Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we talk about contracts now?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

Can we talk about contracts now?

This thread currently has 32,809 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
May 1, 2018, 8:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
When we sold Bogle most of that money was wasted on having a 30+ playing staff under Bignot and Slade,

Now we have just escape relegation with one game to go I can not see many clubs trying to sign our players apart from Macca,

So MJ will be able to keep the ones he wants and hopefully get some better ones in.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 211
lew chaterleys lover
May 1, 2018, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cloudy

I will type this very slowly as I appreciate you cannot read very fast.

How on earth do you sign players? I would suggest you use the money from season ticket sales, commercial income and EFL distribution.
Signing on fees are paid over the duration of the contract and not in a lump sum on day one.
I maintain that someone has to underwrite the cash flow as John has done to £350k or thereabouts but there are people willing to do that if John is serious about stepping down. Maybe  John is more keen on stepping aside than those who attach themselves to his shirt tails?

Hear hear.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 211
Pouton4ever
May 1, 2018, 10:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from Cloudy

How on earth do you sign players? I would suggest you use the money from season ticket sales, commercial income and EFL distribution.
Signing on fees are paid over the duration of the contract and not in a lump sum on day one.
I maintain that someone has to underwrite the cash flow as John has done to £350k or thereabouts but there are people willing to do that if John is serious about stepping down. Maybe  John is more keen on stepping aside than those who attach themselves to his shirt tails?

Why do you have to pick on my dislexia? Just because I can't read quickly what's the problem? I put up with bullies like you at school and I ll put up with them here. Why on earth would you pick on that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 211
KingstonMariner
May 2, 2018, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Mate, he won't get that because he's just countered his own argument! In an earlier post in this thread he made the point that you don't normally pay the whole transfer fee in one go, then said you need someone to provide the cashflow for it. He's also forgotten that the Bignot sale triggered signings.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 211
KingstonMariner
May 2, 2018, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Pouton4ever

Brilliant.

I thought so too.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 211
1mickylyons
May 2, 2018, 6:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Pouton4ever

As the club hasn't recieved all the Bogle transfer money it might be  tricky to squander

If that`s true remind me which mastermind oversaw the deal on Town`s behalf?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 211
1mickylyons
May 2, 2018, 7:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

But of course with the oversized squad we all complained about that could have just about brought parity...

Who sanctioned the spend on the squad and where did the money come from if not the Bogle sale either way it`s more mismanagement surely?The fall out is most of the players brought in plus 2 managers have been shipped out in little over 18 Months resulting in a squandering of money and a downturn in results.We must do better this Club needs a proper professional working on contracts and a Manager and board who get transfers in/out to make a profit.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 211
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2018, 8:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Who sanctioned the spend on the squad and where did the money come from if not the Bogle sale either way it`s more mismanagement surely?The fall out is most of the players brought in plus 2 managers have been shipped out in little over 18 Months resulting in a squandering of money and a downturn in results.We must do better this Club needs a proper professional working on contracts and a Manager and board who get transfers in/out to make a profit.UTM

Proper professionals need paying ...shall we move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 211
1mickylyons
May 2, 2018, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

PMSL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 211
1mickylyons
May 2, 2018, 10:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I reckon Dianne Abbot could be headhunted do you reckon she could do us a job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 211
22 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we talk about contracts now?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.