Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Views and Opinions!

This thread currently has 16,353 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
March 22, 2018, 8:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from rancido

I agree ! Why is it that whenever some posters have a go at JF they have to bring his politics into it. If, as you say , being a Tory is narrow minded then all I can say is that when there is a Tory majority in Government then those MPs have been voted in by a majority of narrow minded people. That is a terrible thing to call a large percentage of the British voting public.

But that doesn't mean it's not true!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
Brazilnut
March 22, 2018, 8:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Operation Promotion not only help financially.......the feel good of them few weeks must surely have encouraged old players to resign and new ones to commit

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
Tell the truth
March 22, 2018, 10:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I was going by the accounts for FY 15-16. Operation Promotion was in the June-July after season 14-15 finished. Financial year end is 31 May. So it stands to reason the accounts I quoted (15-16) are the right ones.

It's highly unlikely that the new revenue was not shown until 16-17 (our first year back in the League). Or do you have privileged information us mere mortals don't have access to?

I wish I had privileged info but unfortunately I'm nowhere near that inner circle.Was looking at the figures as well on company house and if operation promotion did not take place we would still be in the depths of the national league.A place we should never ever go again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
KingstonMariner
March 23, 2018, 1:09am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tell the truth

I wish I had privileged info but unfortunately I'm nowhere near that inner circle.Was looking at the figures as well on company house and if operation promotion did not take place we would still be in the depths of the national league.A place we should never ever go again

Well that's a given, but the way you were talking it sounded like you knew the OP money had been posted in the following season's accounts (i.e. 16-17), when it looks like nothing of the sort.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
Mrs Doyle
March 23, 2018, 3:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Whatever happens this season the close season looks to be a very bumpy time for the board if we go down they alone must take the blame.

If we somehow survive without a large investment (not just the parachute payment) Jolley will be firefighting all next season the season ticket sales will look bleak to say the least.

My own and many more stalwart fans will simply lose all interest with this board many have already decided their position seems untenable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
Mariner_09
March 23, 2018, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
The problem is Fenty (sorry the board) don't view that their positions are untenable, in fact he believes he is indispensable from his role as our great leader, I don't see how relegation would make him change his mind. He believes he has unlimited sympathy due to his contributions after ITV digital but that sympathy has simply worn out.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
Tell the truth
March 23, 2018, 3:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +24
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well that's a given, but the way you were talking it sounded like you knew the OP money had been posted in the following season's accounts (i.e. 16-17), when it looks like nothing of the sort.

What I meant was the revenue was up at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Views and Opinions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.