Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 252 Guests

NEW ASSISTANT!

This thread currently has 15,603 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Spidey
June 11, 2018, 5:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 4
Let's also remember, that sometimes things take time to develop. So if things don't go to plan in the first few months, just be optimistic as I'm sure in the long run exciting things may be happening to our football club in the future. But of course, hopefully we may hit the ground running!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 80
Garth
June 11, 2018, 5:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
and right on cue Ipswin appears!

I think Ipswin makes some good sensible points, and its always good to have an alternative point of view, one green tick from me.

Of course we all want to see the club build and move in an upwards direction, Christ we deserve some success after the Slade depression period.

But the facts are: we are managed by a relative inexperienced manager that was an improvement from Slade. who has chosen a guy with a no win track record of Slade and Woody to assist him.

We shall see time will tell, but don`t knock Ipswin or myself for having a more cautious attitude to events
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 80
Townee82
June 11, 2018, 5:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
I'd like us to create a anfield style boot room because if this all takes off as it appears to be the big boys will be coming calling poaching .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 80
Ipswin
June 11, 2018, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano
and right on cue Ipswin appears!
always good to have a dissenter in the ranks, so for the record Jolley got us 15 points from 10 games which equates to  69 points in a season which has you up there near the play off places.
This from a standing start with a team who's previous 22 games had yielded the same 15 points. It seems obvious that they were desperately unfit, demoralised, disorganised and heading for relegation. we eventually finished 18th, 5 points clear of relegation. I don't know how many more player interviews you need to watch read or hear for you to appreciate the changes & improvements he's made

If he gets us 69 points next season I'll be absolutely delighted and will kiss he bottom like everyone else

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 80
Ipswin
June 11, 2018, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Townee82
if this all takes off as it appears to be the big boys will be coming calling poaching .

Oh pleeease, optimism maybe but blind stupidity....

What makes you think it's all taking off?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 80
Northbank Mariner
June 11, 2018, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Hard to ignore the fact that Anthony worked with the Southampton academy which is lauded over by plenty of top critics and journalists as being one of the best in the country...I'd say that must bring some quality into the backroom staff alone....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 80
Lincoln Mariner 56
June 11, 2018, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I take your point Ipswin that promise and expectation are not results and ultimately it’s points that make prizes.

From my perspective MJ”s approach to his role, communications/PR & style of play will buy him time should performances not meet expectations in the short term and will stay in place if fans continue to believe in his approach. Looking back to Buckley’s first season in charge results were not great but you could see how he wanted us to play but lacked pieces for his jigsaw until Cunnington and Gilbert arrived.

Something similar with a nice little cup run will be acceptable in season one with hopefully at least a play off by year 2. Personally hope we can achieve more quicker but my main hope is that the club gets back on track with board and supporters singing from the same hymn sheet and a good home record for once!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 80
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2018, 6:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=42684

Adam Forrest's record - not bad times! always thought that players running styles could be improved to make them faster and more efficient.He'd be the man to do it!

and here's a piece from the NLP on Limbrick
https://www.thenonleaguefootba.....ss-anthony-limbrick/

another couple of left field appointments.It's exciting isn't it?

What’s JT800?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 80
crusty ole pie
June 11, 2018, 6:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm here and I complained to myself about half an hour ago when I read the announcement

No point in posting on here as I will only get slaughtered by every fornicator who has blind faith in MJ and everything he does.

What I can't grasp is why? He kept us up fair enough but other than that why the hero worship and why the over the top optimism

I looked back to the posts when we were first looking for a manager As soon as Jolley's name was mentioned every twit was immediately rooting for him despite the fact that all we knew in the first few days was that he was an ex-financial trader and he'd just left a job in Sweden after being relegated. Why I can't work out.

I think its a bit like Southgate and England, he has somehow persuaded everyone its going to be different and I suspect that even if he loses all three group games there will be a groundswell of 'give him a bit longer' or 'give him an other chance' or 'lets see what he does in the Euros'

I am afraid that, God forbid and I don't think it likely but, if we are relegated under Jolley he will still keep his job on the basis of 'he's trying to build something'

Please note, before any sodomist starts, I have said I do not expect us to be relegated but if we are, or if we have another 'Slade-type' season stuck in the bottom end of the table (which everyone moaned about last season) will he still be the Messiah and will he keep his job whatever

Ffs you must be flipping joyful to live with isn’t part of being a fan getting a twinge of preseason excitement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 80
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2018, 6:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Welcome to the two new guys.

It’s great to see a fresh approach being adopted. I know it’s always a risk when you change things but happy to see us give it a go.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.