Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,417 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 21, 2018, 2:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
That fans forum was the turning point for many. The word smug has been used by several people in relation to that night. To think they accused the fans of bullying tactics over the cup that shall not be named.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 106
Bigdog
March 21, 2018, 2:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from lukeo
If Fenty did say what is rumoured on here about OP then he needs to leave. What a rude nieve outrages thing to say. OP boosted out attendances home and away, it Brought the fans together and most importantly for me it Brought a promotion AND many happy memories for myself and I'm sure 100's of other FANS.

OP didn't just raise the £110k it probably boosted attendances by an average of 1k a home game too which would equate to an extra £350k or so over that season. It was not only offensive to say OP didn't change anything but also a very one-eyed view and short sighted to say its impact cash wise was only £110k. That one campaign led by the Trust directly or indirectly attracted more extra "investment" into the club than the board have done for years. What has been said about it is shameful and from people who have never had to encounter garnering support from the paying public in their whole business careers. Accountants and solicitors exist on needs of the public and are generally business to business and the fish processing industry is business to business too. I don't know what gives them the right to feel that they are best placed to operate what is essentially a retail business to the public based upon entertainment..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 106
Bigdog
March 21, 2018, 3:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Bigdog

OP didn't just raise the £110k it probably boosted attendances by an average of 1k a home game too which would equate to an extra £350k or so over that season. It was not only offensive to say OP didn't change anything but also a very one-eyed view and short sighted to say it's impact cash wise was only £110k. That one campaign led by the Trust directly or indirectly attracted more extra "investment" into the club than the board have done for years. What has been said about it is shameful and from people who have never had to encounter garnering support from the paying public in their whole business careers. Accountants and solicitors exist on needs of the public and are generally business to business and the fish processing industry is business to business too. I don't know what gives them the right to feel that they are best placed to operate what is essentially a retail business to the public based upon entertainment..

Couple the above with a distinct lack of football knowledge and there should be no surprise in where we are today..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 106
Gaffer58
March 21, 2018, 5:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
The OP brought everybody together, suddenly we all felt part of the club, our club. Plus away days were themed again we felt we were adding something, now that many people feel that the club because of various scenarios don't really understand or care about the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 106
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2018, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

OP didn't just raise the £110k it probably boosted attendances by an average of 1k a home game too which would equate to an extra £350k or so over that season. It was not only offensive to say OP didn't change anything but also a very one-eyed view and short sighted to say its impact cash wise was only £110k. That one campaign led by the Trust directly or indirectly attracted more extra "investment" into the club than the board have done for years. What has been said about it is shameful and from people who have never had to encounter garnering support from the paying public in their whole business careers. Accountants and solicitors exist on needs of the public and are generally business to business and the fish processing industry is business to business too. I don't know what gives them the right to feel that they are best placed to operate what is essentially a retail business to the public based upon entertainment..

Not far off. Matchday receipts went up by about £200k. Retail/merchandise went up by £125k.

Interestingly the cash position also improved a lot too. Wonder if that was helped by £110k extra being poured into the coffers?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 106
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2018, 11:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
The OP brought everybody together, suddenly we all felt part of the club, our club. Plus away days were themed again we felt we were adding something, now that many people feel that the club because of various scenarios don't really understand or care about the fans.

Pretty sure the theme days were the season before. Kicked off with the Barnet Blow-up Invasion, then Wigs at Woking.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 106
1mickylyons
March 22, 2018, 7:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
The fans felt the Club was back in their hands and they had a team to be proud of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 106
Ipswin
March 22, 2018, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
To think they accused the fans of bullying tactics over the cup that shall not be named.

You see there are upsides to relegation - we won't be in that dodgy cup if we go down, no need for anymore bullying

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 106
ginnywings
March 22, 2018, 11:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

You see there are upsides to relegation - we won't be in that dodgy cup if we go down, no need for anymore bullying

True enough, plus we might actually win a game in the F.A.Trophy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 106
chrissy
March 22, 2018, 2:04pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The fans felt the Club was back in their hands and they had a team to be proud of.

Fully agree then the rug is whipped from under our feet,

What other board would try and alienate the fans like ours,

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.