Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 163 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,415 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
March 20, 2018, 10:07am
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I can assure you it`s gone nowhere it`s been put on simmer.

Just wait until we are relegated. There will be hell on, like never seen before. Burton will look like a walk in the park.
Reply: 40 - 106
realist
March 20, 2018, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
The trust running the club would be worse than what we have now. A secretive boys club with limited membership whose board members resign at the slightest disagreement.  At least Fenty had hung in there.
We need to wipe the slate clean and form a new group which is properly run with the support of all the fans without any of the existing trust board members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 106
dapperz fun pub
March 20, 2018, 10:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,928
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 75

Just wait until we are relegated. There will be hell on, like never seen before. Burton will look like a walk in the park.

If we're relegated their won't be hell on people are losing interest in the whole thing heartbreaking but true

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 106
Cloudy
March 20, 2018, 10:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from realist
The trust running the club would be worse than what we have now. A secretive boys club with limited membership whose board members resign at the slightest disagreement.  At least Fenty had hung in there.
We need to wipe the slate clean and form a new group which is properly run with the support of all the fans without any of the existing trust board members.

I understand there are several vacancies on the Trust board so lets get all the dissenters together and they can then stand for the Trust board and move things forward.

There must be 10 or more on here alone who can stand for election and if the fans want them, they can wipe the slate clean & have the power to stage a takeover.

Vote realist. You know it makes sense!
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 106
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The Trust is dead and buried or it should be.
It has achieved very little, due partly to the stranglehold Fenty has over it coupled with the failure to establish any stability on its own board. I used to joke the Trust rep on the club board sharpened the pencils and made the tea, in terms of having any real influence I wasn't far out.
The positives of Operation Promotion (now belittled by Fenty) the improved running of the bars (done to 'buy' a totally ineffectual seat on the board of the club) and the odd fundraising day need to be set against the total lack of organisation and continuity such as the failure to communicate with or issue any form of membership card etc to members once they have parted with their money
The only trump card the Trust held in the struggle to influence Fenty and his gang, the shares, was given away.
I see no meaningful role for the Trust going forward, just more hopeful but equally unachievable ideas and plans. No fans trust is ever going to move this board or out its leader, a plunge in income (with what it might entail league wise) is possibly the only thing that might affect the current dictatorship, a bunch of well meaning amateurs won't

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 106
ska face
March 20, 2018, 11:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,629
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from realist

I’m all up for criticism and the waving of pitchforks when required - but that’s just patently bullsht, isn’t it?

Not much of a secret club when they publish their minutes on a monthly basis and people are welcomed to come down and sit in to view the discussions before deciding whether or not they fancy joining in. I’m sure a prominent member of this forum plus an esteemed local journalist can attest to that happening within the last month.

And I’ve no idea where you’ve come to the conclusion that membership is limited when almost every single official (and most non-official) utterings from the Trust or their members has included a plea for other people to get involved at all levels. As for the “boys club” comment, it would appear 3 of the 11 people around the table at the last meeting were women - not a perfect gender balance by any stretch but certainly better than the one at Fenty Towers!
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 106
1mickylyons
March 20, 2018, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin
The Trust is dead and buried or it should be.
It has achieved very little, due partly to the stranglehold Fenty has over it coupled with the failure to establish any stability on its own board. I used to joke the Trust rep on the club board sharpened the pencils and made the tea, in terms of having any real influence I wasn't far out.
The positives of Operation Promotion (now belittled by Fenty) the improved running of the bars (done to 'buy' a totally ineffectual seat on the board of the club) and the odd fundraising day need to be set against the total lack of organisation and continuity such as the failure to communicate with or issue any form of membership card etc to members once they have parted with their money
The only trump card the Trust held in the struggle to influence Fenty and his gang, the shares, was given away.
I see no meaningful role for the Trust going forward, just more hopeful but equally unachievable ideas and plans. No fans trust is ever going to move this board or out its leader, a plunge in income (with what it might entail league wise) is possibly the only thing that might affect the current dictatorship, a bunch of well meaning amateurs won't

Well what do you do Swin?

You post your opinions but let`s be honest how many of them are ever positive be it towards team,trust,fenty personally I have no problem with that and totally get where you come from.

However this post you are rubbishing the efforts of mere fans who give up their free time to try and make things better whilst you yourself are prepared to give what exactly?

You are not alone of course and no more guilty than me of such malaise but come May things will be different.The tone of posts on here the talk in pubs and workplaces all point to intercourse it im done if nothing changes. I have followed Town since 79 and I have never heard so many die hard fans displaying these thoughts.Trust or Bust

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 106
1mickylyons
March 20, 2018, 11:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ska face

I’m all up for criticism and the waving of pitchforks when required - but that’s just patently bullsht, isn’t it?

Not much of a secret club when they publish their minutes on a monthly basis and people are welcomed to come down and sit in to view the discussions before deciding whether or not they fancy joining in. I’m sure a prominent member of this forum plus an esteemed local journalist can attest to that happening within the last month.

And I’ve no idea where you’ve come to the conclusion that membership is limited when almost every single official (and most non-official) utterings from the Trust or their members has included a plea for other people to get involved at all levels. As for the “boys club” comment, it would appear 3 of the 11 people around the table at the last meeting were women - not a perfect gender balance by any stretch but certainly better than the one at Fenty Towers!

Come now let`s not let the truth get in the way...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 106
Ipswin
March 20, 2018, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well what do you do Swin?

You post your opinions but let`s be honest how many of them are ever positive be it towards team,trust,fenty personally I have no problem with that and totally get where you come from.

However this post you are rubbishing the efforts of mere fans who give up their free time to try and make things better whilst you yourself are prepared to give what exactly?

You are not alone of course and no more guilty than me of such malaise but come May things will be different.The tone of posts on here the talk in pubs and workplaces all point to intercourse it im done if nothing changes. I have followed Town since 79 and I have never heard so many die hard fans displaying these thoughts.Trust or Bust

I did not seek to rubbish their efforts merely to point out that they are wasting their time given the stranglehold Fenty and his gang have coupled with the total lack of an organised agreed direction within the Trust itself.
It is as you observed just ordinary fans giving of their time and is therefore, sadly, a totally amateur and toothless group. They do not have a voice or any power and therefore do not and cannot represent the fans as their raison d'etre implies. The club and more importantly its fans would be no worse off if the Trust disappeared (unless of course it is going to mount another Operation Promotion next season to get us back in the league again)  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 106
grimsby pete
March 20, 2018, 11:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
We have reached the point of no return regarding the running of our great club,

Lets look at what is different now,

Fenty has always come in for some criticism over the years, some rightly some wrongly,

His family and supporters have always come back on here to defend him,

Well that has stopped hasn't it ?

Not one fishy member has come out to defend him for weeks now,

So what happens after this season?

If we go down it could be the end not just for Fenty but for our great club,

Fans had 6 years going round the country competing against village teams most of the time giving them the biggest crowd of the season,

BUT

Fenty and Co did not appreciate the support  because it did not give the club any profit,

I am afraid that will not happen again as once in a life time is enough for most fans,

If we survive things will have to change and that will not happen if Fenty is still in power,

He will have to walk away he past the point of no return.

You only have to look at the likes of Bax and Big Chris who have come on here and said their piece to know there will be something big happening in the summer whether we are safe or not,

So for 8 games that will decide our fate I just agree with others that we should all unite behind Jolley and the team and hope we can get enough points to survive ,

Then the future will be fantastic imo ,

A bright new manager with a bright new board backing him,

A club that is united from the stands to the boardroom,

Wouldn't that be great. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.