Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

Lincoln fans ................

This thread currently has 28,736 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2018, 9:12am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mariner91
Just found this gold:

"I fully expect Danny Cowley’s Lincoln City to overcome Michael Jolley’s Grimsby Town and have a good headline ready to use in the match report should that come about. Our defence seems to improve with each game and our firepower has, I believe, yet more to come. I therefore confidently predict the Imps to come away with another three points in a 0-3 victory, but do not be surprised if it turns out to be an even bigger margin." Source: https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cowleys-imps-to-reel-in-the-jolley-cods-on-saturday/

What a bunch of twits  

Julian Burley is going to need a new headline then!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 167
ginnywings
August 19, 2018, 9:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The hundred from Veggie Rovers seemed to make more noise. Mind you, they lived up to the hype, unlike Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 167
Helgy
August 19, 2018, 9:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from lukeo
I don't post much anymore but nice to see Helgy on here, been a while since I've seen a post from you. People like yourself are always welcome in here to chat football and it's good to see you have a level head. I felt town where the better side yesterday but I do feel you can see a lot of class in that Lincoln team if they turn up and set up to their abilities.

Can't argue you weren't the better team, think there was far too much crap talked about it being a walk in the park.
You earn the result on the pitch people forget that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 167
RoboCod
August 19, 2018, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Judging by my last walk into the High Street last week, half of Lincoln are on Zombie Spice. Maybe the same goes for their following; half on Spice the other half watching team tactics made by a scared Cowley = not much to sing about.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 167
Townee82
August 19, 2018, 9:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Quoted from mariner91
Just found this gold:

"I fully expect Danny Cowley’s Lincoln City to overcome Michael Jolley’s Grimsby Town and have a good headline ready to use in the match report should that come about. Our defence seems to improve with each game and our firepower has, I believe, yet more to come. I therefore confidently predict the Imps to come away with another three points in a 0-3 victory, but do not be surprised if it turns out to be an even bigger margin." Source: https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/cowleys-imps-to-reel-in-the-jolley-cods-on-saturday/

What a bunch of twits  

Well I for one will not be asking mr Julian (gob sh@te) Burley for his opinions any time from now on . What a wake up call they've just had if they learn from well done ,but I can see they're new found arrogance preventing that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 167
chipsandgravy
August 20, 2018, 12:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
I think now the dust has settled I think there has been a little bit of respect earnt from  both camps. To be fair to Lincoln most of them (morons aside*) have been honest in the comments in that they were lucky to come away with a point and for 70 minutes we were much the better team. Even Danny Cowley, who I dislike intentsly, was magnanimous in his assessment of the game.
I note also that a lot of fans are shouting down those going on about the current attendances and reminding them it wasn't always like that and not so long ago plus it may not be always like that in the future. In addition they also shout down the 'our place is better than yours' constant argument and respect what the decimation of the fishing industry has done to the Town.
I think Saturday have given them a massive wake up call so respect to them for that.
One or two if them have questioned whether we can play with that intensity every week which is a valid point and one that I made over the weekend. Hopefully we can.
Maybe a mutual respect has been delivered which will of course go out the window when we play them at there place but I doubt they will be giving it the Billy Big B@llox they did prior to this weekend.

*on both sides!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 167
RoboCod
August 20, 2018, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
When you come up against counter arguments like..
Looking at what the children's have written about DC & NC you can see why a lot of them that have posting show names about booze!
it's hard to wonder where we may go from here in trying to discuss things when reading/decoding that. But yes, some mutual respect was shown, more than I've seen in a long time, I'd love some more positive and fair input from them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 167
lukeo
August 23, 2018, 2:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,356
Gold Stars: 143
To save me making a new thread a massive well done and thank you to the Lincoln fans

£1817.66 at Lincoln City tonight for Demi 😎
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 167
17 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln fans ................

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.