Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

NEW ASSISTANT!

This thread currently has 15,599 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
June 11, 2018, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Just picked up the news as I’m a few time zones away, happy with the quality of the appointments but it’s now up to the board to back the management with signings worthy of the coaching. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
Tommy
June 11, 2018, 6:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Also interesting to note that Limbrick is due to compete his UEFA Pro Licence this month.

So assuming he passes we'll have a Manager and Assistant Manager both with the Pro Licence.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
sam gy
June 11, 2018, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Hey Ipswin, I know supporting a team like GTFC is, in reality, hardly ever fun in terms of results and overall success. But you know what is fun? Optimism, believing something cool could happen, getting behind good decisions and apparent momentum....

You should try it sometime.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
grimsby pete
June 11, 2018, 7:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I first met Swin Ipswin a few years ago and find him a really nice and funny guy,

We sit next to each other at games down here and I enjoy his company,

We have different views on things as I think Jolley will get us promoted this season and next as well,

Buckley did get us back to back promotions so why cant Jolley ?

Ipswin will be happy if we finish mid table and would not be too bothered if we got relegated because as he told me " we will win more games "

Thats the joy of supporting our team we all have the same love but different expectations .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
golfer
June 11, 2018, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=42684

Adam Forrest's record - not bad times! always thought that players running styles could be improved to make them faster and more efficient.He'd be the man to do it!

and here's a piece from the NLP on Limbrick
https://www.thenonleaguefootba.....ss-anthony-limbrick/

another couple of left field appointments.It's exciting isn't it?

Richard  Duckworth also thought that running styles could make players faster-he improved my sprint times remarkably,so let's hope Adam's plans work. A good signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
Superdan147
June 11, 2018, 8:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Look very good appointments but proof will be in the pudding! Wasn’t that long ago that Limbrick was being touted as the number 1 after slade was sacked so good to see him here as an assistant. Was actually doing very well at woking in the first 20 games or so, near the top of the league and playing some excellent football according to their fans. Also had a little run in the fa cup beating league one bury in the process.

The downturn in results certainly coincided with Woking losing their best 3 players (effiiong went to Scotland, joe ward went to Peterborough and Charles Cook had his loan ended) . Things didn’t improve after he was sacked and they got relegated.

He’s clesrly highly rated in the game, working at Southampton and West Ham and even a brief spell with England u17s shows just how well thought of he is so it certainly looks an exciting appointment.

One last thought, I’d be very surprised if we don’t look at a couple of current/ex Woking players who did well under Limbrick. Josh Staunton is a very highly rated young versatile defender who joined Woking last summer after previously helping Dagenham into the play offs the season before. A Zak Mills replacement? Secondly, Charlie carter is a goal scoring midfielder who’s out of contract. Scored 12 goals last year, only early 20s and again highly thought of. Finally there is joe ward. A left winger who’s now at Peterborough after doing very well at Woking and earnt a January move. This one seems unlikely as he’s seemingly in Steve Evans plans but possibly one for a future loan deal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
forza ivano
June 11, 2018, 8:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What’s JT800?

800 gramme javelin throw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
RonMariner
June 11, 2018, 8:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ipswin will be happy if we finish mid table and would not be too bothered if we got relegated because as he told me " we will win more games "

Paradise Lost, by Milton:-

Satan, formerly called Lucifer, is the first major character introduced in the poem. He was once the most beautiful of all angels, and is a tragic figure who famously declares: "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 11, 2018, 9:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from sam gy
Hey Ipswin, I know managing a team like GTFC is, in reality, hardly ever fun in terms of results and overall success. But you know what is fun? Optimism, believing something cool could happen, getting behind good decisions and apparent momentum....

You should try it sometime.

You maybe need to look up the definitions of optimism and euphoria Sam.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
Grim74
June 11, 2018, 9:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Pleased with the appointment well done Fenty, I just wonder do we really need another coach, Will this not reduce the team budget?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.