8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
February 22, 2018, 7:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Why Fenty feels the need to continually makes  these video statements.......it's like he cant help himself. Even though he must surely realise he simply winds people up and does nothing to diffuse the situation.

He's not the chairman so why cant we hear from one of the other faceless directors instead. I wonder if any of them have any opinions at all. It is the Fenty show after all.

Re the Vernon issue a simple worded statement would suffice. And whatever you think about the team and Vernon as a player being abusive about his familly is too far and is not acceptable.

Ok the fans need to get behind the team. I agree with that. But by the same token the team need to show some flipping balls and turn up on matchday and get the fans onside by showing some passion and commitment. We are not in this mess because of the fans. A clueless manager and too many players who dont seem overly bothered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Cloudy

He did finally sack Slade but at least 4 weeks too late!

He sacked him AFTER he shipped out any semblance of creativity.

He SACKED him after the transfer window closed leaving behind a terribly unbalanced squad.

I actually don't think the squad is THAT bad but it has no confidence and desperately needs a new voice to lead and motivate them, a fresh set of eyes to get gem playing closer to their ability. For me it IS VITAL we get a new man in.

Sadly a misplaced pass or an unenforced error will get the crowd on the players backs and we go round again.

Fenty blames the fans for this that and everything, yet he is like a blind man who cannot see the error of his ways. He ploughs on in his own egotistical manner, oblivious to why the club is collapsing around his ears.

Just take a back seat John, step aside from the day to day running of the club, you are causing far more damage by your freakish control

How I heartily agree with that last sentence.

The whole club is gripped by "Fentyitis" which is strangling the club from within. If only he would take an extended break, at the very least and let people start doing what they feel is right for a change. You know what I mean - when the boss goes on holiday at work everything runs much more smoothly, doesn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

How I heartily agree with that last sentence.

The whole club is gripped by "Fentyitis" which is strangling the club

Sadly this board and many other fans are fuelling and causing the progression of the disease. We contributed to the managers dismissal, now lets forget Fenty, ignore him and his daft statements, he won't be playing on Saturday (I hope) and just support the team and Wilkinson

I fancy a win on Saturday BTW

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Ipswin

Sadly this board and many other fans are fuelling and causing the progression of the disease. We contributed to the managers dismissal, now lets forget Fenty, ignore him and his daft statements, he won't be playing on Saturday (I hope) and just support the team and Wilkinson

I think the 12 games without a win or hardly a goal was the cause of Slades demise.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
TAGG
February 22, 2018, 8:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Yet again should have kept his trap shut.

Absolute load of 'dribble'  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

The board didn't listen to the fans so the fans haven't contributed Slades dismissal, Fenty stated in the fentygate tape he usually gives a manager 6 straight defeats and no reasonable plan to change it before he pulls the trigger, he let that slip to 12 games because he was mates with him. Even giving him the transfer window to do business when he should have gone well before that. There is no defence for Fenty he has cocked up in a major way this time, does he has form for putting things right, no, and blaming the fans for the players unable to do the basics, remember his words of wisdom to Lincoln, keep out negative and toxic fans to avoid relegation. John doesn't like dissenting voices to his crippling grip on the club, he doesn't want people giving him grief in the ground.

Any player stealing a wage or capitulating during a game, deserves all the grief that comes their way. People are fed up of rallying calls only for the players not to give a shite, it's about time the players delivered something for the fans to cheer about.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
thefish
February 22, 2018, 8:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The bloke who abused Vernon is clearly massively in the wrong and I'm not bothered about vernon's reaction.

Why? What were his exact words/actions? Genuinely curious!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Cloudy
February 22, 2018, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Marinerz93

The board didn't listen to the fans so the fans haven't contributed Slades dismissal, Fenty stated in the fentygate tape he usually gives a manager 6 straight defeats and no reasonable plan to change it before he pulls the trigger, he let that slip to 12 games because he was mates with him. Even giving him the transfer window to do business when he should have gone well before that. There is no defence for Fenty he has cocked up in a major way this time, does he has form for putting things right, no, and blaming the fans for the players unable to do the basics, remember his words of wisdom to Lincoln, keep out negative and toxic fans to avoid relegation. John doesn't like dissenting voices to his crippling grip on the club, he doesn't want people giving him grief in the ground.

Any player stealing a wage or capitulating during a game, deserves all the grief that comes their way. People are fed up of rallying calls only for the players not to give a shite, it's about time the players delivered something for the fans to cheer about.

Agree totally with the first paragraph but I don't actually think the players have shirked their shift. They haven't been very good and now seem riddled with fear but I don't actually think they haven't tried tbh
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Cayman_mariner
February 22, 2018, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
We're in such a difficult situation at the moment.  We're desperate to get this management situation sorted, and if nothing else a new appointment would give the club a lift, but are definitely paying the price for waiting too long to pull the trigger on RS, which for me is where the fault lies.

Its really not surprising we can't snare any our top choices at the moment. Our club has potential but who in reality is going to want to risk coming in for 12 games, to what is probably the worst team in league football (on current form anyway) to risk their reputation and stock with a team at their lowest ebb of confidence and with their hands tied to be able to bring other players in.

I hope I'm wrong, but suspect we are going to have Wilko in charge for the next few games and surely it would be in our own interests to keep negativity out of BP during the games and try and create a positive atmosphere towards the team - if it helps even in a tiny way to gaining another 3 points surely that's worth it?  

Its not in the interests of making things easier on JF, just anything to help get us over the line to safety as quickly as we can and helping in achieving that for Our Club - not for the board.

If we can get another 10 points and safety the whole situation changes and we become a far more attractive proposition than we are now to potential managers.  It won't change anything with our dissatisfaction with the board and there is plenty of time or other ways to let our feelings known - it doesn't have to be during the game.

Surely in the short term doing anything to generate a positive atmosphere and get behind the team should be paramount - and vent any anger into making BP hostile for the opposition during those 90 minutes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Its actually just occurred to me what this message could be about....

prospective manager coming to the game on Saturday maybe.....3000 semi happy fans vs 3000 angry fans , which one might help persuade a target this is the club to come to ?

just a thought.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.