8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
February 22, 2018, 6:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Only read what the telegraph have written briefly of what he has said but I'm sorry (here come the red x's) I have to agree with him that we should not be protesting from 2.45pm until the final whistle. Get behind the boys and show passion. As soon as the whistle blows or pre match outside the stadium do what you need to do. Whether people like it or not protesting during a match will only make things that slightly more worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from devs
Desperate message from a desperate man - embarrassing to be fair
Doesn't affect me cos I never abuse players, boo players etc just support the team

He's never ever going to get the fans on board so he'd be better off not giving people more ammunition

Smooth-talking Tory councillor trying to win over (basically) working class fans is a big ask at the best of times - so just leave it John!

Doesn't matter what 'class' you are from - treating people with respect should be a given. I run a business which has a lot of working class and benefit claiming customers, they all get treated exactly the same.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
RoboCod
February 22, 2018, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
"Together we are stronger and the only way we can make Blundell Park a fortress is by turning out and backing the team.
Let’s show that relentless support for the team that has seen us recognized nationally in the past and here’s to bringing the goals, confidence and buzz back at Blundell Park"

Not a plea taken from todays latest statement but from the last statement when we were asked to back the team, back on the 9th Jan, under Slade.
I do hope the fans back the team but I also hope they have no reason to turn on them again as us fans really seem to be in some hopeless, empty promise ridden swirl of endless groundhog days, if the above statement is anything to go by.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
For felicitations sake leave the bloke alone

He did what we all wanted and sacked the manager

He appears to be taking his time to find a new bloke and not rushing head on into another disasterous appointment

He wants to intercourse off out of the club and I believe nothing would give him greater pleasure (like most of us) but can't find anyone to buy him out

He is defending an employee against what was a disgraceful verbal attack and explaining the employee's behaviour

We are all painfully aware that his statements are always ill thought out, unnecessary and where there is something to tell the fans often totally lacking in info but like the team, he just can't win.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
You are loved up with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 6:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin
For felicitations sake leave the bloke alone

He did what we all wanted and sacked the manager

He appears to be taking his time to find a new bloke and not rushing head on into another disasterous appointment

He wants to intercourse off out of the club and I believe nothing would give him greater pleasure (like most of us) but can't find anyone to buy him out

He is defending an employee against what was a disgraceful verbal attack and explaining the employee's behaviour

We are all painfully aware that his statements are always ill thought out, unnecessary and where there is something to tell the fans often totally lacking in info but like the team, he just can't win.

I am beginning to worry about you my mate  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from realist
You are loved up with him

Not at all I think he's a useless lump but its difficult to see what he can do and attacking him and /or the team will change nowt

His sacking of Slade was, I am sure (although he will never admit it) led by fan pressure and whoever is appointed (unless we are in the Premier League in four years) will bring on another tirade of complaints / abuse down on his head.

Who would want his job? For that matter who wants the managers job (except perhaps Wilko)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
monkeyboy
February 22, 2018, 6:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I wouldn't criticise his manager selection because I am as clueless as he is. I know I wouldn't have had Slade back though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 6:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from monkeyboy
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.

And it would give time for all the venom to dissipate from social media and the web.

I honestly am so confused at how people think personal abuse- and it's more than just the vernon thing- think all those posts insulting slade, fenty- make this club an attractive proposition to any manager worth their salt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.