Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,414 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
March 22, 2018, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Operation Promotion was much more than the £110k it raised.

But when you're a narrow-minded Tory who only looks at things in terms of money - and not in terms of social bonding, loyalty, camaraderie and the positive knock-on effects it has on other areas of the club and the town in general - you end up insulting the fans by underplaying its true significance, because you don't understand it.

Take a moment to think about how much money you've put into the club over the years you've supported it - pies, pints, programmes, videos, DVDs, shirts, merchandise on top of tickets - and, as a proportion of your income I'd suggest you deserve to be treated much, much better than you currently are by Fenty and his awful regime.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
Bigdog
March 22, 2018, 6:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from RichMariner

But when you're a narrow-minded Tory who only looks at things in terms of money - and not in terms of social bonding, loyalty, camaraderie and the positive knock-on effects it has on other areas of the club and the town in general - you end up insulting the fans by underplaying its true significance, because you don't understand it.

Take a moment to think about how much money you've put into the club over the years you've supported it - pies, pints, programmes, videos, DVDs, shirts, merchandise on top of tickets - and, as a proportion of your income I'd suggest you deserve to be treated much, much better than you currently are by Fenty and his awful regime.

Rich, I look forward to reading all of your posts and agree with pretty much everything you say, but can we leave politics out of this. The club is in a mess because JF is shite at running a football club. This holier than thou onslaught from the red side is going to lose you the next election. Everything red good, everything blue bad shoved in our faces when all we want to do is chat and moan about our football club does you no favours. I vote blue, are you saying I can't socially bond, be loyal or understand and contribute to social welfare? This recent political infiltration into football forums and hashtags bores the ars off me..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
rancido
March 22, 2018, 6:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

Rich, I look forward to reading all of your posts and agree with pretty much everything you say, but can we leave politics out of this. The club is in a mess because JF is shite at running a football club. This holier than thou onslaught from the red side is going to lose you the next election. Everything red good, everything blue bad shoved in our faces when all we want to do is chat and moan about our football club does you no favours. I vote blue, are you saying I can't socially bond, be loyal or understand and contribute to social welfare? This recent political infiltration into football forums and hashtags bores the ars off me..

I agree ! Why is it that whenever some posters have a go at JF they have to bring his politics into it. If, as you say , being a Tory is narrow minded then all I can say is that when there is a Tory majority in Government then those MPs have been voted in by a majority of narrow minded people. That is a terrible thing to call a large percentage of the British voting public.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
lew chaterleys lover
March 22, 2018, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from RichMariner

What has his politics to do with it? Surely you cannot be suggesting only Labour supporting non chairman make a decent job of it? Being a Tory politician is the least of his problems.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
ska face
March 22, 2018, 7:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,624
Gold Stars: 840
lol.

Fenty’s been called every name under the sun on this forum, his family have been abused, people have talked about his death, his daughters, his mental state...but the moment you call him a Tory you’ve crossed the line! hahaha ace
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
Tell the truth
March 22, 2018, 7:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not far off. Matchday receipts went up by about £200k. Retail/merchandise went up by £125k.

Interestingly the cash position also improved a lot too. Wonder if that was helped by £110k extra being poured into the coffers?

All the new revenue was not shown in accounts until the following season,anybody have a clue why ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
TheRealJohnLewis
March 22, 2018, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Please don't bad mouth my beloved Tories, it makes me sad.

FFS.

All politicians are girl privates. All.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
barralad
March 22, 2018, 7:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
[quote][/quote]
Quoted from Tell the truth

All the new revenue was not shown in accounts until the following season,anybody have a clue why ?

I'm not sure but it could be due to the timing of the end of the financial year. I think Town's ends on 30 June.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2018, 8:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tell the truth

I was going by the accounts for FY 15-16. Operation Promotion was in the June-July after season 14-15 finished. Financial year end is 31 May. So it stands to reason the accounts I quoted (15-16) are the right ones.

It's highly unlikely that the new revenue was not shown until 16-17 (our first year back in the League). Or do you have privileged information us mere mortals don't have access to?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2018, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

No, but you're probably just misguided in your politics.  

Anyway, you can't divorce football from politics. Just look what's happened in the last 30 years in football and how it reflects changes in economics, society, globalisation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.