8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I could only manage halfway through that, yet again he's using the fans as a scapegoat to the performances. This is john fenty in his true colours, if he knew town fans he would know that we don't travel all that way to have a go at players before a balls kicked, theres reasons as to why they are getting grief is simply because of our position and their lack of interest in playing for the club. That bloke riles me so much in his smarmy ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
GrimRob
February 22, 2018, 5:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Is it asking much for football supporters to support the team they profess to love?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 75
February 22, 2018, 5:29pm
Guest User
Personally I think that Vernons supersonic hearing is wasted at Town. I was sat towards the side of the stand and I didn’t hear any abuse directed about Vernons family so how on earth did he? (Bearing in mind the distance from the subs and the fans at Cambridge is a fair distance). Also why did he laugh when ‘this fan’ aimed the rude gesture towards the Town fans. If someone abused my family I wouldn’t find it very funny.
Reply: 22 - 75
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Two people I wish would eff off out of BP Fenty and Nick Dale, the pair of murky twits
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
GrimRob
February 22, 2018, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
No more statements ha ha what a load of codswallop ..

Isn't this a statement about a different thing? This one is mainly about Vernon. The one where it said that was about the manager I think?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from GrimRob
Is it asking much for football supporters to support the team they profess to love?

That is a fair question.

On that basis, on Saturday I will be cheering the lads on with my usual gusto, whilst also singing "Fenty out" in every break in play. That way everyone's a winner.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
Bigdog
February 22, 2018, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
You know when a long stay at the helm of a football club is coming to a natural end when you have to agree that some of what JF is saying is sensible regarding the predicament we are in on the playing side. But the ensuing critical comments by the fanbase carry much more credence because events in the past have led to the sorry state the club now finds itself in..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
devs
February 22, 2018, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Desperate message from a desperate man - embarrassing to be fair
Doesn't affect me cos I never abuse players, boo players etc just support the team

He's never ever going to get the fans on board so he'd be better off not giving people more ammunition

Smooth-talking Tory councillor trying to win over (basically) working class fans is a big ask at the best of times - so just leave it John!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
headingly_mariner
February 22, 2018, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from GrimRob

But they already do. Even at the last home game the grief was directed at the board and not the players. The same people protesting were also the ones whipping up an atmosphere to support the team. How does protesting against the board effect the players? If anything it deflects the heat from the players. I have no beef with the players. The bloke who abused Vernon is clearly massively in the wrong and I'm not bothered about vernon's reaction.

I do take issue with saying that some people only travelled to Cambridge to protest. The people with banners and doing the Fenty Out chanting have been at games up and down the country for much longer than I've been going.

The fans are not the reason we are in this position. The board have made a complete mess of it and any protest in or out of the ground is fair enough as long as it isn't aimed at the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
Teestogreen
February 22, 2018, 5:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Evening 's'

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.