Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

NEW ASSISTANT!

This thread currently has 15,589 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 12, 2018, 11:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grim74
Pleased with the appointment well done Fenty, I just wonder do we really need another coach, Will this not reduce the team budget?

I think he is here to replace the young man who was the science and fitness coach Grim,

So not taking any money from the players budget.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
Cloudy
June 12, 2018, 12:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
i'm very happy with the new coaching team and while i think the new signings will do a good job for us i am under no illusions that the players we have signed so far are not going to turn us into a promotion team. There needs to be some proven quality signned before the new season kicks off to make this a good L2 team. Some of our younger players will hopefully improve but there is a lot to do still.

Totally agree. Hoping that we get a couple of proven quality players for this level, especially a striker
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
Skrill
June 12, 2018, 12:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
I tipped Anthony Limbrick as a possible new manager, as a assistant alongside Jolley decent

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
forza ivano
June 12, 2018, 5:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,135
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
rancido
June 12, 2018, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy

Totally agree. Hoping that we get a couple of proven quality players for this level, especially a striker

Well Omar Bogle wasn't a proven striker at the level we were playing but he helped to get us promoted back into the football league.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
The Yard Dog
June 12, 2018, 8:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from rancido

Well Omar Bogle wasn't a proven striker at the level we were playing but he helped to get us promoted back into the football league.

Bogle to score first and Grimsby to win 3-1 was a nice little earner for me at 75-1, thanks to Arnold goal at the end, I was going mental for two reasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
acko338
June 12, 2018, 9:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I hope that we can now move away from the journeymen loanees that we have been plagued with in recent seasons.

If the new management team can encourage young up and coming players to have a chance at league football like Max and Harry, then this year's reserve side could have genuine chances to be fringe squad players this year, cup competition players, and then becoming contenders next year - a PLAN,  one that will look at development of players over more than one season, perhaps a way of moving into selling players for fees like Southampton have done over several years to good effect !

From previous locations worked within the new team, there could also be a ready made list of known lower league players hoping to become the next Vardy !

Not looking for instant miracles, but hoping for a better, fitter style of playing by players wanting to be here - results will then follow !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
rancido
June 13, 2018, 1:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
I've just heard part of an interview with Anthony Limbrick on Radio Humberside. He said it was important to be part of the culture and society of Grimsby and would be re-locating from London to Grimsby within the next two or three weeks. Another positive move in hopefully the new direction that GTFC is taking.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
Ipswin
June 13, 2018, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido
I've just heard part of an interview with Anthony Limbrick on Radio Humberside. He said it was important to be part of the culture and society of Grimsby and would be re-locating from London to Grimsby within the next two or three weeks. Another positive move in hopefully the new direction that GTFC is taking.

That's very encouraging incidentally in his press conference yesterday Hurst said he would not be moving his family to Ipswich

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
Maringer
June 13, 2018, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from rancido
I've just heard part of an interview with Anthony Limbrick on Radio Humberside. He said it was important to be part of the culture and society of Grimsby...

I'd imagine he'll be able to pick up a terrace for a song in the East Marsh. Good luck with the culture and society, Anthony!  

(Yes, I know a few bad-uns ruin it for the ordinary folk - I don't believe everything you read in the GET)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW ASSISTANT!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.