's perm 2 from 3 of Collins, Famewo and Whitmore, and that's it.
Somehow I don't see an end to us leaking goals.
It's aspects like this that lead me to suspect a poor overall budget when you look at the general calibre in this, and indeed other positions.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.