Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 308 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,746 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 18, 2018, 7:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Fair do's Helgy, good luck for the rest of the season, except the return of course. I still think you'll be at least a play off side, but you weren't at the races today. I also think we are not half as bad as some were saying and it's early days in our re-build after Slade destroyed us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 167
HertsGTFC
August 18, 2018, 8:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Helgy

Get out of jail ,daylight robbery ,any of those i really don't like all the pre match predictions of hammerings and said that derby games can really even things out i was wrong on that.

We didn't turn up at all ,formation was wrong and were extremly lucky several times in the 2nd half if it had been a boxing match the ref would have stopped it.

Fair play once again Helgy!

My take on your side on the basis of today is that you look like a side in transition from a more direct approach to playing the ball a bit more. I think today MJ arguably out thought Cowley as your flanks never got going. I know Bostwick from his time at Stevenage and I can see what your manager is trying to do with him at the back but your mid field did look like it’s missing an enforcer.

When you started to do well in non league/cup run and came up you had a real spine and spirit which often meant you won games in injury time and it seemed your players where “in this together” though it’s a snapshot I felt that was missing a bit today though you did deal well with our 2nd half onslaught before the penalty.

All that said league 2 is unpredictable but once again competitive and I expect you guys to be right up there in an automatic spot come May.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 167
Marinerz93
August 18, 2018, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91
Here's some of my favourites from the pre-game thread on us and other comments on our players and general chances this season:

"That article on the Grimsby OS only hints at the strength of Lincoln's squad, and probably deliberately so. The gulf in class man-for-man between the two squads is monumental - place them side-by-side and see for yourself. If the game were to be played on paper..." ScotImp

"Bit like their midfield general Mr Welsh is meant to stop us tomorrow, hasn't had much success so far has he?" DavidImp

"Serious Achilles rupture two years ago, was released in May after an indifferent season.
Exactly the sort of error I would expect an inexperienced manager like Jolley to make." On signing Wes Thomas, ScotImp again.

"In midfield, Welsh is completely finished, a terrible signing. At nearly 35, younger, faster midfielders will run rings round him, even if he can stay fit. " ScotImp on Welsh.

"One defender came from dire Chesterfield (Alex Whitmore), and appears to have been signed because Jolley knew him as a teenager at the Burnley Academy. The other one (Harry Davis) has been playing in the Scottish Championship, which is National League standard at best." ScotImp on half our defence who played today. Whitmore is such a dire defender that he had your £4K a week striker in his pocket until he moved over to Collins.

"Most of Slade's squad had to go because they were dreadful, but the seven replacements so far look no better. Different name, more of the same. " ScotImp once more.

"Prediction: Bottom four. There should be enough poor sides for Grimsby to survive." ScotImp's infamous pre-season review.

In fact I'd just like to point out what a bias, pompous, arrogant and completely misinformed helmet he is  . Near enough everything he spouted as though it were fact was proven wrong today against a team that has a "monumental" difference in class supposedly. Well if that's true Scotty boy then your managers are nowhere near as good as you all claim given the money they've spent and the time they've had in charge because we should have won today and most of your sensible fans know it.

Allegedly from some of the gimps, that scotimp eats the yellow blocks in the urinals because he thinks they are free cakes.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 167
mariner91
August 19, 2018, 12:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Just found this gold:

"I fully expect Danny Cowley’s Lincoln City to overcome Michael Jolley’s Grimsby Town and have a good headline ready to use in the match report should that come about. Our defence seems to improve with each game and our firepower has, I believe, yet more to come. I therefore confidently predict the Imps to come away with another three points in a 0-3 victory, but do not be surprised if it turns out to be an even bigger margin." Source: https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cowleys-imps-to-reel-in-the-jolley-cods-on-saturday/

What a bunch of twits  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 167
gary_elton
August 19, 2018, 1:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Bit disappointed our old friend Mr O'Dare Towncrier hasn't been pontificating on
how magnificent the Gimps 1 - 1 thrashing of us was.... perhaps he didn't come and witness
the mauling of GTFC by his superior 6 fingered numpties.... too scared.... or maybe he was
on civic duties welcoming more yorkies to Skeggy who had comef't day and stopped fert'week...  😉

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 167
lukeo
August 19, 2018, 6:53am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I don't post much anymore but nice to see Helgy on here, been a while since I've seen a post from you. People like yourself are always welcome in here to chat football and it's good to see you have a level head. I felt town where the better side yesterday but I do feel you can see a lot of class in that Lincoln team if they turn up and set up to their abilities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 167
fleabag1970
August 19, 2018, 7:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If you take a look at the prediction thread most town fans thought we would get thrashed .... not me , i got it spot on

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 167
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 8:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fleabag1970
If you take a look at the prediction thread most town fans thought we would get thrashed .... not me , i got it spot on

Yeah, i found that quite astonishing myself. I could maybe understand people thinking we may not win the game, but the predictions of losing by three or four goals seemed a bit pessimistic to me. Jolley actually mentioned it in his post match interview, saying he had been shown what was being predicted. I imagine he shared it with the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 167
Abdul19
August 19, 2018, 8:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from fleabag1970

Well done!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 167
Grim74
August 19, 2018, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Well done to the Lincoln fans for finally filling the away end.👏🏼 although there were empty seats visible throughout visible for some reason. But in all the years of going to BP I’ve never seen a full away end so quite. The osmond stand must be one of the best in the country when it comes to generating noise, you only need a dozen fans singing in there to sound loud and the only time I really heard anything was when and just after they scored.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.