Reply: 30 - 81
GrimRob
April 7, 2018, 7:45pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Seriously? We looked much better 2nd half as 4231/451 - Hooper & Vernon either went for the same ball or not at all first half and generally got in each other's way.

We needed a goal though. A draw was not much better than a defeat and Vernon is not that good at holding the ball up and at times he was surrounded by blue shirts. We'd probably have pushed players up and gone 4-3-3 in the lattter stages, but at the time I wanted to see us gamble a bit more. Had the ref not awarded that pen I don't think we would have scored.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 81
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 7, 2018, 7:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Great that we won and loved MJ’s interview when he commented on the crowds “ constructive criticism” of Rose and he clearly picks up our thoughts on individuals. That said I thought Rose was superb second half and best I have seen him perform in a town shirt.

The decision to play 3 in the centre of midfield was crucial as it allowed us to control the second half where we normally fall away.

Need to introduce a bit more composure in possession especially moving forward next week and hopefully a second win is round the corner. Best atmosphere for quite a while and best result for many a day, beer tasted great tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
heppy88
April 7, 2018, 7:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Great day at Blundell Park today. Great effort, great spirit, great attendance, great atmosphere, great penalty, great result. Funny how 3 points further away from relagation can feel as good as promotion, but for me thats how it felt today. Came out of Blundell Park buzzing and feeling great to be a Mariner. Still work to do, but sod it, I'm enjoying the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
KingstonMariner
April 7, 2018, 7:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What I like about Jolley is he isn't afraid to change things around in a game, sometimes quite early and between games. Starting line ups and even the whole squad changes a lot between games. He's certainly picking what he thinks is the best option game by game.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
KingstonMariner
April 7, 2018, 7:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Spot on with the post. But concerning the crowd, why do so many fans wait until we are down on our knees and threatened with relegation before they turn out in numbers ? Over 5,000 town fans there  and with that kind of support think how commercially viable we could be if it was repeated more during the season.

Because the people running the club sodomist things up so much people lose hope/interest earlier in the season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
Pouton4ever
April 7, 2018, 7:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
I just hope Fox and Hall-Johnson stick around next season. Fox is a right find- best left back we ve had in years and still gaining match fitness. Did you see him after the penno went in felt it like we did!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2018, 7:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Pouton4ever
I just hope Fox and Hall-Johnson stick around next season. Fox is a right find- best left back we ve had in years and still gaining match fitness. Did you see him after the penno went in felt it like we did!

He's OK but he's not Danny Andrew.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
arryarryarry
April 7, 2018, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

The team aren't going to become world beaters overnight but there are definite signs of improvement. Now they have got the  games without a win monkey off their backs they will have more confidence next Saturday and beat Barnet.

I don't want them to be world beaters just win some games in League 2.

Great three points but as some have said with grateful thanks to their defender and the ref. Will have to have another look tonight as it looked from where I was sitting on the Upper Fundus that it was very high up and nearly his shoulder.

The fat lady has sat down for the time being but may want to stand up again if we don't see off Barnet.

At the end of the day two poor teams with Chesterfield looking really excrement and that is some comfort to us as on that showing they shouldn't get that many more points.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
Pouton4ever
April 7, 2018, 8:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He's OK but he's not Danny Andrew.

I think he ll get there. Intelligent player, quick, gets up and down well , runs with the ball well and crossings getting better every game. Must work well with Jolley too.

On the subject of Jolley it was nice to hear him talking about having a penalty competition with rose yesterday- seems a real breath of fresh air.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.