Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,735 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 6:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from devs
Lincoln have got lucky with a once in a century (literally) FA Cup run
They also got lucky with the Cowley appt - as GTFC did in the late 80s with Buckley
GTFC were going out of the FL at that time - two successive relegations and were 4th from bottom at one point in Div 4 (I know cos I was on holiday and it was days when you had to wait two days to get the results or face a bloody expensive phone call home!)
LCFC (IMO) were heading for the Conf North before Cowleys - excrement crowds, excrement teams, excrement managers

Having said all of that...LCFC have cashed in, invested wisely and brought in some quality players to add to an already very good squad for L2

I work in Lincoln and you can tell it's a booming city - this often goes hand in hand with football success; at one time in past few years I read Bournemouth was fastest growing town/city in Europe... and they aren't doing badly

Lincoln and Bournemouth are (historically) 'nothing' football teams but GTFC's history counts for 'nothing' now sadly - we are one of several poor relations and just have to get on with it until we 'get lucky' again, primarily a major investor

I think Lincoln's 'crossroads' will be
a)  if/when they lose Cowley - every manager has a price and if Lincoln rip league up, within 10/15 games the sackings will have started elsewhere and L1/Championship clubs must come knocking surely? Any manager with an ounce of ambition would leave Lincoln

b) their ability to get a new stadium - as long as they remain at Sincil Bank they will always be a small club punching above their weight

If they get a new stadium they could be a new Wigan/MK Dons/Scunny

Good post, the new stadium has already been highlighted in the new Western Growth corridor close to the A46, as part of a sporting village. Our new chairman was talking about it the other day, saying it was an absolute must.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 6:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

followed by a chorus of ....

"its just gone noon... half past monsoon"  

https://uk.video.search.yahoo......4bf&action=click

I actually don't like it, or Rheads behaviour, I found it embarrassing. I am glad he is on the bench and has played about 10 minutes this season so far.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 167
RoboCod
August 13, 2018, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I can't imagine many/any Grimsby fans wasting their time obsessively sitting on the Lincoln Vital board putting everyone right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 167
RoboCod
August 13, 2018, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker

As a matter of interest how do you know it's full of students?

I live in Lincoln, as you'd know had you been posting on The Fishy BC (before Cowley)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 7:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

I live in Lincoln, as you'd know had you been posting on The Fishy BC (before Cowley)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 167
LH
August 13, 2018, 7:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Oh I do love derby season. Arguing over who’s shite town is better, who’s squad players are bigger twits and calling everyone inbred despite us all being from a mostly rural county.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 167
nealeardleyscrossing
August 13, 2018, 7:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from LH
Oh I do love derby season. Arguing over who’s shite town is better, who’s squad players are bigger twits and calling everyone inbred despite us all being from a mostly rural county.

Not sure I called anyone inbred.The irony of Robocod living in Lincoln though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 167
RoboCod
August 13, 2018, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Not sure I called anyone inbred.The irony of Robocod living in Lincoln though  

Oh Christ... the 'irony' thing. Moved here because my future wife lived here about 18 years ago. I'm self-employed, my 2 daughters/son in law all in pretty crappy jobs and thoroughly drunk off with the Lincoln jobs scene, 'boom'and all, my wife works in the hell that is modern schooling, so we're all saving our pennies to make a huge family move to the coast.
But yeah, sit on this board all day and boast about boom towns and being higher in League 2 than Town, and I'll continue thinking it's all pretty weird of you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 167
rancido
August 13, 2018, 7:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from sam gy

Exactly. This is apparently their most successful period...and it’s one of our worst. But we’re in the same league.

If you check the records you will find that Lincoln had several seasons in the 50's at Championship level. In fact since 1945 Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Grimsby have all yo-yoed through the leagues although town are the only one of the three to experience the top tier and that ended in 1948.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 167
Grim74
August 13, 2018, 7:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
How is Lincoln even a fast growing city I was there last week and It didn’t look at all any bigger, it’s still really just a little town with a cathedral. As for mass investment all the building work I’ve seen is for student flats that looks as though they’ve all been built on the cheap.
The little town centre is not big enough for all these students who want to drive on their own resulting in the roads constantly gridlocked.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 167
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.