Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 339 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,749 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 16, 2018, 12:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from towncryer

They do this because we always have problems  at away matches that are allocated seating and sold out.
Mates always want to sit with mates especially alll those who want to sing thus they are given the opportunity to choose a section where they can all be together.
For what it's worth it doesn't work, never has and never will.
It will be a free for all Saturday as per usual at your place with a few people getting irate cos someones sat in their seats.

Well at least you don`t have that problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 167
rancido
August 16, 2018, 1:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96

And the Leaking boot flattened?

We were put in there a few years back.

Such a shame it wasn't while it was being flattened !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 167
towncryer
August 16, 2018, 1:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well at least you don`t have that problem

You saying I got B O micky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 167
LH
August 16, 2018, 3:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
The worst type of football fan is the type who whinges someone is sat in their seat in sold out away end. Just be thankful to have a ticket as others would no doubt love to have had it off you and sat on the roof to get a view.

The second worst is the ones who request a seat at the back and then moan at everyone who is at the back standing up.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 167
RoboCod
August 16, 2018, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I have a new favorite fishy post, from Robocod, just when you start to detect the odd sign of grounded reality..
Long Suffering Imp

Wooh for me!!

I think you miss the point though, Mr Suffering Imp, as your forum and newfound fans have been awfully unpopular on the League 2 and Conference forums. Some of your newcomers last season were infesting the post-match Lincoln away threads asking/demanding/begging for acknowledgment of their HUGE following. As one rival said at the time, what do you all want, medals? You are PLAGUED by newbies, all finding this football watching lark such a novelty, whereas to most fans and clubs it's the norm.

The odd thing is I was posting on the old forum back in around 2000 and have probably made more posts on the Lincoln forums than 80% of the Vital lot. But as some Lincolnites keep telling me, Vitals is idiotic and insular and not at all representative of Lincoln City BC

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 167
Grantham_Mariner
August 18, 2018, 1:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
So, Lincoln fans think they have the better team and will win, some Grimsby fans think Lincoln have the better team and will win. On paper considering what the have paid in fees and wages they should have the better team. The bookmakers think Lincoln are the favorites to win.

But how will they feel if Grimsby win on Saturday?  Devastated will be an understatement !

#UTFM

Looking good so far...............

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 167
Marinerz93
August 18, 2018, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I often find myself through work in various properties throughout Lincoln, and there are parts of both Towns that reflect each other. Lincoln isn't a boom town, growing slightly maybe with investment in new campuses but it has the same crappy areas and same crappy people in those areas like Town. Like the type of Lincoln morons who attacked old Town fans trying to get to their cars at the park near the roundabout. Yet they are on here blubbering about not being family friendly, when Lincoln isn't even OAP friendly.

Scunthorpe went through a purple patch but as the novelty wore off so their new fans found other things to do, the same will go for Lincoln, that's if we are lead to believe they are becoming a golden metropolis like they claim.

When Grimsby was a boom Town we played in the top flight, over to you gimps, (drops mic).

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 167
KingstonMariner
August 18, 2018, 3:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Wonder how they're going to celebrate their victory and the promotion they just bagged  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 167
ginnywings
August 18, 2018, 3:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Waiting for the avalanche of smug Imps fans on here rubbing our noses in it after their emphatic victory.......

Oh! Wait a minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 167
RoboCod
August 18, 2018, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings
Waiting for the avalanche of smug Imps fans on here rubbing our noses in it after their emphatic victory.......

Oh! Wait a minute.

Seemingly all the Gimps on Vital are now commenting in their match thread with stuff like "Told you we weren't going to win 4-0!!!...told you not to get over confident!"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.