Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,740 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 13, 2018, 5:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,104
Gold Stars: 548

Yes Ginny, I think we have a better team/Squad than you at present.
I think we have our best squad for years.We lost Waterfall and Woodyard, fair play to them they have gone to good teams. But we got got good money for them, and replaced them well. I have no idea how we got Shackell (Probably money), and the offer of coaching, Derby fans thought he would have gone to low end Championship or L1. I also watched us on Saturday rip Swindon apart time and time again, with good Football, 4-1 flattered them, we should have been 4 up at half time, but they got a fortuitous penalty and got a bit of momentum.

We have a good squad, good management and good support so we should do well. But I am not naive enough to know that you have to earn promotion and work hard. I maintain that you will do okay this season, FG in my opinion was a freak result, but I do actually think they will do okay. I think Macc will go down, but that was  a good result at a newly promoted team in their first home game. As I have said I would predict 1-0 either way, but I don't think that will stop us being up there this season. We are still after a couple of players so that will only strengthen us further. Either this year or next we will go up in my opinion.

Fair enough. You are probably right and i will be happy if we take a point from the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 167
oochiad
August 13, 2018, 5:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,715
Gold Stars: 27
Good luck to the Imps but with all the families and young kids about it’s a tad embarrassing the way the Cowleys conduct themselves with the officials........ bad sportsmanship and all that........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 6:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from oochiad
Good luck to the Imps but with all the families and young kids about it’s a tad embarrassing the way the Cowleys conduct themselves with the officials........ bad sportsmanship and all that........

I actually think the way Rhead conducted himself was worse.
All, and I mean all managers berate officials to attempt to influence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 167
mimma
August 13, 2018, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Surely officials get wise to it all after a while so it becomes counter productive. If I was a ref and knew what the Cowleys are like I would put them in their place from the start and let them know who's in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 167
devs
August 13, 2018, 6:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Lincoln have got lucky with a once in a century (literally) FA Cup run
They also got lucky with the Cowley appt - as GTFC did in the late 80s with Buckley
GTFC were going out of the FL at that time - two successive relegations and were 4th from bottom at one point in Div 4 (I know cos I was on holiday and it was days when you had to wait two days to get the results or face a bloody expensive phone call home!)
LCFC (IMO) were heading for the Conf North before Cowleys - excrement crowds, excrement teams, excrement managers

Having said all of that...LCFC have cashed in, invested wisely and brought in some quality players to add to an already very good squad for L2

I work in Lincoln and you can tell it's a booming city - this often goes hand in hand with football success; at one time in past few years I read Bournemouth was fastest growing town/city in Europe... and they aren't doing badly

Lincoln and Bournemouth are (historically) 'nothing' football teams but GTFC's history counts for 'nothing' now sadly - we are one of several poor relations and just have to get on with it until we 'get lucky' again, primarily a major investor

I think Lincoln's 'crossroads' will be
a)  if/when they lose Cowley - every manager has a price and if Lincoln rip league up, within 10/15 games the sackings will have started elsewhere and L1/Championship clubs must come knocking surely? Any manager with an ounce of ambition would leave Lincoln

b) their ability to get a new stadium - as long as they remain at Sincil Bank they will always be a small club punching above their weight

If they get a new stadium they could be a new Wigan/MK Dons/Scunny

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 167
RoboCod
August 13, 2018, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Never really get this stuff. You realise Lincoln is the second fastest growing City in the Country don't you?

FFS, you're on a Grimsby board. And you have shown some levels of smugness at times. Why do you keep harping on about non-football things? Fastest growing? It's full of bloody students. It is not special in any way.
You're a little insecure to be spending these vast amounts of time on a GTFC board, constantly correcting anything you see as detrimental to your town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 167
HertsGTFC
August 13, 2018, 6:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Helgy

Definitely more families that have engaged with the club now & you definitely see people that did follow us but you didn't see in the conference years.
The Cowley's went round the local schools and there was 500 kids singing Lincoln songs at every school they went to it was incredible.
Spent years trying to get the connection between the club and fans then the Cowleys come along and make it so easy.
Junior Imps is a good scheme encourages families it was well priced but had to increase this season.
Something Grimsby could do?

Main point is we are only 2 games in so not getting carried away, normally its no problem getting tickets.
Rememeber being told the same things as i have read about being outsung and the like but we always used to give it a good go with only 500-600.

Interesting point about schools John Newman/George Kerr and the team with Alec King did it around 35+ years ago for us and it had a similar effect.

Personally I think you’ll go up automatically this season as the level of investment supports that if you miss out some would see it as under achieving but I don’t think you will.

I’d take a point and a clean sheet Saturday.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 6:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Never really get this stuff. You realise Lincoln is the second fastest growing City in the Country don't you?

FFS, you're on a Grimsby board. And you have shown some levels of smugness at times. Why do you keep harping on about non-football things? Fastest growing? It's full of bloody students. It is not special in any way.
You're a little insecure to be spending these vast amounts of time on a GTFC board, constantly correcting anything you see as detrimental to your town.

Look at the post above yours from Devs. No smugness, but i find it ironic with the 6 fingered, pictures etc. Yep lots of students that add an enormous amount to the economy, restaurants , bars , social stuff to do. As I said I can't imagine many Imps work or live in Grimsby.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 6:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

As a matter of interest how do you know it's full of students?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 167
moosey_club
August 13, 2018, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm going to get red crosses for this but I think it's unique and adds something to match day.i actually wish we'd do something similar with a mournful fog horn recording.would be so atmospheric

followed by a chorus of ....

"its just gone noon... half past monsoon"  

https://uk.video.search.yahoo......4bf&action=click

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.