Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 358 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,418 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2018, 7:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Dont want to see like im having a go but when BigChris was on the mariners trust board nothing was exactly different then was it if i recall ? The trust was supposed to be our voice and im afraid no matter who resigns stays or just moves on nothing has changed.

The grip the directors has on this club is suffocating it and yes now is time for action but i agree league survival first.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
Cloudy
March 20, 2018, 7:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Dont want to see like im having a go but when BigChris was on the board nothing was exactly different then was it if i recall ? The trust was supposed to be our voice and im afraid no matter who resigns stays or just moves on nothing has changed.

The grip the directors has on this club is suffocating it and yes now is time for action but i agree league survival first.

Don't think he was ever on the board was he?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
pizzzza
March 20, 2018, 7:32am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
It is OK former Trust board members coming on here calling for change at the top, removal of Fenty, but what put Fenty in such a powerful position in the first place? That's right, the Trust's decision to gift Fenty all those shares. Who was on the Trust board at the time? They should have canvassed their members to make the correct decision (ie hold onto the shares!), unless the carrot of a place on the board was too much of a temptation for those who were "self-serving" (not my words...).

Either the Trust board at the time:
1. Welcomed the hand-over of shares in return for the much coveted seat on the board.
or...
2. Lacked the foresight to see what the consequences of the hand-over would be. This should have been made clear to their membership.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 106
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2018, 7:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Im off for a sit down as i actually agree pizzza.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
fleabag1970
March 20, 2018, 8:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
To be honest I got bored reading the OP.  There is nothing in it I havnt read on here before .  

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 8:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from realist
It will never happen. The trust treats its members with the same contempt that Fenty treats his customers. Look at the number of people who have posted that they have heard nothing since paying their membership. Is this ths dynamic inclusive group we need to influence our club? You have had your chance and  blown it

Whs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 106
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 8:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from pizzzza
It is OK former Trust board members coming on here calling for change at the top, removal of Fenty, but what put Fenty in such a powerful position in the first place? That's right, the Trust's decision to gift Fenty all those shares. Who was on the Trust board at the time? They should have canvassed their members to make the correct decision (ie hold onto the shares!), unless the carrot of a place on the board was too much of a temptation for those who were "self-serving" (not my words...).

1. Welcomed the hand-over of shares in return for the much coveted seat on the board.
or...
2. Lacked the foresight to see what the consequences of the hand-over would be. This should have been made clear to their membership.

I was thinking the same about the shares ... who made that decision ? Awaits spin and deflection type answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 8:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
The whole Trust membership voted in favour of handing over the shares, so it was certainly democratic. Not everyone, but a majority anyway. I think if the vote were done now, there would certainly be a different outcome.

I also think the Trust have drifted for far too long and lost focus. There doesn't appear to me to be anything to rally around, as no matter what the views of the fans, and whichever way the Trust vote on matters, they will always be outvoted by the other board members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
Cloudy
March 20, 2018, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I was thinking the same about the shares ... who made that decision ? Awaits spin and deflection type answer

IIRC it has been posted on here before that the membership voted to transfer the shares by an overwhelming 86% in return for a seat on the board and JF buying an additional £200k worth of shares.

No spin whatsover the Membership voted in a democratic way.

I doubt they would vote the same way now but we would all like to re-write history from time to time
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
Cloudy
March 20, 2018, 8:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

or...

The members voted in favour of the transfer of the shares and has others have put it the seat on the board WAS hugely attractive at the time
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.