Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,741 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
H19P1
August 13, 2018, 12:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710

1827 fella.

Cheers đź‘Ť should make for a cracking atmosphere if all are coming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 12:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from H19P1

Cheers đź‘Ť should make for a cracking atmosphere if all are coming.

Yep, should be good, always think there are decent acoustics in the away end at BP.
Think it will be a tight affair, definite leveller, a local derby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 167
mariner91
August 13, 2018, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260

Yep, should be good, always think there are decent acoustics in the away end at BP.

It's a great stand for making noise thanks to the shape of the roof. Unfortunately the shape also means that a significant proportion of the stand can't see the whole pitch  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

It's a great stand for making noise thanks to the shape of the roof. Unfortunately the shape also means that a significant proportion of the stand can't see the whole pitch  

Yeah its an unusual stand, I fell down the stairs there and scolded myself with bovril when Simon Yeo scored to put us 3-2 up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 167
Eastendmariner
August 13, 2018, 2:16pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
Exactly. This is apparently their most successful period...and it’s one of our worst. But we’re in the same league.

This made me laugh you'd think they invented big gates at home and bandwagon support

Iv'e got rid of My Lincoln imbecile TROLL he was getting too offensive his abuse wasn't football related  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 167
ginnywings
August 13, 2018, 3:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548

So you clearly think you are better than us and that we will bring you down to our level then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 4:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

So you clearly think you are better than us and that we will bring you down to our level then?

Yes Ginny, I think we have a better team/Squad than you at present.
I think we have our best squad for years.We lost Waterfall and Woodyard, fair play to them they have gone to good teams. But we got got good money for them, and replaced them well. I have no idea how we got Shackell (Probably money), and the offer of coaching, Derby fans thought he would have gone to low end Championship or L1. I also watched us on Saturday rip Swindon apart time and time again, with good Football, 4-1 flattered them, we should have been 4 up at half time, but they got a fortuitous penalty and got a bit of momentum.

We have a good squad, good management and good support so we should do well. But I am not naive enough to know that you have to earn promotion and work hard. I maintain that you will do okay this season, FG in my opinion was a freak result, but I do actually think they will do okay. I think Macc will go down, but that was  a good result at a newly promoted team in their first home game. As I have said I would predict 1-0 either way, but I don't think that will stop us being up there this season. We are still after a couple of players so that will only strengthen us further. Either this year or next we will go up in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 167
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 13, 2018, 4:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Living in Lincoln myself it’s a City revitalised in terms of football. I’ve got numerous mates even some in Gainsborough who have all of a sudden become Lincoln fans ? Even people I’ve known for years who’ve never been Lincoln fans. Basically anyone who wasn’t a Lincoln fan or is a “Premier League” fan living in the area are all of a sudden a die hard Imp. They’ve gone from 2,3k per week to capacity attendances.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 5:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Living in Lincoln myself it’s a City revitalised in terms of football. I’ve got numerous mates even some in Gainsborough who have all of a sudden become Lincoln fans ? Basically anyone who wasn’t a Lincoln fan or is a “Premier League” fan living in the area are all of a sudden a die hard Imp. They’ve gone from 2,3k per week to capacity attendances.

I'd agree with some of that. But fans that were staying away have come back, and thats quite a number too, and the club do masses in the community now too.

We have always been relatively well supported in L2, but I agree we have good crowds now. Someone mentioned empty seats at our ground Saturday but we still had 8k home fans during a holiday period. I maintain its the kids, and families that are the biggest change. Our Junior Imps has over 1,000 members -Add parents to that and the maths is there for all to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 167
Helgy
August 13, 2018, 5:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118

I'd agree with some of that. But fans that were staying away have come back, and thats quite a number too, and the club do masses in the community now too.

We have always been relatively well supported in L2, but I agree we have good crowds now. Someone mentioned empty seats at our ground Saturday but we still had 8k home fans during a holiday period. I maintain its the kids, and families that are the biggest change. Our Junior Imps has over 1,000 members -Add parents to that and the maths is there for all to see.

Definitely more families that have engaged with the club now & you definitely see people that did follow us but you didn't see in the conference years.
The Cowley's went round the local schools and there was 500 kids singing Lincoln songs at every school they went to it was incredible.
Spent years trying to get the connection between the club and fans then the Cowleys come along and make it so easy.
Junior Imps is a good scheme encourages families it was well priced but had to increase this season.
Something Grimsby could do?

Main point is we are only 2 games in so not getting carried away, normally its no problem getting tickets.
Rememeber being told the same things as i have read about being outsung and the like but we always used to give it a good go with only 500-600.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.