MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from monkeyboy
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.

That's what happened last season wasn't it? A rip roaring success that turned out to be.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
Cloudy
February 22, 2018, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from monkeyboy
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.

He did finally sack Slade but at least 4 weeks too late!

He sacked him AFTER he shipped out any semblance of creativity.

He SACKED him after the transfer window closed leaving behind a terribly unbalanced squad.

I actually don't think the squad is THAT bad but it has no confidence and desperately needs a new voice to lead and motivate them, a fresh set of eyes to get gem playing closer to their ability. For me it IS VITAL we get a new man in.

Sadly a misplaced pass or an unenforced error will get the crowd on the players backs and we go round again.

Fenty blames the fans for this that and everything, yet he is like a blind man who cannot see the error of his ways. He ploughs on in his own egotistical manner, oblivious to why the club is collapsing around his ears.

Just take a back seat John, step aside from the day to day running of the club, you are causing far more damage by your freakish control
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
monkeyboy
February 22, 2018, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Cloudy

He SACKED him after the transfer window closed leaving behind a terribly unbalanced squad.

I actually don't think the squad is THAT bad but it has no confidence and desperately needs a new voice to lead and motivate them, a fresh set of eyes to get gem playing closer to their ability. For me it IS VITAL we get a new man in.

Sadly a misplaced pass or an unenforced error will get the crowd on the players backs and we go round again.

Fenty blames the fans for this that and everything, yet he is like a blind man who cannot see the error of his ways. He ploughs on in his own egotistical manner, oblivious to why the club is collapsing around his ears.

Just take a back seat John, step aside from the day to day running of the club, you are causing far more damage by your freakish control

I agree the timing of the sacking was urine poor indeed and makes it very difficult for anyone to get results, for me that has made it the biggest danger now to going down, not the fact that Wilko is in charge.
Im not sure who this number 2 Byrne is he has in but maybe just maybe this guy can have a good effect and fresh eyes you where mentioning.
It would seem that the number 2 is also Wilkos choice which in this instance makes a world of difference that the manager and assistant get along and probably work in tandem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 7:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from Cloudy

Put the Fenty issue to one side and ask yourself what the goal is short term. You would probably agree it's to stop the slide and get some points on the board. If so why not decide that the players we have we are stuck with so instead of getting on their backs when they mess up , support them. If it's not you getting on their backs then encourage those who are to just change their mindset and not get on their backs. We re in this together with the same goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
BPMariner
February 22, 2018, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Here here. Get behind our own players, make the place hostile for the opposition. This will no doubt be Paul Tisdale's team talk on Saturday. "Turn their own fans on them, if they are not already."  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 7:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from BPMariner
Here here. Get behind our own players, make the place hostile for the opposition. This will no doubt be Paul Tisdale's team talk on Saturday. "Turn their own fans on them, if they are not already."  

It was also Newports team talk and I imagine countless other teams too. That is a bit embarrassing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from BPMariner

Any sane fan will do that. That doesn't mean we can't discuss the Fenty plea on here does it?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
“I plead with the fans who have really got an angst with the way the football club’s run to take that argument outside Blundell Park if possible, because it really isn’t helping anything,” Fenty said.

Are you for flipping real, as soon as the team walks out on to the pitch I want them to win and enjoy themselves but the problem is some of them are stealing a wage or just not good enough, this is your doing, put it right and offer the players a staying up bonus at the end of the season.

You need to be proactive not reactive, this is why you have failed time and time again, you want the kudos of running the club but don't want the grief for the countless gaffs and excrement decisions, time for you to go and take your benign debt with you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Pouton4ever

And it would give time for all the venom to dissipate from social media and the web.

I honestly am so confused at how people think personal abuse- and it's more than just the vernon thing- think all those posts insulting slade, fenty- make this club an attractive proposition to any manager worth their salt.

All clubs are the same. You have to take the rough with the smooth. This amount of dissatisfaction is a surprise, but I think people have just had enough.

Yes it will be difficult to attract a decent manager, but I can assure you that is not down to the fans on social media or at the ground(s)

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
Grim74
February 22, 2018, 7:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Not matter what Fenty does he will always get abuse from these perverse fraggle's, if he had appointed the no-mark from the tin pot league it would of been accepted as a good decision by the majority, (just like Slade) but say we were to get relegated then the vitriol led by the Fenty obsessed CA would swing straight right back his way! He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

I would rather give it to wilkinson now anyway a local lad who has done his town proud, maybe it's going to far to say he deserves his chance but he's there now so intercourse it get behind him he's only had one game FFS.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.