Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 164 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,351 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
March 20, 2018, 7:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

I know of Dave Roberts and although he left the Trust board I am sure he was still in contact with them and new them all very well, so I feel my comment still stands otherwise why would he say what he did?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong. Just that it's possible for two reasonable people to draw different conclusions about the same people from their different perspectives, age, experience of those people, the preceding relationship each has with them, and potentially still have enough in common (Bax and Dave) to agree to differ and work together.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 106
Vance Warner
March 20, 2018, 7:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from ginnywings

Same here. Think most are beyond anger now and well into the realms of apathy. I feel no affinity to the club any more and as you say, it's just all deeply disappointing.

Not me I'm fuck1ng furious. If we go down the atmosphere will be toxic especially if our fate is sealed at home. I'm afraid I don't quite buy people claiming they are apathetic when they post on a town forum every day. The first stage of beating addiction is admitting it to yourself!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 106
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 20, 2018, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Wonder if we look like being relegated at final home game if JF will pay for a police presence inside the ground, possibly situated in the Upper Findus?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 106
ginnywings
March 20, 2018, 8:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Vance Warner

Not me I'm fuck1ng furious. If we go down the atmosphere will be toxic especially if our fate is sealed at home. I'm afraid I don't quite buy people claiming they are apathetic when they post on a town forum every day. The first stage of beating addiction is admitting it to yourself!

Thanks for letting me know how i feel. I can assure you it's not anger, more like resignation. Can't do anything about the situation, so i'm not going to get het up about it. If you want to be angry, go ahead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 106
MuddyWaters
March 20, 2018, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

Thanks for letting me know how i feel. I can assure you it's not anger, more like resignation. Can't do anything about the situation, so i'm not going to get het up about it. If you want to be angry, go ahead.

I think you'll find that you, amongst many, have said enough to do something. Whether it be now or in the future, this passage of events will force change because the fans/board relationship is irreparable. There is no respect anymore.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 106
Teestogreen
March 20, 2018, 10:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Either the GTFC Board, through its appointment of managers, coaches and players, has been totally incompetent  -

Or the GTFC Board plan has been / is to get relegated.

Which ever one it is, Town fans are right to be unhappy by the current 'Freefall' towards the bottom 2 places, and the current Board is ultimately responsible for these circumstances - and there can be no confidence in it.

Not sure that Morecambe deserve as few as the reported 891 attendees tonight, but this GTFC Board deserve fewer.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 106
lukeo
March 21, 2018, 6:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
If Fenty did say what is rumoured on here about OP then he needs to leave. What a rude nieve outrages thing to say. OP boosted out attendances home and away, it Brought the fans together and most importantly for me it Brought a promotion AND many happy memories for myself and I'm sure 100's of other FANS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 106
1mickylyons
March 21, 2018, 1:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from lukeo
If Fenty did say what is rumoured on here about OP then he needs to leave. What a rude nieve outrages thing to say. OP boosted out attendances home and away, it Brought the fans together and most importantly for me it Brought a promotion AND many happy memories for myself and I'm sure 100's of other FANS.

I may be wrong but I think it was SHUT UP Marley who rubbished the OP campaign?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 106
grimsby pete
March 21, 2018, 1:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I may be wrong but I think it was SHUT UP Marley who rubbished the OP campaign?

SHUT UP might have said it as well but it was Fenty that said it to Bax,

I could be wrong.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 106
1mickylyons
March 21, 2018, 1:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from grimsby pete

SHUT UP might have said it as well but it was Fenty that said it to Bax,

I could be wrong.

Well Pete what I mean is the first I had heard of OP being dismissed was at the Forum you could hear an audible gasp

Not a good night those on the top table came looking for a conflict never really got what they wanted before the watershed then kicked off with a display of bullying more suited to a playground.Barring the first half hour Slade wasted they had actually got the room more or less onside when SHUT UP lobbed the grenade in the fireworks box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.