HertsGTFC
April 8, 2018, 12:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 75

Honestly mate, as we've been a flipping shambles all season. I've paid for 23 league games this season and I've missed at least 8 of them. 5 or 6 on holiday, at least a couple of games where I simply couldn't stand any more kicking off and booting it out for a throw in deep in their half. Hopefully I'll never have to witness that again.

Fukin hell you get some holidays 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
Mrs Doyle
April 8, 2018, 8:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Another massive plus that was the BEST second-half performance in ages we created pressure and they caved in through a moment of madness. Letting a long throw-in bounce in the box is always going to cause panic and that is why the defender used his arm.

ALL THE PLAYERS GAVE 100% COMMITMENT TODAY WELL DONE.

The TWO players I will single out are Martin Woolford and J.J, Hooper, both had very good games and Woolford actually showed his early form when he first came here nice to see.

I ate humble pie today because I never thought I would be saying that about those two.

Jolley has made a difference ALL THESE PLAYERS know now is a clean sheet and they are playing for a place hopefully in league football with M,J.

Still, a long way to go to ensure that but today was a massive step forwards. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
Caesar
April 8, 2018, 8:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Have to agree with he praise for Jolley, first half was petty even and I felt they had the better chances although like us they were a long way from clinical, Mckeown made a couple of decent and vital saves as well.  The switch worked superbly, there was a 10 minute spell when we were all over them and our lack of a goalscorer was clear or we could have had a couple.  Thought our chance had gone before that penalty gave me the best moment in a long time. Know in reality we are still in a seriously dangerous situation and need to pick up more points, but right now am too busy enjoying the win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
Ipswin
April 8, 2018, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Very surprising.

Not at all, I was out all day, didn't go to the match obviously but didn't watch it or listen to it either. I didn't know the result until I got home about 5 o'clock.

What do you want me to post.

We won a flipping game, a game we should have been expected to win, a game I thought we would win but yes, a marvellous result even if It took a penalty at the last knockings (otherwise I think we could have played all night without scoring so no change there) Never the less well done Slade's boys!

But we are not safe yet, the job is half done. I have said I will eat (a little) humble pie if we manage to stay up under Jolley. That doesn't mean I think he's the right man for the job, next season will be the test of that, but it does appear we might survive relegation

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 81
pontoonlew
April 8, 2018, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,012
Gold Stars: 174
I must say, I'm delighted to have won. However this forum would've been a very very different place had we not got the pen. I'm not sure if we'd walked away with a point that the whole team would've been praised for excellent performances.

I thought Dembele was good, he got us up the pitch really well but his final ball needs some serious work. Hooper showed flashes of good stuff followed up by lazy half arsed shite. Vernon probably did something I'm just not sure I saw it.

First half we allowed the worst team in the league to come at us and only one player (Dembele) seemed willing or able to go at them. The back 4 were superb in soaking that up, whilst RHJ needs to learn basic passing, lost count of how many times he pumped it out.

Rose missed a glorious chance in the second half but fair play to him, the pressure for that pen was immense.

So yeah, delighted at the win and hopefully we get another to seal it. But I'm loathed to give this lot a post in which states they're suddenly world beaters, it shouldn't have got to this point and we've scraped past an absolutely diabolical Chesterfield team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
Garth
April 8, 2018, 10:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

So yeah, delighted at the win and hopefully we get another to seal it. But I'm loathed to give this lot a post in which states they're suddenly world beaters, it shouldn't have got to this point and we've scraped past an absolutely diabolical Chesterfield team.

No one thinks we are World beaters, but lets give credit where its due and say that a team bereft of confidence, who never showed signs of giving up the cause, even though they were fighting for a place in League two which they individually may or may not be part of, that makes it more admirable IMO fair play to them and lets hope it continues
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
headingly_mariner
April 8, 2018, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He looked to be signing autographs too according to some accounts.

For those sitting nearby: next time slip him a resignation letter  

BigChris was suggesting on Twitter that this had happened.

Who is asking him for an autograph?

To be fair though he did score the winner at Wembley to get us promoted. I’m surprised he wasn’t on the pitch being carried about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 81
TownSNAFU5
April 8, 2018, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,875
Gold Stars: 42
You forget what it feels like to win a game.  4 happy Mariners travelling back to York yesterday, and it was my birthday.

Burns gave Jolley a lot of stick for not stepping up in the second half against Stevenage.  Well, both he and the team made amends yesterday.   Rose and Hooper in particular improved on the first half.  Both seemed to come out with someone elses shirt on.  The whole team showed the mental strength and desire to win. Jolley made the right changes and tactical switch to help us push on.

The Pontoon helped the ref to make up his mind about the penalty (if he was in any doubt) with a spontaneous loud shout clearly heard in the Upper Findus.  

One area that we could improve on; far too many crosses in the final third were weak and easily cut out by the first defender. Sometimes when we had players in good positions.  If we cannot put in better crosses then we need to get someone to come closer each time in front of their defender to receive the ball.

Chesterfield defenders were physically struggling towards the end.  A crushing defeat as well will not help then playing twice a week in the run-in.  I did like their number 24 (who had a bandage on his arm).  He made several good runs from midfield at pace. We seemed more wary of giving freekicks away and he was  
able to get past players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 81
rancido
April 8, 2018, 12:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TAGG

Because most of em can't stand the bloke at the top and what he's doing/done to our club.

Maybe but I go to BP to watch my team and where I can help make a difference to the outcome with my support , both financial and emotional. I have no control over what happens at Boardroom level but that doesn't mean I don't care about the politics of such. Regardless of who is running the club, as a supporter of GTFC then you have to attend games if you can. Any other attitude is cutting your nose off to spite your face. I don't like how JF runs this club, much like most posters on here but I would rather have a club to support. Until a viable, realistic alternative comes along then that is how it is and all this bombast against JF is futile unless he decides he wants to go. I don't see any other outcome if JF insists on staying.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
ginnywings
April 8, 2018, 12:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
You forget what it feels like to win a game.  4 happy Mariners travelling back to York yesterday, and it was my birthday.

Burns gave Jolley a lot of stick for not stepping up in the second half against Stevenage.  Well, both he and the team made amends yesterday.   Rose and Hooper in particular improved on the first half.  Both seemed to come out with someone elses shirt on.  The whole team showed the mental strength and desire to win. Jolley made the right changes and tactical switch to help us push on.

The Pontoon helped the ref to make up his mind about the penalty (if he was in any doubt) with a spontaneous loud shout clearly heard in the Upper Findus.  

One area that we could improve on; far too many crosses in the final third were weak and easily cut out by the first defender. Sometimes when we had players in good positions.  If we cannot put in better crosses then we need to get someone to come closer each time in front of their defender to receive the ball.

Chesterfield defenders were physically struggling towards the end.  A crushing defeat as well will not help then playing twice a week in the run-in.  I did like their number 24 (who had a bandage on his arm).  He made several good runs from midfield at pace. We seemed more wary of giving freekicks away and he was  
able to get past players.

The guy sat next to me mentioned that it was his birthday yesterday- was that you? Had your daughters with you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.